2010 Prod Fest

Do you plan on being at the 2010 Prod Fest?

• E-Production

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F-Production

• H-Production

• GTLite

• Total voters
Russ Myers":2sotlsmc said:
I've gone back to playing with an IT car because of the money, but can I still come to the party???

Russ
Former HP Fiesta.
(its still in the garage waiting on vast amounts of capitol.)

Depends on how much liqour you bring to bribe the organizers... :mrgreen:

MC

Remember, mark, I'm a tee totaler. I had to fight many years before CCR would provide sodas at the Saturday beer party.
Russ

Russ Myers":6atmmtb9 said:
Remember, mark, I'm a tee totaler. I had to fight many years before CCR would provide sodas at the Saturday beer party.
Russ

Barrie can be bribed with cake... :wink:

MC

LAST CALL FOR 2010 PROD FEST T-SHIRTS!!!

Just sending out a notice that this is the last call for pre-ordering 2010 Prod Fest t-shirts. I have to put the order in tomorrow.

If you have not ordered yet and would like one, please let Mark or me know today. Those of you who have already ordered - thank you!!

This year, we have short sleeve ($17) and long sleeve ($20). Both will be in tan/sand and will have this design on the back (thanks to Joe Camilleri!). I will have a few extra shirts at the track, but to guarantee your size, please pre-order.

Payment can be through PayPal (use Mark's email), a check to me or pay at the track. I can also ship. Once I know how many shirts and your zip code, I can tell you shipping cost.

Thanks to everyone - you guys are what make Prod Fest what it is - successful and FUN!
Barrie

p.s. Russ, Mark is right....I can be bribed with cake...or any baked goods for that matter. :D

Whoopie Pie Madness Production will begin shortly..... :D (and thanks to my mom for the use of her big freezer!!!)

believe me, I look forward to them too - not the making part, but the eating part!

Barrie

Just to get "in the mood", I had something that tasted like a Whoopie Pie in Minneapolis last week -- though it was a poor second to Barrie's secret recipe! Can't wait to have one of the "real thing".

Rick

I think you should all sign a petition for me to my wife "Mary" to let me get a car again. Tell her your sick of me complaining to the racing community about not having a car and your sick of hearing about it over and over again. Maybe a big card with lots of signatures? Just lines and lines of signatures. I did manage to get a little fix in August at Nelson Ledges in a borrowed car to keep my license. I got the "when would you find time to do that?" lecture last a week ago. I'm sure I could find time!

Have fun at the Fest. Take lots of pictures and send them my way. If I can play my cards right this winter, I'll be back down there in October 2011 with my new car.

Peter Morton":1dsqyq21 said:
What's the entry list looking like?

Don't know if I can make it but still thinking about it.

Peter
2 00 HP CHURCH-KEITH GREENSBORO NC 055 Nat COROLLA RED 281381_1
2 03 HP UNGER-MICHAEL GLOUCESTER POINT VA 042 Nat 510 R W B 187754_0
2 05 HP ARMSTRONG-ROY NORFOLK VA 063 Reg 510 BLUE 336460_0
2 10 FP LYLE-ROE KNOXVILLE TN 068 Reg 1600 BLUE 142147_0
2 14 FP COFFIN-MARK MILLS RIVER NC 055 Nat SCIROCCO BL WH 219998_0
2 17 EP MOORE-SAM KANNAPOLIS NC 061 Nat Z3 BLUE 101401_0
2 18 EP COOKE-DWIGHT GREENSBORO NC 055 Nat TR4 YELLOW 047361_0
2 31 HP COFFIN-BOB DOBSON NC 055 Nat SCIROCCO ORANGE 060530_0
2 33 FP CHANEY-LES EDEN NC 061 Nat 142E GREEN 135368_0
2 38 FP FOSTER-BILL GREENSBORO NC 055 Nat SPRITE RED 172356_0
2 41 HP CANFIELD-RANDY GAITHERSBURG MD 042 Nat SPRITE BLUE 002470_0
2 43 EP REILLY-JIM CORAM NY 005 Nat HEALEY BLACK 105882_1
2 46 HP KRAUSS-JOHANNES PRATTSVILLE NY 023 Nat SCIROCCO BLUE 009091_0
2 50 EP CARTER-RANDY FOREST VA 055 Nat 7 AMERICA YELLOW 286167_0
2 50 EP SMITH-DAVID FORT LAUDERDALE FL 011 Nat RX7 BLACK 223842_0
2 53 FP DOWNER-JOSEPH CHARLOTTE NC 061 Nat MIDGET BLACK 323333_0
2 55 EP LEIGH-KEVIN HARRISONBURG VA 055 Nat 7 GR YEL 258602_0
2 55 EP ETCHELLS-JAMES WENDELL NC 055 Reg MIATA BLUE 402641_0
2 60 GTL LENTZ II-ROBERT CHANTILLY VA 042 Nat SENTRA YELLOW 220721_0
2 65 GTL YOUNG-DREW LOUDON NH 022 Nat PL510 ORANGE 147496_0
2 74 FP PERKINS-BARRY LENOIR CITY TN 091 Nat B WHITE 068333_0
2 77 HP HUNTER-BILL MONTPELIER VA 042 Nat CRX B P T 150705_0
2 83 HP HEINRITZ-TED KING OF PRUSSIA PA 031 Nat FIESTA YELLOW 323664_0
2 86 GTL PATTEN-DAVE DUNBARTON NH 022 Nat 1200 ORG YE 134508_0
2 87 EP LOWREY-SCOTT NORTH POTOMAC MD 042 Reg 325IS BLACK 327018_0
2 89 FP CAMPBELL-TOM SARATOGA SPRINGS NY 065 Nat MIATA WHITE 052194_0
2 94 FP WEEDON-MICHAEL GLEN ALLEN VA 085 Nat CRX ORANGE 257082_0

Results are up!!!

