April 2015 Prelims

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/TB 15-05.pdf

So a TR8 in EP as a limited prep - any other V8's in EP? Is there time to build one for Daytona? Is Ken Slagle's in moth balls some where?

If that doesn't suit your fancy, how about a 2.0L TR7 in FP @ 2200, 2255 , 2310 lbs? Still think the 2.0L Volvo P1800 is a better opportunity at 2000 lbs, full prep. There must be some inherent limitation on the Volvo to be 200lbs lighter and full prep.

HP
1. #15923 (Mike Ogren) Adjustment for DOT Tires Please
Should cars that run DOT tires in Production be allowed to race at a reduced weight? For example,
should those cars receive a 5% weight reduction? Please send your feedback through the CRB letter
system at www.crbscca.com.

The Production Advisory Committee requested the CRB re-post this letter so that members will know
that they can still send in their feedback

The LBC group is determined to put the Mazda community in their place and so we drag out another 35 year old car to keep our vintage image active. :roll:

I'm thinking about buying an MG-TF and sending letters to make everyone bring their car down to its level. I've been thinking about this all wrong. Instead of trying to modernize the club we need to embrace the antiques and dumb down the technology even more. <sigh>

James -r

So it was cool when a new 240Z got built for runoffs
yet pathetic when a TR8 and TR7 get adjusted and added
I see it differently.

Bryan Floyd

Or is it Mazda fears old brit cars like Nissan learned to?

The LBC group is determined to put the Mazda community in their place and so we drag out another 35 year old car to keep our vintage image active. :roll:

Uh, no James. They want to race cool cars. Not everyone wants to race an econobox or a cookie cutter Miata.

It's about finding something 35 years old that could possibly run fast at Daytona where you only have to turn three times. I'd be happier if they allowed any new car in the class. The only place you can run modern cars today is one of the pro series.

James -r

The adhoc is pretty open to requests for new cars.

in EP:

S2000
RX8
Solstice
RSX
TSX
Z4
Elise
Austin Healey 3000
MX5
Sentra SpecV
Boxster
BRZ/FRS twins

Sure, one would expect some backlash from the first ever 8-cylinder being classed into EP, but complaining just because it was an older car? Nope, didn't expect that one. Love this place - always keeps me on my toes! :lol:

"prodracing.com: where we'll bitch about free chocolate chip cookies, cause we wanted macadamia nut!"

good thing we have all those new cars classed. they are coming out of the woodwork and creating run groups of their own.

stop bitching about cars being classed because you don't like the car or think it's old. funny thing is that there will probably be a couple TR8's come out...any FRS/BRZ, solstice or elises?

kruck":1aukwt3l said:
Sure, one would expect some backlash from the first ever 8-cylinder being classed into EP, but complaining just because it was an older car? Nope, didn't expect that one. Love this place - always keeps me on my toes! :lol:

Yeah, because E has ALLWAYS been the home of 6 cyl cars.

"prodracing.com: where we'll bitch about free chocolate chip cookies, cause we wanted macadamia nut!"

^^^ Obviously in the pocket of "Big Chocolate", and is probably racist against white chocolate chips too.... :roll:

kruck":3hrybyzr said:
^^^ Obviously in the pocket of "Big Chocolate", and is probably racist against white chocolate chips too.... :roll:

Easting cookies with white chocolate chips is like racing on ****** *****... Sure you are still on track, but you hate yourself for settling.

Yup, like I said, obviously a racist. :hand:

White chocolate chips are at least the equivalent of DOT R-Comps, and I read on the internet that those might even be faster!

:lol:

kruck":3qx3rt6p said:
Yup, like I said, obviously a racist. :hand:

White chocolate chips are at least the equivalent of DOT R-Comps, and I read on the internet that those might even be faster!

:lol:

Maybe equivalent to a Maxxis or Toyo, but not worth the effort to chew.

The problem with the new car listings are that they are brought in at a cc to lbs of 1.2 and the older cars are typically .9

Every time a Hussain Bolt or Carl Lewis shows up we make them wear a 300 lb vest.

James -r

Back