Western - Auto Club Speedway US Majors

JasonIsley99

Only a few weeks out, and even with the Runoffs further away than it has been in some 40 years we look to have a strong EP/HP/GTL field. Some new entries in HP and GTL... Brian Linn making his H return in the Runoffs winning CRX owned by Steve Hussey, and Jeff Lepper joining the party in his dad's Honda Fit - cant wait to see what this thing will do when the put some effort into it. Gary seems to be missing? There is also a new HP Yaris being built by one of last years B-Spec racers, there is a chance it will be done in time to join us. GTL is seeing an STL CRX double dip, and Wickersham in an MX-5 (not sure if this is the T4 car he had at the Runoffs or something new).

http://www.scca.com/events/index.cfm?eid=8438

EP,HP,FP,GTL 21 entries
# Name Class Year Make Sponsor Hometown
17 Carroll, Josh E Production 1986 Mazda RX7 Endsight Danville, CA
5 Downey, Aaron E Production 1976 Mazda RX-3 roundpeg.com/ Mazdaspeed Motorsports/ Carbotech/ JRI Shocks Rossmoor, CA
02 Droese, Brandon E Production 1987 Mazda RX7 Mariah Motorsports Goleta, CA
50 Gist, Gary E Production 1989 Mazda RX7 K&G Racing Del mar, CA
96 Hagerty, James E Production 1984 Mazda RX-7 Mariah motorsport.Hoosier Tire West Santa Barbara, CA
128 Jimerson, Anthony E Production 1986 Mazda rx7 A.T. Mechanical, Jesse Prather Motorsports, Hoosier benicia, CA
51 Karlson, Roger E Production 1963 Elva Courier Carpinteria, CA
91 Sacks, Steven E Production 1988 Mazda RX-7 San Francisco, CA
21 sturgeon, delaney E Production Porsche 944 Raptor Motorsports, Hawk, Goodyear Willcox, AZ

77 Huffaker, Joe F Production 1973 MG Midget Huffaker Engineering Petaluma, CA

44 Bower, John GT-Lite 1994 Nissan Sentra Granada Hills, CA
31 Carter, Craig GT-Lite 2002 Nissan Sentra Hazard Reduction Systems Long Beach, CA
38 Ermish, Troy GT-Lite 1971 Datsun 510 Datsun 510 Parts Outlet, LS Energy Corp Tracy, CA
61 Hayward, Noel GT-Lite 1974 MG Midget CW Horton General Contractor Fairfield, CA
51 Whiting, Paul GT-Lite 1991 Honda CRX Next Victory , Hawk , Hoosier , Honda Performance Development Las Vegas, NV

12 Barrow, Jeff H Production Honda Fit Honda Performance Development Acton, CA
28 Bryant, Craig H Production 1959 Austin Healey Sprite CenterLine Welding, Planes of Fame Hacienda Heights, CA
99 Isley, Jason H Production 2007 Toyota Yaris TRD/Hoosier/RACER.com Coto de Caza, CA
37 Linn, Brian H Production 1990 Honda CRX LinnSpeed, CW Horton Hermosa Beach, CA
09 Thurston, David H Production 1973 Fiat X1/9 Tustin, CA
144 Valentine, Ben H Production 1970 MG Midget Fullerton, CA

Class Totals: GT-Lite: 5, E Production: 9, F Production: 1, H Production: 6

When I saw Production and GTL having its own race group as well as a good number of HP cars I wanted to change my mind about not racing this year. My car is very tired and in need of a lot of work to get it in race condition. Bernie and I battled with the car to keep it going at the Runoffs. I am also tired and need a break from the car. A year off should get me back in the mood to work on the car run run again.

I will probably come to the track to say hi to all and watch some good racing. I am interested to see how Brain does with that FWD Honda. I also want to see how Craig does with the new 1275 in his Bugeye. Jason, I already know how you are going to do.

