Hp and 2 litre ITB cars

Stiner0931":3dul1c0i said:
chois":3dul1c0i said:
(BTW - despite often hearing how the VW has a "strong motor" it is still not the fastest around RAm - that is the L2 Spit and L1 B210)

Yea, that 1500 spit is pretty damn quick. Couple that with one of the most successful prod racers out there and it's a lethal combination. The 210 is quick, and no offense to Meller, but if the spit holds together, I see Steve running away with it at Elkhart Lake next month.

They have both run in the 40s this season, but I tend to agree.

Funny numbers on the Volvo 226whp. Bob Griffith ( BHP) used to say they used little tiny horses in California. REAL numbers on a handgrenade B20 (15 to1, etc.) would be a touch over 210 at the crank just before the ports cracked and it became a fire hydrant.

The BHP Volvos had cams, compression, the right gears and BA tires . They wont go much faster. They were/are 110% build cars . I believe the valve lift was over .425. They did blow up a lot of stuff.
Easy to keep in check when they have to breathe through the tiny stock throttle body .
The R 7 tires go as fast as the Hoosier slicks , just dont cycle as well. Mike ,(VW) went 2:18( @ WGI)on R7 tires.

Any of the 2litre and under ITB cars should get a spec line in HP . Weight, stock throttle body etc.

The 1.8 cars get 425 lift now , the 1.6 cars get 450 lift.
The 2 litre can use 425 lift and a little weight .

Sam, Mike, whoever.... Comment on flywheel numbers got me thinking. I had the right numbers in the wrong place in my notes. Went to the builder to get them sorted out. Engine is a B20, maximum over bore, 226 at the flywheel, 175 at the rear wheels. Total suspension kit and as much weight off as possible. I'd put a picture up here but don't have any luck on this site. If someone would like to see the car send me an e-mail address.

Standing Corrected...

Bob

Bob Hess":kfax07mf said:
Sam, Mike, whoever.... Comment on flywheel numbers got me thinking. I had the right numbers in the wrong place in my notes. Went to the builder to get them sorted out. Engine is a B20, maximum over bore, 226 at the flywheel, 175 at the rear wheels. Total suspension kit and as much weight off as possible. I'd put a picture up here but don't have any luck on this site. If someone would like to see the car send me an e-mail address.

Standing Corrected...

Bob

Thanks Bob! 226 at wheels with same driveline loss as your example would be 292 flywheel which is 2L Cosworth BDG territory. 226 flywheel is impressive enough for a two valve pushrod 2L IMO.

Rucks Idea. Now we need to fill in the blanks...
Perfect for a lot of the big engined IT cars.
IT spec plus cam, stock internals .

Could work. But L3 should be IT spec period. Maybe at a different weight or something. But I like the idea of doing it without any powertrain or suspension mods.

Protech Racing":lusfvn77 said:
Without a cam they dont sound like race cars. Plus 90% of the IT cars I have bought, had cams already.

Sure, but don't you normally buy FL IT cars. That's kind of a different class from my understanding.

Protech Racing":3nb9vipl said:
Rucks Idea. Now we need to fill in the blanks...
Perfect for a lot of the big engined IT cars.
IT spec plus cam, stock internals .
I must've killed that brain cell, because I have no idea what you're taking about. Probably something I said as a joke somewhere...?

chois":3nb9vipl said:
Protech Racing":3nb9vipl said:
Without a cam they dont sound like race cars. Plus 90% of the IT cars I have bought, had cams already.
Sure, but don't you normally buy FL IT cars. That's kind of a different class from my understanding.
Glad I didn't have to make the "well yeah, but that's Florida-IT" comment. :lol:

kruck":2nx9b2y5 said:
Glad I didn't have to make the "well yeah, but that's Florida-IT" comment. :lol:
:lol:

We don't need a "Prep Level 3". We just need to use performance potential for classing vehicles instead of an imaginary boogey-man.

Or revive the "GProd" moniker and move in there anything that's not LBC and newer than Watergate; the rest of the caravan will move on.

Greg Amy":vsm8czhr said:
kruck":vsm8czhr said:
:lol:

We don't need a "Prep Level 3". We just need to use performance potential for classing vehicles instead of an imaginary boogey-man.

Or revive the "GProd" moniker and move in there anything that's not LBC and newer than Watergate; the rest of the caravan will move on.

Gawd, I hate agreeing with Greg! But, AMEN! to bringing back G Prod!

Ed Funk":1c5uh0uc said:
Gawd, I hate agreeing with Greg! But, AMEN! to bringing back G Prod!
I recognize that musta hurt, Ed. You can delete the post if it gives you any probs getting some sleep tonight...

What cars would you leave in HP? The 850-950cc cars that have already left?
The L3 was indeed a joke by Kruck but it seems interesting in that it could be a road to including the ITB 2.0 litre cars at a reduced entry cost.

L3 for 1.8 and over cars;
Stock intake/TB
Stock internals ,any fasteners
Stock compression plus .5, with any metal pistons
Stock lift cam, any duration and springs, ( or spec the lift for easier tech at 410 ) ?
Stock valve and stem size.
IT port rule.
Adjust weight as needed .

BMW 318I, BMW 320, Volvo 142, Pinto? ,

Back