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1738797

Thanks to all 45 entrants who showed up with their cars this weekend. This was one of the BEST Prod Fests EVER!!! :bananahead:

Congrats to the winners:

EP - Sam Moore
FP- David Bryson (yes boys, he's BAAAACK!) the new car has been nicknamed "Blue Bayou"...
HP- Keith Church
GTL - Brian Downey...in Chris Fox's old GT car. Brian did the "missing man" formation on the pace lap behind the pace car in memory of Chris and pulled into the pits behind the pace car at the start. Rejoining the field at the back from pit lane, he stormed up through the field to take the win. We all think Chris was pushing him down the straights!!! An awesome gesture by Brian and a well deserved win. :applause:

The 2010 PLN Prod Fest Spirit award winner went to...................... AL GAST!!!! :banana: Al has been to every Prod Fest, and his awesome Datsun 2000 EP racecar has won the race twice (but was DQ'd for sound last year), and Al is such an awesome supporter of the Prod Fest. But most of all he's a really, really nice guy and loves racing. Well deserved choice in the mind of the Prod Fest committee. I think PLN would approve.

Big thanks to ALL the sponors, supporters, friends, competitors, and workers who made this happen. This is a Prod race put on for the sole benefit of making things FUN again at the track. The party was awesome and it was so great to see everyone together bench racing and getting reacquainted with old friends and making lots of new ones. The way racing used to be!

Plans are already underway for the 2011 Prod Fest race and the NC Region has approached me about perhaps having a 2nd race during the weekend for the Prod Fest group to help increase the track time and FUN FACTOR. I'll keep everyone posted as things develop.

What a way to finish out the 2010 racing season...WOOOOOOOT!!

Mark & Barrie

What a great weekend! This was my first ProdFest but won't be my last. VIR is an awesome place to race and maybe next time I won't spend so much time in the grass off turn 1 and have a little better finish! Congratulations to all winners and especially Sam Moore for the o/a win.
Thanks to all sponsors and donors for donating what looked like a never ending stream of door prizes and helping make the event even better.
A special thanks to Mark and Barrie Coffin. The hours they put into this event must be staggering. Already looking forward to 2011.

Joe Downer

jhd11":7535q77b said:
What a great weekend! This was my first ProdFest but won't be my last. VIR is an awesome place to race and maybe next time I won't spend so much time in the grass off turn 1 and have a little better finish! Congratulations to all winners and especially Sam Moore for the o/a win.
Thanks to all sponsors and donors for donating what looked like a never ending stream of door prizes and helping make the event even better.
A special thanks to Mark and Barrie Coffin. The hours they put into this event must be staggering. Already looking forward to 2011.

Joe Downer

Thanks, Joe. I'm glad you had such a great time! We've discovered that once we "hook" a new Prod Fest attendee, it's not too hard to get them to come back. :mrgreen:

M.

Should I be hoping for video from Greg & Sam? Half a second at the finish - I bet that was a great race!

How was the track? Lap times seem a bit off from the April double national. Dave getting into the low 2:12's in a brand new car is nice to see though. Congrats to all the winners!

kruck":17pmo9i5 said:
Should I be hoping for video from Greg & Sam? Half a second at the finish - I bet that was a great race!

How was the track? Lap times seem a bit off from the April double national. Dave getting into the low 2:12's in a brand new car is nice to see though. Congrats to all the winners!

Our race was 1st thing Sunday AM and a lot of the track was still in shade and hadn't come up to temp yet. Air was good for horsepower though.

I hope there is video from Greg & Sam (and Kevin Leigh too...there was something that happened there too) because there were parts of Greg's car scattered from turn 4 all the way to the top of the uphill esses... 88-o

M.

Rob":sn4kyeon said:
What are the classes WEP and WHP at the bottom of the results?

They "withdrew" from SARRC points for the event. That's one thing that we need to work on harder; we have a lot of "outsiders" and I wish there was a better way to get the word out to withdraw from the SARRC points for this event if you don't need/want them.

M.

Kudos to Barrie and Mark and David and others that helped them with the Prodfest. This event is always a very pleasant experience. The "Prod Party" at Marks is the best social event of the season and a perfect way to conclude a year of racing. Every year I get to renew old friendships and begin new ones at this event. It reminds me of what I enjoyed most about my early days of racing in the 80's, all that is missing is the camp fire, green xxxxamn (now replaced by Captain Morgan), guitar music, fire walking and incinerated lawn chairs (you had to be there).

Again, many thanks to Mark and Barrie. If I can be of assistance for next years event let me know what you need.

Thanks,
Keith Church

Back