New rule for 2012?? Weight number listed on side of door

Putting the weight on the car is a waste of energy and time. In this modern age where we enter online and have car data permanently attached to our entries this requirement is similar to the medicare system that requires doctors to transcribe their computer information on patients because Washington only works with paper. The ROI on this does not meet the demands for less cost and more value, unless we no longer need to fill out tech forms. It should be an "either, or" proposition. By the way, RMON can run on any smart phone. Tech most likely has someone with a smart phone. They can see the finish and be ready for the cars when they arrive for impound. Each entrant provided tech information on their car and should be readily available to tech (since it does say TECH on the form). No need to look anything up, unless you are trying to catch the entrant in fraudulent entry.

Why take a step backwards when the good use of technology, especially where we have roll on roll off scales, could do away with tech personnel at the scale. Before someone jumps in and says "you can't do that", I did it with weigh in motion scales 30 years ago. <edit: Crap, that was over 40 years ago. I've been retired 10 years.>

James Rogerson
HP #66, etc.
up too late :D

Merry Christmas and Happy Racing in the New Year.

"We" usually have the top three in each class by radio from control before the first car finishes the cool down lap. The tech sheets are in the binder by race group and car number. It does not take the scale operator that long to flip the pages to get the weight from the tech sheet.

A three ring binder and hand written tech sheets are too high tech for some of those who work tech, a smart phone would send them right over the edge.

As a tech worker I do not see the need for this rule.

Back