Charlotte Night Race

Steve Eckerich

The Double SARRC/MARRS and Double CCPS registration is now open for Charlotte Motor Speedway Aug 18/19. Saturday CCPS and Big Bore will run under full speedway lighting. We will break for dinner about 5:00pm Saturday and have a cookout for all Drivers, Workers, and Crew. Look forward to seeing everyone there. Long Road Racing will be on site with extras for Mazda drivers.

http://www.dlbracing.com/default.aspx

We managed to work out a test day on Friday. Full day is $250 and half day after 1:00pm is $150. Email [email protected] with your car and driver information to reserve a spot. You may pay cash or check at the track. Spots are on a first come basis. Also note we are about to capacity on the CCPS race Saturday night so if you plan to run you better enter now.

Not that it impacts me one way or another, but kinda ironic that that there is no LC class at CMS of all places.

We could not change supps after registration opened, but will do an RFA to allow them to run. So far had no request. If someone wishes to run, please have them contact the registrar. Sorry we did not get that corrected ahead of time.

Show up Wednesday for their summer shootout and you will see about 100 of them and the other offshoots of the series. Those guys (and gals) are serious about it.

Steve Eckerich":1m6ha2sf said:
We could not change supps after registration opened, but will do an RFA to allow them to run. So far had no request. If someone wishes to run, please have them contact the registrar. Sorry we did not get that corrected ahead of time.

Thanks, Steve.
I will make sure that our Legends guys know about it.

cheers
dave parker

Greg Nagy":147ymeop said:
Just seemed odd. Like not having Ferraris at Maranello, or Esperantes at Road Atlanta.

Greg, we turn left and right. The LC guys are probably shunned in the roundy round world, because of their affiliation with us. :snooty:

Think Racing":6x201io6 said:
Greg Nagy":6x201io6 said:
Just seemed odd. Like not having Ferraris at Maranello, or Esperantes at Road Atlanta.

Greg, we turn left and right. The LC guys are probably shunned in the roundy round world, because of their affiliation with us. :snooty:

Actually, the Legends cars are one of the easiest cars to make the jump from the roundy world to the left/right world and back in. It takes about an hour and a half of labor to do the set up change. Most other cars require hours of setup time to make this change, and then still do not work right.

These cars are truly universal in that respect.

cheers
dave parker

Early post for email going to all drivers.

Hello All

Thanks for choosing to be a part of the MARRS/SARRC race at Charlotte Motor Speedway with Central Carolinas Region.

Test day will open registration at 7:00am Friday in the infield media center with first car on track at 8:00am. We will have 3 groups alternating with 30 minute sessions. Break for lunch from 12:00-1:00 and resume 30 minute sessions.

CCR will be selling 10# bags of ice at the speedway near the Media Center Friday & Saturday 7-9A and Noon-2P and on Sunday from 11A-2P. Cost is $2 per bag. We do not want drivers without ice for cool suits.

Food vendors: Bojangles Chicken & Biscuits will have their speedway facility open Saturday from 7A-3P and Sunday from 10A-3P. Bruester’s Ice Cream will also be selling ice cream and hot dogs and other neat stuff.

We will be at the track Thursday evening from 6:00pm until 9:00 pm for those that want to arrive early. You may set up in your garage if you have one rented at that time. You may still rent garages if available at the track. There will be a number on a parking slot across from your garage for your tow rig. Please work with our paddock marshal to get everyone safely in. The area inside Nascar 3 – 4 is open parking. Maps will be given out inside the tunnel entrance. We will allow you to enter the track any time on Friday, but please be considerate of those testing and do not block garages, etc. Links to basic map if you want one now.

http://www.stampcometal.com/files/CMS_MAP.JPG http://www.stampcometal.com/files/CMF_MAP.PDF

Registration for the races will open in the infield media center at 5:00pm Friday (might open early, but no promise). We will also have express tech set up in the media center next to registration so bring your log book if you have a current annual with car and gear checked off. All others must go to tech in the track side of the Sprint Cup garage. We have a lot of drivers to register so please have everything ready when you get to the registrars and have checks filled out if possible, those behind you will appreciate it. Cash or check only please.

