Steel cities Pitt Race Majors

disquek":9xgki3l3 said:
I know I'm late to this realization, but is anyone else kind of shocked at the cost of this event?

As a two day event, the entry fee cost is $525.

If typical 3 day entry fees are just shy of $600, shouldn't a two day event be closer to $400?

The test day is $350. 88-o 88-o

Making the total entry fee for the 3 day event $875. "bananabehind: "bananabehind:

This is all very confusing to me. You'd have thought that with this being a new to everyone track, that the organizers would realize that people will want maximum seat time and come up with a schedule to support that. Instead we get the least seat time of any majors in 2015 and the highest $/min.

I will likely pony up the dough because I have family stuff planned around this event, but I'm feeling a little bent over here.

-Kyle

..... I just looked at a host of Majors Supps and the costs are $490 to 525 for a 2-day and $580-$595 for a 3-day, with an average of 50 min track time per day, assuming you run every minute listed- practice, qual, hardship, race.
So they're all about the same price- WAY too high.

As I've been told multiple times before....... Welcome to the Majors, bubba. This ain't po' folk racin'. SCCA is the Whine and Cheese crowd, not the beer guzzlers of NASA.. You want cheap racin', then Majors ain't for you. :rolleyes:

Yes the track is running the Test day; I have asked about the cost being high, response track pricing in line with what other tracks are charging for test days run by facility.

Glad to see that Group 4 has a pretty good turn out!

DeLea, Garry E Production
Dryden, Chris E Production
Halkias, Sam E Production
Walsh, Donald E Production
Campbell, Charlie F Production
Disque, Kyle GTL
Dowie, Bob GTL
Fuller, Graham GTL
Gregorius, James GTL
Kopley, Chris GTL
Lentz II, Robert GTL
McCusker, Buford GTL
Phenix, Ted GTL
Pintaric, William GTL
Bartell, Ron H Production
Camilleri, Joe H Production
Ellenwood, David H Production
Krauss, Johannes H Production
Simpson, Pat H Production
Stine, Jason H Production

Thanks AJ.

I know this isn't the region's, or the club's issue.

The price for the event does seem a little high at $525 compared to a three day event. But on its own I wouldn't have brought it up.

The test day, however, is over the top at $350.

It is what it is. But if this is the pricing model going forward, I maybe voting with my wallet next season. It seems that the current thinking is "Raise the prices, they will pay whatever we demand". Let's remember, you can shear a sheep as many times as you want, you can only skin them once.

This leaves a bad taste in my mouth about a facility I've been looking forward to for a long time.

-Kyle

PS: How about that GTL field!!! Nine cars and three of them new (or new-ish) with top tier cars!! Go us!!

I have also been choking on the $350 price tag for the test & tune. Gingerman and MIS are both much less. But, I realize now that Pitt is comparing itself to Mid-Ohio and similar tracks. Mid-Ohio actually charges $400 for a full day of testing and tuning. I know Pitt is not yet a Mid-Ohio, but they are clearly investing money in the track and facilities. It is what it is . . .

I am delighted that HP has 8 cars with at least 1 more HP car still to sign-up. That's a great turn-out for our class. I also noticed that my 18 year old tin top is the baby of the bunch :shock:

I don't know this but am wondering: Owners are the same majority owners of VIR. Same mentality??? They are doing a wonderful job with the place but it's not VIR yet.

Well, I tried to enter this morning. Apparently I am now an entrant with crew but no car. I'd like to go and try to correct it but updates are locked out :doh:

Looks like we lost Joe, but with Greg and Mike coming, we'll have 9 in H. Nice to see the small bore group being the largest at a race again!

My only concern there Charlie is E, F, and H will likely start before them since E will be faster. Then us H guys will get in the way of the GTL race a few laps in. Just my two cents.

Chief Steward can make the call to have them first or they could start second with a large gap since this track is almost 3 miles now. You know no matter what sooner or later lap traffic will play a factor. It's just a matter of enough time for the lapers and the lapees to get spread out before it starts happening.

I spoke with the Chief Steward and the series Chief Steward they both like the idea, recommend that the drivers bring it up during the drivers meeting for their group. :)

With 23 entries for the group it's not like the track is packed.

I like having somebody to race with. Don't you ?

We did a split start at Pueblo Majors with the T1 and STL starting in front of the Prod GTL/GT3 field. Eric Prill was on pole and did a great job of spacing it out so we caught the STL cars after they had strung out.

AWWWW... should I mount one of those neat old dry spreaders that teh safety trucks use to the back of my car? :whistle:

Back