The Rules at ProdRacing.com

Greg Amy

Administrator
Staff member
Dear New Forum Member (and all you old folk),

Yup, there's rules. Please read these. If you do not understand the rules then email or PM an administrator for clarification. When you register on this site you have agreed to abide by these rules. If you violate these rules you may be muted and/or removed.

1. Enjoy The Forum. This is a web forum for us hobbyist racers (yes I know, shocker, this is a hobby). A place to stop in and relax. Keep threads on topic. Please respect your fellow members and don’t write something that you wouldn’t say face to face. Don’t berate, belittle, or ridicule your fellow forum member. Offenders will find themselves banned. The admins reserve the right to ban any member for any reason, without an appeal.

2. Please use Your Real Name. Using your actual name makes it a better, friendlier place instead of arguing from a position of anonymity. Long-term we will not support user handles, you will need to use the name your parents gave you, not a nickname.

We know this is a change from long-standing practice here, so we'll let this one slide for a bit. But not forever.

If you are representing a company you may NOT use the company name in your profile unless you are a vendor here (see below).

To change this, go to your User Control Panel and set your Public Name to your real name. Unless/until you do this, you risk being banned ort muted for violation of this policy.

Any posts of questionable content/character from users with an anonymous "handle" will be managed much more tightly and with less discretion than those using proper names.

3. Duplicate Accounts. On the new system we can merge accounts. I'm seeing a lot of duplicates, so many that I'm doing a few at a time when they're obvious, but I can't get to them all. If you think you have a dupe, let me know and I'll seek it out and merge them.

4. Selling. If you’re here to sell something other than personal classifieds you’ll need to be a Supporter or a Vendor. Decision on personal classified versus actual advertising is at the discretion of the admins. Contact the admins to learn more.

5. Content Moderation. ProdRacing and its admins generally will not delete or edit posts on the forum -- except when we want to, and that's not subject to appeal.

However, we will - quite quickly - move your topic into the Political Playground if it's not related to Production Racing or is of a general nature. Because we want to. Not subject to appeal.

6. Disclaimer. ProdRacing.com nor its admins or owners is responsible for the ramifications of anything you post on this forum. You are supposedly an adult, and we expdect you to act like one. All posts you make here are your responsibility so be accurate and be truthful.

ProdRacing is a web forum that is FREE to use and read. Anything you post here is your responsibility.

7. Donations. ProdRacing exists solely on donations only. So, if you like the site and are getting use out of it consider contributing to the site. Even though admins are volunteers, we have regular costs such as domain registration, software and web site hosting fees.

We are the guests of GT40S.com and Ron Earp, who agreed to host this site, so we ask that your donations be directed via PayPal to "GT40S.com" which will resolve to "GT40S.com/@ronaldearp1". Please write in a description in the "What's this for?" box indicating you're donating for the Prod board so they know.

8. The Political Playground. Right, that place. We've created a Political Playground for all your off-topic needs, so you can get things off your chest.

What is "off topic"? Pretty much anything we decide it is, but generally speaking the answer should be obvious: look at the existing list of categories and forums; if what you want to post is not directly related to one of those forum titles (e.g., Technical, Regs, Race Reports) then it's gonna get tossed into the Playground. Not subject to appeal, of course.

And for anyone that may be offended with stuff in there? Don't go in there.

However, we will not tolerate abuse, threats, or any thing that remotely resembles it. That will get you banned right quickly. Decisively without an appeal.

So have at it and have fun with it. And it helps to keep in mind that the whole entire Internet world can see your posts without being logged in, and you can be absolutely certain that spiders/bots are crawling this site collecting these posts, so they'll be captured forever. Don't post something today that you or your family will regret tomorrow.

But we do have one request for Playground use: on your way out, please do remember to grab your walkers, walking canes and cane seats, wheelchairs, mobility scooters, reachers/grabbers, leather wallets, checkbooks, flip phones, quilts, and any other personal items. We do not have a Lost and Found Desk (or an answering machine) so anything left behind will be donated to the local adult care facility right down the street. You can fight with them if you want it back.

I’m sure we’ll be adding to these rules from time to time, but for now that should do it. Please contact an admin if you need some clarification of these rules.

Thanks!

Your Admins

Last edited:
Back