Wheel Adapters - one bolt patern to another

I see they mention stud upgrades are available. I'd make sure you get the best studs you can find for both wheel hub and the adapter. Otherwise, go for it. I've seen them used many times by the dorifto crowd and they don't break them. (......and if those idiots can't break it.....)

These seem to be ok. Only because of the material they are made of. The quality of the spacer material and studs is critical. Too many inferior choices out there. Using spacers only is less stressful on the part. More stressful on the part is using a spacer with studs using a different bolt pattern than the hub behind it.

I have seen a cast aluminum spacer break on a street car. And when the wheel came off, the street driver ended up in the hospital. A cast spacer/adapter will compress and fail.

Alternately, you can have the hub drilled and tapped for the new pattern - being the same as my X1/9, there is plenty of meat for it. Just place the new holes 45 degrees off the 4 on 98s. Gives you the option for different size/type of studs.
You can then machine any thickness spacer you need to fit your offset and track needs.
The only real problem is machining the brake rotors every time they are replaced

Thanks for the responses guys !!!

Bob you are right and the re-drill is being considered. Although since most 4x100 rims have more offset -- the thickness of the adapter fills the difference nicely.

Thanks again.

Sterling

Back