WMR "Majors at MIS" on 8/21-8/23

Whether two groups get 20 or not, we will set the final schedule on 6/30 (see the supps) which is 8 weeks before the event.

I thought of the "enter and bail" thing too. So we'll keep accurate records of who drops out. If it becomes endemic.....we can always have a chat with them (online) and their colleagues (at the track). Since I make the schedule, nothing stops me from making the offending group DFL a couple of times. But I play fair and I'm assuming others will too (could be pollyanna). But justice will be swift and harsh for those who screw with the system. Nothing says we can't shuffle things based on withdraws too. The SCS and CSOM have final say and we've discussed this already.

Dayle

" Everybody wants the two slots just before lunch"

I'd like to make it to this track. When GT loses this 'election' please put us in one of the first groups which to me are superior to the two slots before lunch! :)

To be fair I really don't care which run group. I burn 2-3 vacation days anyways and eat when I eat. My preference would be nothing between 8 and 9 am to recover my hangover

mlewis":1hltyaq2 said:
" Everybody wants the two slots just before lunch"

I'd like to make it to this track. When GT loses this 'election' please put us in one of the first groups which to me are superior to the two slots before lunch! :)

Michael......I'll make you a deal......you sign up (and show up) and I'll make you and your colleagues first. In 2013, the fastest car was a T1 Camaro that hit 188.....I challenge thee to come and CRUSH that top speed. That shaguar of yours certainly has the capability. That 5500' straight is calling your name, sir!

Dayle

deal.. make us group #2. I will sign up because as you know I have wanted to do this track for a couple years. I won't know how august looks till july but right now that weekends open. I do find it hard to believe a T1 Camaro hit 188 mph? I know T1's are quick but that's a ton of MPH that even GT1 cars rarely see! I will bring the tall gearing for sure. Appreciate the passion and diligence you bring to the job Dayle.

M

C'mon prod/GTL folks....we trail SRF/SRF3 (11) and SM (11) with 10 entries. If you know you'd like to come to this event, sign up now and pay for it later. Get in early as we're about to make a marketing and promotion blitz nationwide.

Currently we have 48 entries.....for an AUGUST race. We had NO idea this would be such a big deal. We have had to discuss capping the field should entries keep on this pace. They probably won't but we still need to be prepared for that scenario. Keep in mind that we are only allowed to have 55 cars per race group as this is a 2 mile track.

In addition, 34 (78% of entrants) have already signed up for the test day. If it continues at this pace, we may have to cap test day entries as there's only so many cars we can put on track.

20% of the garages and RV spaces are spoken for. Sign up soon to insure you get the paddock option you want.

wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com

Contact me if you have any questions ([email protected]).

Dayle

Its the beginning of a new month so I thought I'd update the thread about this event.

In the race to assign the best time slots in the schedule, we have a three way tie. SM, SRF/SRF3 and Prod/GTL all have 11 entries. We have 51 entries from 47 drivers. We've sold 40% of the garages and 30% of the RV spaces. So enter as soon as possible to insure you get the best scheduling available and the paddock / garage / RV space you need.

Remember, you can enter now and pay later for this event. We will NOT charge your credit card until 8/14 for this event. Also, the entry fee goes up $50 after 6/30.

MIS's straight is 5500' long. Most likely, you will not have seen speeds like this before. You can dial in your Daytona setup at this event. No other Major has a banked track so similar to Daytona.

Dayle

C'mon Prod/GTL folks....we're tied for second in the battle for the best schedule slot. SRF/SRF# = 14, SM = 11, Prod/GTL = 11. Lets work together to keep the SM untermensche where they belong....in our mirrors! We're four classes......we ought to be able to come up with more entries than those cats. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor....NO.....it's not over until WE say it's over....who's with me!!!!

Where's Gauper, Loughman, Albright(s), Halkias, Workman, Bunt, Stine, Kelly/Gagliardi, Hannagan, Sargis, Bovis, Clark, Morton, Sturm, Walker(s), Socha?

