5/28 - 5/30 Grattan CPDN v2

Dayle Frame

Hi folks,
Registration is now open for the 2011 Cheap Points Double National to be hosted by WMR & FWR and held at Grattan Raceway on 5/28 - 5/30 (Saturday through Monday). As usual, there will be an open test day on Friday. Again, as usual, yours truly made up the entry form so we're Group 4 (not too early, not too late) and we don't run with SM's, STU's or SRF's. Only prod and GTL…..they way God intended it to be. ;-)

Once again, we're calling it the Cheap Points Double National and we're going to live up to the name. Its only $450 for both races and $300 if you enter only one of the races (same price as last year). We're trying to keep costs down so try and pay by check either by snail mail to the registrar or bring it to the track with you (no late fee). The schedule is a bit more open around our event this year (no events the weekend before or after like last year) so the car count should be higher. Add in that the economy is starting to come out of the doldrums and we could have a descent number of entries. Also, with the way out schedule is set up, if you break during Race 1, you can withdraw from Race 2 since you haven't hit the track for Race 2. Most regions don't do that but I think it’s the right thing to do.

If you haven't raced at Grattan before, please come on out and give it a try. It’s a great track with everything you could want in a road course. Its got some very technical bits, a long straight, lots of elevation changes and a wide variety of corners. It's been completely repaved in the last two off seasons and is smoooooth. Lap records will fall. WMR is known for treating its drivers very well and this event will be no exception. We'll have driver, crew, worker parties on both Saturday and Sunday evenings.

Register online at http://www.wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com. Please contact me if you have any questions about the event, need help getting registered, etc. I can be reached at frameh at msu dot edu and 517.575.9450 (before 9pm ET please).

Thanks for your time,
Dayle

Dayle Frame":2tki4yjj said:
Also, with the way out schedule is set up, if you break during Race 1, you can withdraw from Race 2 since you haven't hit the track for Race 2. Most regions don't do that but I think it’s the right thing to do.

Thanks Dayle!! :applause:

drew aldred":nvw3y1l0 said:
Dayle Frame":nvw3y1l0 said:
Also, with the way out schedule is set up, if you break during Race 1, you can withdraw from Race 2 since you haven't hit the track for Race 2. Most regions don't do that but I think it’s the right thing to do.

Thanks Dayle!! :applause:

No worries, mate.....you comin' around the horn?

Grattan's my favorite track...blind corners, big elevation changes, a JUMP (you can catch air in an H car), the Toilet Bowl (turn 7?), what else do you need?

I to love the track.

Without reading between the lines :doh: I will suggest that the poster may be saying the bathrooms suck. I find the workers bathroom outside the track to be more towards what racers expect in the 21st century.

Entry list so far.....

EP 7 Robert Doernberg Caterham 7 America
17 Steve Smyczek Mazda RX-7
71 Jason Albright Mazda rx7
81 William Fred Albright Mazda RX7
83 Sam Halkias Triumph TR6

FP 5 Joe Walker Lotus Super 7
17 Ken Alderson Opel GT
22 Larry Funk Honda CRX si
42 Gerald Lamb MG B
52 Mason Workman Mazda Miata

GTL 87 Bill Pintaric Nissan 200sx

HP 15 Greg Gauper Honda Civic
71 Tom Feller Triumph Spitfire
80 Dayle Frame Austin Sprite Mark II

C'mon guys.....I know you can do better than that. Where's Martz, Schmidt, Groot, Schnell, the Olsons, Simaras, Helm, Ruck, Wessel, Gnadt, Griesinger, Morton, Engelke, Kelly, Nagle, Aldred, Brannon, LaFond, Bailey, Crisenbery, Thon, Clark, Hipp, Partridge? We need a bigger count so I can continue to ratiionalize a 'prod/GTL' only group. Help me out folks. Enter early to help out the registrar (I'm married to one of them).

And don't forget about the rebate. $50 if you were here last summer and bring somebody who wasn't.

Contact me if you have any questions (frameh at msu dot edu).

Dayle

Dayle Frame":2v1vz57y said:
C'mon guys.....I know you can do better than that. Where's.....Ruck.
I'm about 90% sure I'll be there, but a couple things need to happen with the car/life before officially signing up. I do love Grattan, and the service and dinner is second to none. Plus there's no better place I've found over the years to work on the handling of my FWD, pig Integra's. :lol:

Dayle Frame":2v1vz57y said:
And don't forget about the rebate. $50 if you were here last summer and bring somebody who wasn't.
Anyone planning on signing up who wasn't there last year? :twisted:

Ha! I am registering John who was not there last year so I can get my personally autographed $50 dollar bill from Dayle!
Joe

engineerted":9pkt6pc0 said:
Does Grattan have power availble in the padocks?

Thanks

Here's my best guess as I have a generator and haven't needed to go looking for power. There are some (10?) garages that have power in the upper (paved) paddock. But the main (unpaved) paddock area does not have power strung through it.

I hope this helps,
Dayle

Prod/GTL group is looking real good. Can't wait to try out all of the new pavement!

