2015 Runoffs - Daytona!

Dayle Frame":15bxsflg said:
Does DIS have a golf cart, team support vehicle policy like RA did? I can't find anything about this. I have a golf cart and didn't want to pay a zillion bucks for the privilege of taking I to the dance. Anybody have any guidance on this?

Dayle

From an email sent to me from SCCA upon entering the event:

"Pit Vehicle Passes: Privately owned pit vehicles and golf carts transporting passengers around the facility must obtain a pit pass permit and affix it to the golf cart. These can be obtained at the Registration building and will be available at no charge to registered participants only."

SWEET!

Dayle

Dayle Frame":3qi6n4bt said:
From an email sent to me from SCCA upon entering the event:

"Pit Vehicle Passes: Privately owned pit vehicles and golf carts transporting passengers around the facility must obtain a pit pass permit and affix it to the golf cart. These can be obtained at the Registration building and will be available at no charge to registered participants only."
That stuck out to me too - nice!

I'm spot 181-182, somehow ending up right next to Albin and behind Dayle. Eric was over there too for a minute, but then must've been like "Uhh....I wonder what else is available..." :lol:

Mazda reserved 45 spots, which I estimate at ~84,000 square feet and ~$10,000. Damn.

That was almost too easy! 8)
Thanks to Erik and whoever else was involved with getting that set up and for the seamless process. Also, thanks Erik for the tip yesterday about getting as much info in my profile as possible. I had not done that.

I got some Lakefront, I tried it when we were there back in May and enjoyed it, so did my wife. :lol:

Not sure how many people have seen or read it but for those that are in the paved Geico area we've been asked to try and keep the pavement as clean as possible. Our Paddock Marshal (Charlie Leonard) had tarps under his cars in May and asked that we do the same. Cheap Harbor freight ones work great for this. :wink:

Kudos to whoever set up the registation gizmo! Easiest one I have ever done. Really neat to not being raped to ride my Ruckus too. Dog Bentley will be happy with electricity, grass and one block off the waterfront (my best guess near a restroom also I hope!)spaces 84/85 White. Like Kevin, if I can't figure what is happening in 4 qualifying sessions, I shouldn't even be there! The HP race will be a real hoot I bet.

EPrill":1dejh2ml said:
Mazda Jon":1dejh2ml said:
My guess, it will be on the banner next to the Solo II link.
What's Solo II?

Ok, ok, ok, so I'm dating myself.

That was pretty easy, I think I was done in about 3 minutes. (keep your comments to yourself....)

My only problem is the parking. Not sure how 1 guy can reserve 12 spots on the lake, 711-722 and his name isn't registered.

Prep shops. That part I understand. If a guy is hauling multiple customer cars, there needs to some mechanism where he can reserve a big enough space to accomdate them all.

I was frustrated that the whole blue paddock was taken before reg opens, but conversely, 1700 garages aren't going to work for a 4 or 5 car guy, unless they are all Scott tucker.

Credit where it is due, it was an easy process.

Link should have been up the day before, but not active. That would have eliminated some stress, and let you test out the page update before it went live.

Sam Moore":2atho8la said:
Dog Bentley will be happy with electricity, grass and one block off the waterfront (my best guess near a restroom also I hope!)spaces 84/85 White.
Yup, my dog Jordy will also be real happy with the grass on the backside of our spot, the big grass area directly across from it, and the walk along the waterfront. Also, you're correct, that building right next to where you're at has pretty nice bathrooms in it; the entrance will be around the other side of the building form your spot.

Glad to see you folks aren't having any huge problems. Please remember... this is a first for us to have full use of the Daytona facilities. We're thinking we have all the bases covered but you have to know that some glitches are going to come up as we get you into the facility. We're going to bust hump to keep it smooth and try to insure you have a great time. If you have questions please get them to me as soon as you can. Also, we are working with Dayle on the Prod party.

Bob
Asst. Paddock Marshal

Was looking at Runoffs entries, and I was pleased with not just our numbers thus far, but also our variety:

EP - 26 entries, made up of 16 different spec lines
FP - 23 entries, made up of 14 different spec lines (oddly, 10 Miata's and 13 other unique entries)
HP - 21 entries, made up of 11-13 different spec lines (depending on what the Spitfire's and X1/9's are running)

Not many categories will rival that much variety across their fields, and when we get to Mid-Ohio and more of the roadsters come out, it'll be even better.

I was looking through the track rules and found they don't allow metal flag poles. Not sure if this is something they will enforce, but as a flag flyer I need to find an alternative material.

Anyone know where sound will be at Daytona? Couldn't find the location in sups.

From the map I have, it looks like the inside (Lake Lloyd side) of turn 4.

Andie Albin
Over The Limit Racing

Back