Garages, RV slots and paved paddock spots are going fast. Remember.....enter now, pay later (8/14)!

Let me know if you have any questions ([email protected])

Dayle

As it's the beginning of April, I thought I'd update the thread and give it a bump.

Registration has been open a couple of months and we're seeing trends that warrant your attention. There are several reasons to sign up now….delaying may effect a variety of factors for your weekend.

=>In the run to gain the best slots in the schedule, SRF/SRF3 has 15, SM has 13 and Prod/GTL has 11. Big Bore (GT1, AS, etc.) has nine and DOT (STU, STL, etc.) has eight. Remember, the first two class groupings with 20 entries get to be the third and fourth run groups. Not first out of the chute and done before lunch….sleep in and go home early.

=>50% of the paved paddock spots, 40% of the garages and 30% of the RV spaces are already spoken for. Sign up now to get the parking option you want.

=>The "Early Bird" discount expires on 6/30 so make sure to enter before that date. It's $475 now and will increase to $525. Don't forget, we don't charge your credit cards until 8/14. Enter now, pay later.

So sign up ASAP to ensure you get the discounted price, garage or paddock spot you want and help your run group get a better time slot in the schedule.

Link for registration: http://wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com/

As always, email me ([email protected]) if you have any questions.

Dayle

A quick update on this event.......

Only a few entries in the last couple of weeks but our race season has started up here and things will start to move faster in the next few weeks. A couple of dates to be aware of.....

6/30 is when the "Early Bird" discount expires for the entry fee. Right now its $475. On 7/1 it will go up to $525.
8/7 is the deadline for entering the race to be eligible for a free entry. You MUST enter via MSR to be eligible (no hand processed entries).
8/14 is when we run credit cards so enter now, pay later. Send a check to avoid the credit card fee ($25)

In the battle amongst race groups to get the best time slots, we have the following data:

SRF/SRF3 = 16
SM = 14
Prod = 11, Big Bore = 11
DOT = 9
Small F = 5
Wings & Things = 5

50% of the paved paddock spots, 40% of the garages and 30% of the RV spaces are already spoken for. Sign up now to get the parking option you want.

So sign up ASAP to ensure you get the discounted price, garage or paddock spot you want and help your run group get a better time slot in the schedule.

Link for registration: http://wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com/

As always, email me ([email protected]) if you have any questions.

Dayle Frame (259138)
Race Co-Chair, WMR Asst RE, Competition Manager

Bump.....

Another quick update on this event. 6/30 is rapidly approaching and that's the date when our "Early Bird" discounted, entry fee window will close. Sign up on MSR (see link below) before 11:59p on 6/30 and your entry fee will be $475. After that it's $525. Remember, we're using the 'deferred payment' option in MSR this year (and from now on). That means you can enter now and we won't charge your credit card until 8/14. Send us a check before 8/14 and you'll save the $25 credit card fee.

www.wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com

40% of the garages, 30% of the RV spots and 50% of the paved paddock spots are already spoken for.....sign up now to insure you get the paddock options you want.

One last thing......no race group has crossed the 20 entry threshold to claim the coveted 3rd spot in the schedule. SRF/SRF3 leads the way with 19, SM is next at 14 and heavy metal is next with 13. C'mon folks.....there's still time to bump up those entries and snag the best time slot in the schedule. If not group gets to 20 by 6/30, I'll make up the schedule on my own. Please save me the hassle and sign up now.

Contact me if you have any questions.

Dayle

Bump.....

A couple of things to reiterate:

1. There are only a few days left in the "early bird" discounted pricing for the event. On or before 6/30 the price is $475. After that it goes up $50 to $525. Go to wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com to register.

