Pueblo Majors

Yup, I got that, same thing. Although Maramoto should be a T3 car, not a T1 car so the lone big bore GT3 car is the only one that needs to move.

I'm more upset with not being able to get in until 5 PM.

Mazda Jon":kyiu2b8i said:
Yup, I got that, same thing. Although Maramoto should be a T3 car, not a T1 car so the lone big bore GT3 car is the only one that needs to move.
Not so fast. Patterson just sent another email saying that Maramoto doesn't want to run in the SM/STL/T group, and wants to be in our group, despite yes basically being a T3 car with less weight. But if he comes into our group, that means any additional T1 cars that come along later and sign up will, they'll too end up in our group. And hey, look at that, Pettiford signed up in T1 in the past couple of hours. Me personally, I guess I don't care. If they have to be moved somewhere (a 3 car run group is dumb), having T1 cars with Prod cars makes more sense to me than T1 cars with SM and T4 cars. Pettiford and the GT3 car should easily be ahead of any Prod car. Maramoto is the only one I worry about maybe getting into the middle of the Prod races, but I honestly have no idea what kind of pace he runs.

Be careful about thinking T1 cars are OK in a Prod group. I have run in a group with T1 cars many times and had more problems with some of them than I ever had with GT 1 cars. The problem with T1 is they are fast on the straight but not as fast in the corners as a quick Prod car. Most of them know it but a few don't. I have been almost taken out several times by an over aggressive T1 Corvette in a corner that could not wait until it could pass under power instead of trying to out brake me. I kind of got used to it and figured out how to stay out of the way as it over cooked a corner and went straight off.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a T1 hater I love to watch them race. They just don't belong in a Prod group. Cal Club finally found a way to keep them separate. I guess they got enough complaints, probably from both sides.

First, the Z car in T1 is really a T3 car. He doesn't want to add the reward weight so he's running it in T1. I say let him stay with the T3 cars in Group 6.

DOT tired cars in group 6 and Slick tired cars in group 4.

I'm ok with the GT3 car in our group. As we have all seen in the past the DOT guys have no problem with rubbin' is racin'.

FIAT90FP":tvi82arx said:
They belong in the SM/STL/T group

Not to pick a fight with Bob or anyone else , but why not follow the rules for combining classes. My last two double divisional races there has been a T2 Porsche in the SM group. DON'T BELONG WITHIN THE SM RACE GROUP. The fact the guy owns a GT2 Porsche and a T2 Porsche (yes two separate cars) for the same run group is his problem.

Looks like we can get in at 3PM now.

Latest;

Entry Limitations: PMP sponsors the open lapping day on Friday. Contact the track for details - http://pueblomotorsportspark.net/lapping.html.

If you are not participating in the lapping day, the track gate will open at 3pm on Friday July 24th. Please check the paddock
map (in the supps) and resist encroaching on areas designated for tech, pit and grid, etc.

All results and stuff at http://www.scca.com/pueblomajors

Fun weekend with everyone. Sorry to see some of the mechanical problems. We got a split start DOT tires/Slick Tires, which no doubt helped alleviate some problems at the start for both groups. Pettiford (T1) was on OA pole, so they went first. On Saturday I was on pole for the slick group. Kevin qualified second, but had trouble getting his cool shirt working in the paddock (and it was hot!), so he came to grid late and had to start last.

Halbrook and Blust predictably got the jump on Little Bill and me at the green, actually making it 4-wide on the dragstrip heading to T1. Blust was up front into T1, and Mike checked me up a bit, which allowed Bill to run around the outside of both of us. He got by Jamie going into 3, really setting me back behind the lead EP battle. Mike and I both got Jamie in Turn 4 and then I was able to get by Mike in Turn 7. Caught up to Bill and we ran nose-to-tail for a couple laps before I drafted alongside going into Turn 1. Then Bill unfortunately spun in Turn 9 later that lap, which left me with an 8 second lead over a resurgent Kevin. It stayed like that for the rest of the race for us. Bill stalled trying to get going and had to work his way back up to 3rd in E. Jamie broke later in the race. Said the car made a bad noise and I never did hear what it was. Halbrook lost fuel pressure toward the end, and Guy Ruse got the win. Goodale was the lone GTL car.

For Sunday, I saw Kevin driving to grid before I even had my suit on! We both got on the throttle about the same time, but Bill got a nice jump. Actually it was a huge jump--Kevin and I were both floored probably a touch before the green waved and Bill went to the inside and had the position by the time we got to Turn 1. Nice going 3-wide into the corner (I was the meat in the sandwich) and having a clean scrap through there. I got a good run on Bill coming out of 8 and got inside of 9. He went for the over-under going into the last turn, which killed all momentum either of us had and gave Kevin a run and once again, we were basically 3-wide going into Turn 1 on lap 2. I was able to get through and Kevin also got by Bill (who admitted he was nursing a cracked header even before the race). Kevin stayed with me for a while until he got held up big time by some slow DOT traffic, which gave me about 5 seconds and from there, I just tried to click them off to the end. Halbrook won EP despite stopping on the last lap with fuel pressure issues again.

Goodale switched to GT3 as there was another car in that class, which unfortunately broke on the first lap. Jon and I both lowered our respective class records on Sunday.

We're going to do our best to not race in the heat in Colorado next year for the Majors. It was upper 90s and while, dry, still pretty damn hot. Plus, I forgot my cool shirt. That'll teach me to take it home and actually wash it! I think I'll put it in the motor home when I get home so I don't forget it for Runoffs!

Very good season. Good competition throughout the year, which makes the Majors Championship meaningful to me. Ken will get the Nationwide Points title with the tiebreakers but he, Huffaker and I are all tied with 175 points and I suspect Charlie Campbell may join us as well. 4 weekends since June 1 is probably a bit much for me. Glad there's a break before the Runoffs.

Not the best of weekends for me
Could not diagnose the problem at the track
However we already have the car at Jesse's shop and it will be fixed and fresh for the runoffs.

No, just GTL. I got tired racing against myself so I switched to GT3 for Sunday. Still ran in GTL trim, but had to add weight to be safe for the 2060lbs for GT3 vs, 2000 for GTL.

Need to go to the dyno and do some tuning without the SIR for GT3. Since I'm going to get slaughtered at Daytona I wish I had done the GT3 thing earlier. Atleast in GT3 I could go fast and still be back of the pack.

Back