Texas World Speedway, May 22-24

Matt93SE said:
A few clarifications to Jon's post..
On Sat's first lap, Buskuhl and Pineder both spun in T4 both in front and behind me. Kinda cool to replay the video and see two black RXs slowly pirouetting in both my windshield and mirror... /quote]

Jon, did you get any video on that? I swear the inside of turn 4 was like ice. Thanks to all that avoided me so well!

Congrats to all the podium finishers. I'm finally starting to figure out how to drive the RX-8. Sad thing is it makes weight without the driver in the car. Tech got a kick out of that.

The track is quite old and the asphalt polished. The dry line is not far from ice when it gets wet. There was a reason I was taking such a high line and letting all those ambitious folk try the dry line and go around me. ;)

I didn't have my rear facing camera working during the race, but here's what I saw from the front.. Watch my right side mirror just after Mark spins. :)
http://youtu.be/CpRXzn1yqes

Matt, thanks for posting that. I know Jon just about came to a stop with others behind me. The entire field was driving like it was dry :shock:

Back