2. Two, the schedule has been set for the weekend. The race groups are now assigned to positions in the schedule. As of few days ago, SRF/SRF3 had claimed the much sought after 3rd position in the schedule. So here are the assignments:

1. FA, FB, FC, FE, FM, P1, P2
2. AS, GT1, GT2, GT3, T1
3. SRF/SRF3
4. SM
5. EP, FP, HP, GTL
6. BSec, STL, STU, T2, T3, T4
7. F5, FF, FV

3. As I have mentioned before, we will not bill you credit cards until 8/14. if you send us a check before then, not only will your card NOT be billed, you'll save the $25 credit card fee.

4. Anyone signing up before 8/7 will be eligible for a free entry ($475).

5. This is the last NorCon Major of the season and will have a banquet and awards ceremony. Folks who know WMR know that our caterer is THE BEST. We paid MIS extra for the privilege of allowing us to bring in our own caterer. You will not be disappointed. We know how to put on a good spread Saturday night.....and it's free with your entry.

6. Last, but not least, this is the ONLY track that mimics Daytona so use the weekend to dial in your car for the Runoffs. We have a Friday test day available and spots are filling up fast.

We're really looking forward to having a great weekend with awesome speed, unbelievable food and great fields with a lot of competition. So sign up soon and join the fun.

Dayle

Bump.....

Well the last conference Majors race before our event (Cat National at RA) has occurred so there's no excuse for not entering this one now. The "early bird" $50 price break window has closed so the entry fee is $525 (pay by check and save the $25 credit card fee). But act quickly as we have had 70% of our paved paddock spots, 40% of our garages and 40% of our RV spaces reserved already. With all the various paddock options available, we have some permutation of parking that will serve your needs. In addition, the deadline for eligibility for the free entry drawing is 8/7.

WMR works very hard at putting on a great event for our customers (drivers and workers) and folks who have attended out events know it. We put on the best Saturday night dinner you'll ever have. Come on out and see for yourself and you will not be dissappointed.

Use the link below to enter the event and please do not hesitate to contact me ([email protected]) with any questions you may have.

http://wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com/

Dayle Frame (259138)
Race Co-Chair, WMR Asst RE, Competition Manager

Bump....

Deadline for the for entering to be eligible for the free entry for this event is tomorrow (8/7 at 11:59p).

There are only six (6) paved spaces left that aren't for semi sized rigs. Sign up soon or you'll be on the grass or ground asphalt (the stuff that gets peeled up before a road gets paved). You've been warned. :evil:

We still have a couple dozen RV spots and a hand full of garages available.

Dayle

Bump.....

If you're running at PIRC this weekend and are not sure about whether you'd like to run MIS the following weekend, enter the MIS event before MSR online registration closes tomorrow. If you need to withdraw, we will waive the late withdraw fee. We'd rather you enter now and withdraw later than vice versa (and incur a late registration penalty).

wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com

Dayle

Looks like lap times were a whole lot faster than the last time SCCA ran there (May 2013). So was it the curbing, or was the field of cones that makes up the transition back onto the oval set up to be a lot more open/faster?

We designed a different entry into the oval. Instead of a right, left button hook, we have a left, right, left chicane. It's was tight.....but a hundred years shorter than 2013. We'll make a subtle adjustment to T8 next year.

Dayle

Dayle Frame":2d62ovub said:
We designed a different entry into the oval. Instead of a right, left button hook, we have a left, right, left chicane. It's was tight.....but a hundred years shorter than 2013. We'll make a subtle adjust Kent to T8 next year.

Dayle

I didn't like it so I adjusted it myself yesterday. Video to follow :oops:

ERVRCG":1rnslv1d said:
Dayle Frame":1rnslv1d said:
We designed a different entry into the oval. Instead of a right, left button hook, we have a left, right, left chicane. It's was tight.....but a hundred years shorter than 2013. We'll make a subtle adjust Kent to T8 next year.

Dayle

I didn't like it so I adjusted it myself yesterday. Video to follow :oops:

As promised....https://youtu.be/wzBhaF9pC5E

Back