New rule for 2012?? Weight number listed on side of door

this might be easier yet, and in your trailer...(and mentioned somewhere in these 7 pages)
I still have my tech sticker from the '10 Runoffs, so I will leave it at that.

Update on the minimum weight display rule:

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/RM_11-13.pdf

RACING MEMO
DATE: December 16, 2011 NUMBER: RM 11-13
TO: All Participants
SUBJECT: Minimum Weight Display Correction
Club Racing Board Recommended item #4350 in the December BoD minutes
inadvertently lost important formatting during processing. The intended
format is shown below.
In 9.3.29, add a new section D as follows:
"Except for classes in which there is only 1 required minimum weight (i.e., ASR,
FB, FC, FE, FM, FS, FST, FV, SM5, SRF), all cars shall display the correct
minimum weight specified in the current GCR using numbers that are a
minimum of two inches in height and are within 6 inches of the class
designation
in a manner that is clearly legible to the scrutineers at the scales.
Cars that are run in more than one class must display the correct minimum
weight for each class so that it is clear which weight applies to each class."
[The CRB has modified the text in response to member input. The grayed out
text is removed and replace by the remaining text in that sentence.]

They removed the section is bold. So now there is no size and location limitation but Peter can still use his Roman numerals.

I'm disappointed they didn't come up with a standard place for the weight info.

I'm just going to add mine to my Tech Sticker - the tech folks will know where those are no matter where I'm racing.

That's the intent of this rule anyway.

Dave Gomberg":2njn51b3 said:
Larry Frankenstein":2njn51b3 said:
How will tech know the driver/owner has put the correct weight on the car?

Thank you
L
The CRB recognizes that, within a class, competitors know other cars better than Tech (unless they do a really thorough inspection). If you were to see Joe Futz' 1962 Borgward with a weight that doesn't make sense (because you are sure the car has, for example, a dog ring box and the weight on the car doesn't square with the GCR weight), you could call it to Tech's attention or protest (if that suits your purposes better). This is actually an improvement over Tech looking up the Borgward and asking about the gear box - Tech relies on the driver's answer in either case, but this is quicker.

Dave

Whether you use roman numerals or Braille (my choice), I still don’t understand how this will make things quicker for the tech guys. Are you saying that if the weight of my Fiat (or Borgward) is called to Tech's attention or protested, Tech would rely on my answer vs. checking the PCS? Am I not seeing something here?

Thank you,
L

Larry Frankenstein":3r51liq3 said:
Whether you use roman numerals or Braille (my choice), I still don’t understand how this will make things quicker for the tech guys. Are you saying that if the weight of my Fiat (or Borgward) is called to Tech's attention or protested, Tech would rely on my answer vs. checking the PCS? Am I not seeing something here?

Thank you,
L
In categories like Prod and GT, for example, where there are weight allowances/additions for transmissions or wheel sizes or whatever, just looking up the spec line isn't enough. Most of those allowances/additions are not instantly obvious. That's what takes time to determine. When 6 or 8 classes are in a run group and 18-24 cars are coming across the scales, think about how long it could take for tech to look all that up in the book and to quiz the driver about every allowance/addition.
Dave

Larry Frankenstein":3d6odkfe said:
Am I not seeing something here?

If writing my weight on a sticker gets me through tech more quickly, I'm for it.

There's no difference in lying about your minimum weight whether it's written or verbal.... except written down is a little harder to retract if you're busted.

blamkin86":v749omrd said:
I'm disappointed they didn't come up with a standard place for the weight info.

I'm just going to add mine to my Tech Sticker - the tech folks will know where those are no matter where I'm racing.

That's the intent of this rule anyway.
As you can see, the originally proposed rule had both size and location specified. We got nothing but grief over that part (you didn't write to say that you liked it). That's why it got removed. If the tech stickers where you are have a place for the weight and it is easily visible to the tech folks, fine. Otherwise, find another way to do it.

Dave

Dave Gomberg":3hqc3kyo said:
As you can see, the originally proposed rule had both size and location specified. We got nothing but grief over that part (you didn't write to say that you liked it).
Dave

From who?

KDENNIS":11ylnl2k said:
Dave Gomberg":11ylnl2k said:
As you can see, the originally proposed rule had both size and location specified. We got nothing but grief over that part (you didn't write to say that you liked it).
Dave

From who?
Several competitors who wrote to the CRB. Some also wrote to the BoD who in turn asked the CRB to modify the language.

Dave

BLinn":13ag7jn8 said:
this might be easier yet, and in your trailer...(and mentioned somewhere in these 7 pages)
I still have my tech sticker from the '10 Runoffs, so I will leave it at that.

I'm thinking Etch-a-sketch. Be easier for the the racers that run multiple classes.

Maybe I should work on an official partnership there...

EPrill":fzzmg84y said:
I'm thinking Etch-a-sketch. Be easier for the the racers that run multiple classes...
I see you more as a techie, so maybe you could velcro your smart phones to each side. Easy to update for those class or transmission changes.

On the other hand, you do have the etch-a-sketch red working for you.

EPrill":1km6r5is said:
I'm thinking Etch-a-sketch...
OK - to help with your promo materials to get your sponsorship, here you go. Merry Christmas.

The knobs may have a little drag, but maybe you can use them as side bumpers

BLinn":2tz2bk92 said:
EPrill":2tz2bk92 said:
I'm thinking Etch-a-sketch...
OK - to help with your promo materials to get your sponsorship, here you go. Merry Christmas.

The knobs may have a little drag, but maybe you can use them as side bumpers

I love it! The side bumpers will keep enough space between us as we side-draft each other this year :D

I'm sure someone would use those "rub knobs" before Eric gets to impound.

Tough to meet minimum when if it reads 21,791

Back