Good to see some new HP cars coming out to race.

Gary Wittman":zgwrpflf said:
When I saw Production and GTL having its own race group as well as a good number of HP cars I wanted to change my mind about not racing this year. My car is very tired and in need of a lot of work to get it in race condition. Bernie and I battled with the car to keep it going at the Runoffs. I am also tired and need a break from the car. A year off should get me back in the mood to work on the car run run again.

I will probably come to the track to say hi to all and watch some good racing. I am interested to see how Brain does with that FWD Honda. I also want to see how Craig does with the new 1275 in his Bugeye. Jason, I already know how you are going to do.

Good to see some new HP cars coming out to race.

It will be nice not having to look over my shoulder for the late braking overtake from you into Turn 3 this year. :lol: Still lots of time in the season to get your car back out there.

You could always rent Brian's FP car. :wink: Or I have a T4 Nissan with an open seat if you want to try something different?

From the HP RunOffs thread -
but ultimately I didn't have enough to do anything with him, I was content to send the Yaris off with a silver medal.
Jason ... did you find a way to save the Yaris from the crusher?

Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

Kelley Huxtable
"PLAY SAFE"
DMVR

I am pretty sure Jason's Yaris has been given a reprieve for the time being and he will be running it at least part of this year.

KelleyHux":1vbl39re said:
From the HP RunOffs thread -
but ultimately I didn't have enough to do anything with him, I was content to send the Yaris off with a silver medal.
Jason ... did you find a way to save the Yaris from the crusher?

Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

Kelley Huxtable
"PLAY SAFE"
DMVR

A second place finish at the Runoffs, sending the B-Spec car to the crusher, a win at the Baja 1000, and a day spent doing driver training with some Toyota execs bought me a little time with the 99. Toyota said the 99 needed to be crushed by the end of the year, but Toyota's "year" ends in April. :wink: Since our schedule is loaded so front heavy this lets us get most of the Western Majors done while we sort out what to build next.

The BS car on its way to the crusher - the Cal Club safety crew used it for training.
15454_670241563088975_8806070101592233913_n.jpg

Stiner0931":1fvof19x said:
Linn in Hussey's CRX? Going for the double this year Brian?
No chance of that. I have enough trouble with one class.

Hussey offered his car for 2015 including Daytona if I was interested. I had no intentions of making the trip to Fla, but this opportunity is too good to pass up. Jason is a great benchmark for HP, so we will see how close I can get. After Fontana we will make a decision about the rest of the year, hopefully.

Updated the first post... EP showing very strong at 9 cars, and HP with a healthy 6. GTL did lose the T4 MX-5, guess that was just an entry error. We are currently 100 cars off of last year, hopefully we pull in a few more. Interestingly the biggest hits to attendance seem to be SRF and SM. Perhaps a lot of SRF guys are mid conversion and wont be done in time? While SM guys are all looking for legal heads. :lol:

E and H Production look good but I am concerned about no FP entries. I know Brian was the sole FP entry at one time but dropped out to run Steve's HP Honda. It appears FP is fading away in SoCal.

A work conflict will prevent the second Yaris from joining us. He may get it out there on Friday just to get a log book.

EP now at 10. :applause:

Updated entry list. GTL picked up another. In HP we lost Jeff Lepper, but picked up Jeff Barrow in a Fit - unfortunately I think the Barrow entry is a mistake since all the HPD fleet Fits are B-Spec cars.

I told Barrow at the Runoffs that all Honda had to do to get another fit in HP was give me a car to start with. Who is the second Yaris?

Gary Wittman":192zu5vt said:
That sure told us a lot!

Bobby Beyer, he drove the B-Spec Yaris last year. After we sent it to the crusher he decided to turn his daily driver/autocross Yaris in to a Prod car.

Hahaha yep my name is Bobby Beyer and I was the idiot who ran Bspec in the red Yaris last year. Not really much to say it was my old STF autox car.

Back