X Bob Weber Austin Healey Bug Eye Sprite

Jamie Blust

Earlier this year I purchased Bob Weber's Austin Healey Sprite Rolling Chassis. My racing plans for this car have changed. I still feel this would be a killer car for Mid Ohio / Indy in GTL or Production trim. I have done nothing to the car since I purchased it from Bob. It is now located in Bailey, Colorado.
Below is the link for Bob's original posting with pictures & info. The only difference is I would prefer to keep the 6" wheels that came with the chassis.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16142s.

Jamie Blust
303-598-1100
[email protected]

It seems there are problems with the original link for the description of the Roller

I have the new description below:

Roller: Ideal for prep level 1/2. Arguably the best functional Spridget chassis available. Same weight as Mid Ohio record setting configuration but with 6" wheels and MGB brakes.
* 1485# gas-empty with 175# driver when using a 948 engine and optima battery
* No compromise front suspension design. Less that 1/16" roll center movement side to side through 2" of travel. This cannot be done with bolt on parts. Fully adjustable for caster, camber and ride height.
* Front MGB brake calipers with rotors, aluminum hubs, bearings and seals, 7/16" studs and modified WC spindles (offset drilled for maximum contact of pads to discs) Includes good Hawk Blue pads.
* Tubular front sway bar
* 3 link rear axle housing with rod ends and aluminum links. 1/2 degree negative camber. Speedy sleeve for better sealing of wheel bearing seals. Includes 1 welded diff.
* Cockpit adjustable rear sway bar. Blade type with bearings and cockpit adjustable cable. IHR blade with IHR cable adjustor.
*Double Bearing hubs with bearings, seals and 7/.16" studs
* Winners Circle full floating rear axels with 1 extra flange. Change Diff without removing brakes
* Rear disk brakes with spare rotor. Winners circle single piston Wilwood, includes discs, aluminum mounting brackets, good hawk pads, braided brake lines, modified to eliminate pad sticking.
* One race on rebuilt front Carrera aluminum coil over single adjustable shocks and one race on new aluminum rear QA1 coil over single adjustable shocks.
* Brake ducting on all 4 corners
* Shortened steering rack to match suspension pick up points
* Collapsible steering column
* Removable Steering Wheel
* Wired for radios and DL1 data acquisition
* Throttle position sensor for data acquisition
* Linn front bonnet with very simple and effective front air dam
* WeRace rear flares
* Carburetor air box: Allows hood to be raised and lowered with no interference
* 2 sets of wheels. 1 set Panasport 13 x 6 with center hole enlarged to fit WC floating rear axels. 1 set classic 13x5 aluminum with rains
* Cockpit adjustable brake bias
* Cockpit adjustable fuel pressure
* Electromotive HPV-1 ignition box with 8MM Magnecor wires. Hidden in passenger compartment yet very accessible and close to engine
* 8 gallon ATL fuel cell with dual pickups and dipstick
* Recessed fuel filter cap
* Simpson 5 point pull down belts good until 2017
* Fire suppression bottle and push activator and two nozzles
* EGT gauge with 2 thermocouples
* Wilwood aluminum overhung brake / clutch pedals with 3 Girling cylinders and brake bias adjuster
* Dual facet fuel pumps
* Aluminum Fluidyne radiator and expansion tank
* Stewart warner mechanical gauges for oil and water temp; oil and fuel pressure
* Autometer electric tachometer

As noted in the previous post we have done nothing to the car since we purchased it from Bob
Car is located in Bailey Colorado

Asking $7500...delivery is negotiable

Thanks
Jamie

Back