Summit Point National

133 entries as of 10am Thursday.

Seems like a sure thing that it'll hit 150 with over a week to go.

-Kyle

PS: As for the competition at vintage events. It varies. At the front you have some very competitive folks. But the remaining 90% are rolling chicanes. Also, the officiating (or lack there of) leaves much to be desired. And this is with a engine rule book that basically reads "anything inside the motor is free". I guess the lack of taking things seriously leads many to be very free with their interpretation of the rules. You see blatant stuff go unnoticed for years (AL calipers where the rules clearly require iron, etc). Each type of car (not class, type - like triumph, MG, etc) gets a different set of semi-speced tires that they're allowed (and it's totally arbitrary). Ridiculous stuff like that. Trust me the grass is not greener there, unless you just want to do laps and not be bothered by rules/officials. A win in vintage is not the same as a win in SCCA.

Just trying to rattle you Bobby.

Since rain gag didn't work, I guess it's the old "Free tequila to anyone in a yellow Nissan" trick.

See you there.

-Kyle

But between now and Saturday? Rain, rain, rain. Track will probably be plenty dry - and clean - but if you go off? Nuthin' but Summit Point mud.

Road racing is best done on the road, especially at Summit Point after two weeks of heavy rains.
However, I can almost guarantee that some knucklehead will have to test the theory out.

See ya there!

dave parker

Ok, Randy showed me the prototype of the trophy this week-end and I've gotta say he captured it perfectly...an old jackstand on a ratty-assed old trophy. He even figured out that if you win it more than once you just bump up the jack a notch...

Back