2015 Runoffs - Daytona!

kruck

The schedule was released this past Friday afternoon, so figured it was time to get a thread going. Happy to see all four days leading up to the races are qualifying, so you get four sessions and 110 minutes of track time to figure it out and get a good one. Spec Miata's under the lights on Friday night, with Mazda footing the bill (which I'm sure wasn't cheap!)! Been to Daytona a bunch of times, but never to race myself - can't wait!

Registration opens July 22nd at 9am (CDT), and entry is $775.

Here's the current "Prod-centric" schedule, and I'll go ahead and suggest Tuesday night right now for the Prod Party!
Monday - 9:20-9:50 EP/GTL & 3:50-4:15 FP/HP
Tuesday - 11:20-11:50 FP/HP & 3:15-3:40 EP/GTL
Wednesday - 12:00-12:30 EP/GTL & 2:05-2:30 FP/HP
Thursday - 8:40-9:10 FP/HP & 5:00-5:25 EP/GTL
Friday - HP Race at 1:30
Saturday - FP Race at 1:55 & GTL race at 4:40
Sunday - EP Race at 1:55

Complete Schedule: http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/ass ... edule4.pdf
Complete Supps: http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/ass ... 042015.pdf

Lot's of drivers heading to Daytona this weekend for some early testing. The total entry right now is at 429 cars. I'm guessing this will be the smallest race of the three scheduled there for SCCA this year.

Come by tech and say hello.

FP Racer":293nwp8v said:
Lot's of drivers heading to Daytona this weekend for some early testing. The total entry right now is at 429 cars. I'm guessing this will be the smallest race of the three scheduled there for SCCA this year.

Come by tech and say hello.

Could be a record year for the Runoffs. 8)

Just a hello from inside Daytona International Speedway where we are parked across from Lake Lloyd watching the moon come up over the back straight away. The paddock folks have been busy and over 150 rigs are already parked for the test day tomorrow. Weather is going to be great all weekend. Entry now looks like close to 450. Toni & I visited the beach today. A little windy but lots of sights to see.

I just looked for SCCA events this weekend and only the three Majors and a Mazda Cup at Laguna Seca appear on the list. So it seems like it's not.

Dayle

kruck":1asq9cqz said:
Registration opens July 22nd at 9am (CDT), and entry is $775.
You payin' attention?! :wink:

kruck":1asq9cqz said:
Here's the current "Prod-centric" schedule, and I'll go ahead and suggest Tuesday night right now for the Prod Party!
The schedule hasn't changed at all since it was first released many months ago, and I still think Tuesday looks like the best night for the Prod party. Monday night could work pretty well too, but I keep waiting for news to come out about a big welcome/start of the event party that night, like there always was at Road America.

Really looking forward to this!

Anybody know where the registration web site will be? I will be on the road tomorrow and don't want to have to spend time finding it.

Frogeye":24ykpwv6 said:
Anybody know where the registration web site will be? I will be on the road tomorrow and don't want to have to spend time finding it.

You and me both, there's no place to really put your car information in. Will the MotorsportsReg info be imported (I assume not)? Anyway, inquiring minds want to know!

Here's the best way to prepare for Registration.

1. Make sure you're logged in to scca.com and that it's your official SCCA account. You'll know it is when you click on your profile and it has your member # next to your name.

There was an email sent about a month ago to everybody with a license to make sure you could get in. If you did that, you're all set. If not, go to log-in. It's the same login information as the old SCCA site. Current email on file, with the password from the old site. If you can't get in with that, do not try to create a new account. It won't be associated with your membership account, which has your license attached to it, which is required to register. If you don't know your login, send me an email ([email protected]) and we'll get you squared away asap in the morning.

2. Once you're logged in, click on the arrow next to your name in the upper right hand corner and go to "Profile". You can then select "Vehicles" and add your car there. Add as much stuff as possible ahead of time, which will cut down on the time in the registration process. You will need to add a few other items for the Runoffs event, but everything you populate ahead of time will transfer.

I've run through the process a number of times in testing and I find it pretty simple, but then again, I've done it a number of times. One page will have you select your car info, your class, car #, crew, entrant, etc. as well as your test days if you want them. Next step is paddock/garage reservation if you want that and then finally to your checkout cart.

Does DIS have a golf cart, team support vehicle policy like RA did? I can't find anything about this. I have a golf cart and didn't want to pay a zillion bucks for the privilege of taking I to the dance. Anybody have any guidance on this?

Dayle

Where is the link to registration?

It does not show up, even in your profile under the event registration link.

Lot's of track night.....

And of course, the day the highest profile event in the club opens, there is no body at the club office to answer questions. Yes, it is 7:51, and the office opens at "9", but today, really?

Mazda Jon":1nnapi72 said:
The event isn't open yet so I would expect the link to show up at 9:00AM Central time.
That would be the logical expectation.

Settle down Scott, everything will be fine. Maybe try some decaff... :mrgreen:

Back