prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:56 am 

License to race link:

https://www.scca.com/articles/2015447-s ... EAD%20MORE

Still simpler than a competition license, but will still require the SCCA medical form for all levels.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:10 am 

rekcik15 wrote:
If SCCA is hoping there's a large number of folks with huge pocket books willing to go all in on a super competitive enduro series, I don't think the market exists.

Isn't that exactly what AER has become? It started out as a simple grassroots enduro series and now it has the likes (read, "bankrolls") of Team Sahlen running in it...

#37 HP Sprite
Goodyear/Red Line/Scott Young Enterprises/Stinnett, Padrutt & Aranyosi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:23 am 

Protech Racing wrote:
Got an answer back from the ERB.. 200 TW tires will be required... Cool. No other rules. at t his point .
I doubt that it will use the bracket thing due to the last reactions -mainly non participation of our bracket enduros.

I would hope for maybe 4 classes max and based on PTW and known past performance . We'll see. I'm excited as I get..

Interesting. I guess Houston just does it's own thing. (How Texan of us. ;) ). Then again, our RE is one of the guys working with nationals to make this stuff happen nationwide and refine the rulesets. Try some things locally and see what sticks.. our current events are likely "Let's get something started and build interest while we refine the rest of the rulebook"

STU Scion FR-S

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:31 am 

Stiner0931 wrote:
rekcik15 wrote:
If SCCA is hoping there's a large number of folks with huge pocket books willing to go all in on a super competitive enduro series, I don't think the market exists.

Isn't that exactly what AER has become? It started out as a simple grassroots enduro series and now it has the likes (read, "bankrolls") of Team Sahlen running in it...

Same with WRL. It started out as an "anyone can play" endurance series to avoid the price caps, tar-and-feather penalties, and cheaty-car BS of the low buck endurance series, and it has morphed over several years into a nationwide top-flight endurance series mostly comprised of well prepped German cars up front. some of the rent-a-ride seats are in GT4 cars at $10k/weekend w/ pro coaches and full crew & amenities provided.

STU Scion FR-S

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:35 am 

Matt93SE wrote:
....some of the rent-a-ride seats are in GT4 cars at $10k/weekend w/ pro coaches and full crew & amenities provided.

It's inevitable with anything that becomes popular, whether it's a sanctioning body or even a class. How many $10,000 Spec Miatas do we have winning championships now?

The only way to keep something that's fun cheap is to keep it unpopular. But if something's fun and cheap, it becomes popular. And when something becomes popular, it attracts money. Which ain't cheap. Until it becomes so expensive that all the "were here for the fun" leave, which makes it unpopular, so the money decides to chase the next shiny new popular thing. At which point it becomes unpopular and thus cheap again...

It's a vicious circle in which we choose to spend our discretionary funds.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:41 am 

No argument there!

STU Scion FR-S

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:42 am 

True Greg.
The last SCCA 24 hr at the Point .. Some big guy decided that fuel rigs were Ok. End of the races..
I dont think that rigs are allowed at any of the current top series. Champcar/WRL /AER ?
No rigs . 5 min plus transit ,fuel stops . = success.

Edit . Summit seems like it was 12 hr. Thats what the trophy say .
Moroso was 24 hrs.

Last edited by Protech Racing on Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:52 am 

Protech Racing wrote:
True Greg.
The last SCCA 24 hr at the Point .. Some big guy decided that fuel rigs were Ok. End of the races..
I dont think that rigs are allowed at any of the current top series. Champcar/WRL /AER ?
No rigs . 5 min plus transit ,fuel stops . = success.

ya, that's one of the parts in the ruleset. no fuel rigs for anyone, and most of the other series have a cap on fuel can capacity (5 gal) and fill tube/ restrictor diameter.

STU Scion FR-S

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:00 am 

Looking back over the regs. SCCA still will require a SCCA med form regardless of actual License . So that's a fail.
Copy known success. None of the popular endurance series requires any med forms.

Keep it walk up friendly. Bring a safe car, enter safe car, race .

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:10 am 

SCCA is still going to have better insurance than all other endurance groups combined. A med form probably satisfies the insurance people. If the med form is what’s keeping people from SCCA I’d like to see that data.

#08 EP Honda S2000
Member #310579

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next