2010 Prod Fest

Do you plan on being at the 2010 Prod Fest?

• E-Production

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F-Production

• H-Production

• GTLite

• Total voters
Mark Coffin":3d44isz4 said:
Rob":3d44isz4 said:
What are the classes WEP and WHP at the bottom of the results?

They "withdrew" from SARRC points for the event. That's one thing that we need to work on harder; we have a lot of "outsiders" and I wish there was a better way to get the word out to withdraw from the SARRC points for this event if you don't need/want them.

M.

Perhaps there would be a way to put a line in the Supps that says if you are intending to score points toward SARRC Championship that you have to register specifically for it by checking this box, or something similar. That way people from out of Division that have no dog in the fight wouldn't have to do anything, those that car about those points would know that they need to. Just a thought.

By the way, I had intended to attend as a GTL car but I am still not quite done with the car. I suspect that next year I will be there.

The SARRC rules are specific about the way a points waiver must be completed.

Best way is to have waivers available at Registration or tech.

The Supps can not alter the SARRC rules.

Tom and I were glad that we were finally able to make it down for a ProdFest. Two more folks drinking the kool-aid...I don't see how we can ever miss it again! Thanks Mark & Barrie for all your hard work. Kudos to the weather steward, too, whoever that was!

I think in past years they had some sort of points waiver form at registration, don't think the registration had anything this year. In my case I don't think it would have mattered....

Next time we might want to post what time the party starts, since a few missed out on the fun awards.

Can we post the party awards....

Mark and Barrie Thanks again for getting us all together for a great event, for making the T-shirts and the party.

TED HEINRITZ":av3y9an7 said:
I think in past years they had some sort of points waiver form at registration, don't think the registration had anything this year. In my case I don't think it would have mattered....

Next time we might want to post what time the party starts, since a few missed out on the fun awards.

Can we post the party awards....

Mark and Barrie Thanks again for getting us all together for a great event, for making the T-shirts and the party.

Ted, I'm sorry we didn't publish a start time for the party. Barrie and I hope that by starting the party at the end of the afternoon-ish, there won't be a mad rush for the grill workers.

But certainly we can announce when the "festivities", including the fun awards will begin!

This year we gave out the following "fun" awards:

Hard Luck Award - a Crown Royal gift box donated by Chuck Brooks (thanks again Chuck!) - to Les Chaney. Les broke his motor on test day so he didn't even get to participate in Prod Fest.

The "Tin Top" award - a bottle of nice red wine - to Bobby Lentz for his awesome qualifying result in his GTLite Nissan.

"Smoking Loon" - a bottle of Smoking Loon wine- to Bob Coffin for smoking pretty good during qualifying! I followed him during qualifying and there was a pretty good coating of oil AND gear oil on my windshield afterwards. :twisted:

"Worlds Largest roll of Paper Towels" - donated by Roe Lyle (thanks Roe) - given to Mike Weedon so he could go soak up all the oil he put down in Roller Coaster during morning practice. :lol:

"Oldest car at the Prod Fest" - nice bottle of wine donated by Gregg Crandall (thanks Gregg) - split between Bob Toler, Dick May, and Frank Jones who all had 1959 Sprites at the Prod Fest. We were going to compare VINs but apparently those cars didn't come with any!!! :hand:

Thanks!

Mark

Mark

Thanks for putting the Prod Festival together. It was a great event at a great track. I am glad that I was able to participate. I plan on racing at VIR again.

Charlie Gerando, Orange VW Golf 95 HP and I also raced in the enduros in ITB. Got 3 in both. He also had a great time and plans to be back. I also want to thank Tom Broring for helping us change the transmission in the Golf after the Prod qualifying session and getting to the grid for the Saturday enduro.

Thank to all :applause:

Johannes Krauss
VW Scirocco HP 46

Mark,

Even though it is a killer drive for me to make the Prod Fest it is always worth it! If not just for the whoopee pies for the great racing and common interest with our fellow racers.

Just wanted to let you know I had a great time and I am definitely going to try and get more Northern Folk to come and enjoy a bit of the Southern Hospitality next year.

Thanks for putting on such a great event.

Peter

Just a quick note to say that the 2011 Prod Fest calendar is now up for sale via our shop at CafePress. Only $19.99. It is on nice quality stock.

http://www.cafepress.com/prodfest

Click on the section that has calendars and then click on "2011 Prod Fest Calendar". Once at the calendar, click "next" and you should be able to see all the pictures.

Be sure to shop our other items while you're there! CafePress has great customer service and quick shipping. We have a Prod Fest mug we got years ago and even though it's in the microwave and dishwasher WEEKLY, it still looks perfect.

A HUGE THANK YOU to F and S Enterprises (http://www.fandsenterprises.com), Mark Boudoucies, Michael Dodd, Patricia Tantum, and Tom Kaczmarek for use of their awesome photos. :applause:

Back