E Production - 8 entries
1 - Smyczek, Steve - 1988 Mazda RX-7; Slip Shield; Brookfield, WI
7 - Doernberg, Robert - 2000 Caterham 7 America; GDC Enterprises; Akron, OH
8 - Olsen, Ron - 1981 Mazda RX-7; Barrington Performance; Barrington, IL
09 - Martz, Gary - 1990 Mazda RX-7 Roadster; Kryderacing; Canton, OH
11 - Albright, Jason - 1980 Mazda rx7; H.I.P.P.I. RACING; Clayton, OH
48 - Sturm, Michael - Honda Prelude Si; Honda City, Sturminator Design; Grafton, WI
81 - Albright, William Fred - 1979; Mazda RX7; Tipp City, OH
83 - Halkias, Sam - 1976 Triumph TR6; Catawba Island Marina; Westerville, OH

F Production - 11 entries
01 - Feineigle, Lee - MG midget; F & R Imports; Van Buren, OH
5 - Walker, Joe - 1965 Lotus Super 7; Walker Racing; Richland, MI
9 - Walker, John - MG B; Walker Racing; Richland, MI
17 - Alderson, Ken - 1971 Opel GT; Westlake, OH
19 - Futcher, Rob - Lotus Super 7; Liberty Township, OH
42 - Lamb, Gerald - 1963 MG B; Team Clean Powder Coating; Oswego, IL
47 - Wessel, Bill - 1965 Nissan SPL311; Nissan, Goodyear; Madison, WI
52 - Workman, Mason - 1990 Mazda Miata; Hoosier/Mazdaspeed; Reynoldsburg, OH
69 - Griesinger, Dieter - Triumph Spitfire 1500; Mako Mold Corporation; Maple Park, IL
73 - Ruck, Kevin - 1990 Acura Integra; Hoosier/Honda Performance Development; Delaware, OH
74 - Gnadt, Mike - 1972 MG Midget; Kiel, WI

H Production - 4 entries
3 - Vickerman, Eric - 1960 Austin Sprite; KIM, Ty, Kasey, Mom and Dad; Ypsilanti, MI
15 - Gauper, Greg - 1984 Honda Civic; Rana Mort Racing; Hubertus, WI
71 - Feller, Tom - Triumph Spitfire; GY, R-line, DJRace, West MI Imports, Brinks Machine; Clarkston, MI
80 - Frame, Dayle - 1962 Austin Sprite Mark II; Mistress Margie's Theater of Pain; Dewitt, MI

GT-Lite - 4 entries
18 - Sargis, Steve - 1968 Triumph Spitfire; SBS Batteries Goodyear Tire; Frankfort, IL
41 - Stalzer, Jonathan - 1976 Toyota Corolla; Plainfield, IL
87 - Pintaric, Bill - Nissan 200sx; Kryderacing, WRP Investments,Inc; Youngstown, OH
97 - Bailey, W Duane - Triumph Spitfire Mk 2; West Michigan Imports; Byron Center, MI

kruck":2pqets42 said:
GT-Lite - 4 entries
18 - Sargis, Steve - 1968 Triumph Spitfire; SBS Batteries Goodyear Tire; Frankfort, IL
41 - Stalzer, Jonathan - 1976 Toyota Corolla; Plainfield, IL
87 - Pintaric, Bill - Nissan 200sx; Kryderacing, WRP Investments,Inc; Youngstown, OH
97 - Bailey, W Duane - Triumph Spitfire Mk 2; West Michigan Imports; Byron Center, MI

Is it too early for a "who will win" GTL Runoffs prediction?

Really Kevin, that's a lot of pressure on Jonathan.

Bryan Floyd

And here I thought I was gonna win it this year.

kruck":1cvy84h6 said:
Prod/GTL group is looking real good. Can't wait to try out all of the new pavement!

F Production - 11 entries
01 - Feineigle, Lee - MG midget; F & R Imports; Van Buren, OH
5 - Walker, Joe - 1965 Lotus Super 7; Walker Racing; Richland, MI
9 - Walker, John - MG B; Walker Racing; Richland, MI
17 - Alderson, Ken - 1971 Opel GT; Westlake, OH
19 - Futcher, Rob - Lotus Super 7; Liberty Township, OH
42 - Lamb, Gerald - 1963 MG B; Team Clean Powder Coating; Oswego, IL
47 - Wessel, Bill - 1965 Nissan SPL311; Nissan, Goodyear; Madison, WI
52 - Workman, Mason - 1990 Mazda Miata; Hoosier/Mazdaspeed; Reynoldsburg, OH
69 - Griesinger, Dieter - Triumph Spitfire 1500; Mako Mold Corporation; Maple Park, IL
73 - Ruck, Kevin - 1990 Acura Integra; Hoosier/Honda Performance Development; Delaware, OH
74 - Gnadt, Mike - 1972 MG Midget; Kiel, WI

The FP field is great. Its a real who's who of the FP folks in CenDiv and GLDIv. It oughtta be a blast to watch.

We could use some more HP cars folks. Crisenbery, Thon, Brannon, Aldred, Nagle, Trainer....c'mon guys.

And Kevin, while I love your driving style, I don't think you want to use ALL of the new pavement. There are places you just don't want or need to go on this track (like most).

Everyone have a safe trip in and we'll see everyone Friday....and be nice to the registrars as I married to one of them.

Dayle

Back