CCPS will be set up near tech in the Sprint Cup garage if you wish to register for the series payouts. CCPS entrants please register your second drivers on DLB.

All drivers please look over the entry list and see that you are listed properly for your series points (MARRS must have M before class designation) that you are listed in all races you entered, and number is correct for what you will have on the car.

Friday Evening 7:15pm - 9:30pm Quaker Steak & Lube V8Stockcar/SCCA Pre Race Social & SE-GTA advisory committee and drivers meeting. Everyone welcome.

We will break somewhere around 5:00 on Saturday and cook dinner for all workers, drivers, and crew. Please come hungry and join everyone in the infield media center. We will return to racing at 7:00pm with group 1 Big Bore under full speedway lighting followed by the first CCPS 45 minute race. We have 64 current entries in CCPS so it should be quite a show. Donations of adult beverages (or cash) welcome for the social following the last race of the day.

Plan to sleep in as CMS has quiet hour until 12:00 pm Sunday at which time we have a short warm up to allow the CCPS drivers to check cars out/ bed brakes from the night race. Then we go green with the second CCPS 45 minute race followed by hardship for open, and then closed wheel. We continue racing with groups 5-4-3-2 in reverse order from Saturday to give the CCPS drivers time to turn the cars for their sprint races. Last year we finished about 4:00 so if all goes well you will be on the road home early.

If you are double dipping a car in back to back groups please let us know so we can give you time to get to grid. We will work with you. If you break and need parts please ask so we can direct you to racers or local shops to get you fixed up. We want you to enjoy your weekend with CCR.

Thanks
Steve Eckerich
CCR RE

Steve, what are the three test day classes? I'm concerned about being place in the SM group and instead of testing, spending my day working around them given I will be much faster.

Many of us are looking forward to this event, so thank you for the big effort.

Hi Fred

As of now we have enough SM/SM5 etc to make a group. Only 3 big bore so you would be better to run with them. Very flexible so let me know what you prefer. If the group sucks, just move to the other closed wheel. Have 54 test day entries right now so not real crowded. Only 2 open wheel so might do some creative grouping.

Thanks to Steve, Vicki and the CCR for putting on a great event. Weather worked out well, lots of track time and the workers were very customer friendly.

Charlotte was a fun track to race and the banking was pretty amazing for this first timer.

I will give you numbers tonight Dave, but I believe it was 70 plus. Really enjoyed the racing with all of you. Will post more this evening.

Dave, it was Phil, Jim and myself from our run group. Elizabeth Miller won on Saturday and finished second by .7 of a second on Sunday. There were some other MARRS SRFs. Of course Uncle Meathead and his crew, plus some GT and IT cars.

Like Steve said, he'll get numbers, but there were 240+ registered cars total and the Carolina Cup race under the lights was very cool to watch. The Sheetz car finished third overall.

I thought it was a great event and although the drive home was a killer (I left Charlotte for Central PA at 6 p.m. yesterday) I'd do it again.

It was for the most part a clean weekend, but the big bore guys had a tough go at it. I think five of them collected themselves in turn one and ruined a couple of very nice GT-1 cars. Phil had some suspension problems so he and I never had a chance to bump into each other. :oops:

Think Racing":2xoqe3wa said:
Dave, it was Phil, Jim and myself from our run group. Elizabeth Miller won on Saturday and finished second by .7 of a second on Sunday. There were some other MARRS SRFs. Of course Uncle Meathead and his crew, plus some GT and IT cars.

Phil had some suspension problems so he and I never had a chance to bump into each other. :oops:

Ok, so there was a fairly decent turnout. That is good. Hopefully we will be invited back.

I am glad to hear that you both behaved yourselves. You are both skilled drivers whom have better talent than to have to resort to the "bump and run" game.

cheers
dave parker

Back