2010 Prod Fest

Do you plan on being at the 2010 Prod Fest?

• E-Production

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F-Production

• H-Production

• GTLite

• Total voters

Mark Coffin

So, the 2009 Prod Fest is in the books. We will start planning for 2010, and if there are things we can do that will make it a better experience for you please let us know! The NC Region is very accomodating and I will start working with them to ensure we have our own run group again.

I would like any feedback relating to the following:

Race schedule: should we continue to race in the morning, or would you prefer an afternoon race?

Trophies: I think this year's trophies were unique, the watches seemed to be very well received. Should we repeat the Medal/Watches combo for 2010?

Prod Fest Party: Should we continue the Sausage/Peppers/Onions, burgers, hot dogs, whoopie pies?? :D Anything we can do with the party to make it better?

Giveaways: We will start early with our great sponsors to try and make sure everyone goes home with something. This year, EVERY entrant went home with some sort of goodie bag as a "thank you" for attending the Prod Fest.

Thanks again to all who came to the 2009 Prod Fest, we hope to see you again in 2010!!!

We plan to be there again in 2010. I VERY MUCH prefer morning, if it was up to me, would want to be either group 3 or 4. I'm good with the trophies and party (especially the whoopie pies :wink: - thanks Barrie).

Mike and I plan on being there in 2010. Mark, you, Barrie and others that I don't have names for do a fantastic job on the Prod Fest. I vote for morning races and the trophies and watches this year should be repeated next year. The Prod Fest gets better each year and we always look forward to it. Also congrats on your win.
Barrie, the whoppie pies were great and Shelia brought 2 home which we had with coffee for a late night snack the other night.

Mark,
I hope to make the Prod Fest in 2010. I have only heard and read great things about the event. Plan on experiencing it for myself next year! Thanks for all your (and others) hard work.

Joe Downer

Mark - Dave and I will be there next year in FP. Getting our licenses back. New Europa. Engine and chassis done. Thanks for the continuing efforts on the ProdFest. We will be happy to sponsor again next year.

Larry Savage

I am going to do everything in my power to be there next October. I've only made one and it was a blast! Trying to get a new prod car under my butt. Of course donations are welcome toward getting it!

Trying my best to have the GT-L car done and from what I can see the "Prod Fest" (It's officially the Goblins Go or something like that isn't it) would be a must do event.

Mark-
Thanks for all your hard work on this, we really appreciate it!
The sausage and peppers and whoopie pies get a big thumbs up from us!!!
Best regards,
The Mitchells

Mark -- As far as I'm concerned, don't change a thing. The Prod Fest is a very unique event and it worked extremely well. I think we are all aware that without the efforts of you and Barrie and others this would likely not happen with such smoothness and complete lack of complaints. It makes an excellent finish to the racing season. I am pretty much echoing the sentiments of others, but I will say that the wrist watch was the only one I have received as a race trophy for decades since one of the early Runoffs. The trophies and even grab bags are certainly lavish. I, too favor a morning race as we had again.

Congratulations on your win and on making the weekend memorable for a good many Prod pushers.

Randy

I'll also throw in my thanks for all the hard work that goes into making Prod Fest an enjoyable event. It's always a blast and I'm planning to return again next year. Maybe I'll even have a set of rain tires by then.

I agree with having a morning race. It just makes for an easier day.

The schedule is perfect, the sunday race before lunch, is nice for anybody that has a long drive home. I don't normally tow this far for a race, but it's worth the extra distance for this event.
The saterday schedule is great, and the party is always fun.

Still hard to believe how many Prod cars show up. How manys times has it rained on saterday? But some how the weather clears up for the party.

Mark and Barrie- thanks for bringing us all together for a great event.

Yes I plan on being there again next year. H-Prod.

TED HEINRITZ":33ksmpx7 said:
The schedule is perfect, the sunday race before lunch, is nice for anybody that has a long drive home. I don't normally tow this far for a race, but it's worth the extra distance for this event.
The saterday schedule is great, and the party is always fun.

Still hard to believe how many Prod cars show up. How manys times has it rained on saterday? But some how the weather clears up for the party.

Mark and Barrie- thanks for bringing us all together for a great event.

Yes I plan on being there again next year. H-Prod.

Hi Ted,

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad that you and so many others have a great time at the Prod Fest. And yes, we've noticed that it has rained on Saturday in the past but always seems to clear up for the party. And the weather on Sundays has been awesome!!!

See everyone in 2010!!

MC

This is Barrie with my annual shameless plug for buying Prod Fest items on our website at http://www.cafepress.com/prodfest

I'm SO late in getting this posted (normally, I would have it ready for all your holiday shopping!!!). But, we now have the 2009 Prod Fest logo on some of our Cafe Press items. There are also plenty of items with the regular Prod Fest logo.

We can also do personalized items. We can put your graphic/photo on virtually any of the shop items. If you want a personalized item, just shoot Mark or me an email and we can fix you up (non-personalized items can be purchased directly online). My email is: barrie2 (at) bellsouth (dot) net

ALL PROFITS FROM THE SALE OF THESE ITEMS GOES DIRECTLY TO NEXT YEAR'S PROD FEST COSTS.

The more money we make during the year, the less begging we have to do next fall. :)

So please help support Prod Fest and do some shopping! All items are shipped directly to you.

http://www.cafepress.com/prodfest

Thanks!
Barrie & Mark

Here's Mr. January with his Smoking Loon award!

425373945v19_350x350_January.jpg

Check out the other months!!

I plan on coming down from New Hampshire this year with my GTL car. Drew Young will also be there with his GTL Datsun 510.

I told my wife Denise I was planning to go and the date of the Prod Fest. She said, "So we'll be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary at the track?" almost laughing because of the number of years we had celebrated our anniversary "at the track".

We set our wedding date for late October, to be after the New England race season had ended. The year we got married NER scheduled a one day Regional race in October. It was part of the first Racing Against Leukemia weekend which became an annual October event for many years to follow. That RAL Regional race was on the Sunday after our wedding. Drew Young was one of my ushers and "drove" in that first RAL race. Ask him how the race went for him when you see him Saturday night of the Prod Fest.

I wished I could have been at the track just to see Drew and other wedding attendees arrive. I'm sure "pretty" wasn't used to describe it!

It's on my calendar! I hope to be there with my GTL Mini friends Ted Phenix and Chris Kopley. Who needs the Runoffs?

Back