Watkins Glen Majors July 3-6

disquek

Who's going?

I look forward to this race all year. Even after racing at VIR and Mid-Ohio, The Glen is still my favorite. Historic, fast, demanding, beautiful .....

-Kyle

22 cars so far. GTL is good, but not great at 4 (Bob Dowie will make it 5). I'm also told that a certain fast Toyota is considering the long trip east.

-Kyle

41 Bolden, Madison E Production 1980 Mazda RX7 BoldenMotorsports South Windsor, CT
45 DeLea, Garry E Production 1995 Mazda Miata Groton Tire and Auto, Critical Signs Essex, CT
02 Dryden, Chris E Production 1999 BMW Z3 PayPal, Hoosier, TeamJBS New Freedom, PA
43 Leitner, Jonathan E Production 1987 BMW 325i Greenfield Imported cars Shelburne Falls, MA
21 Vaccaro, Charles E Production 1979 Mazda RX-7 Village Auto Works Patterson, NY
4 Van Steenburg, Kip E Production 1991 Porsche 944s2 German Excellence New Smyrna Beach, FL
47 Walsh, Donald E Production Mazda RX-7 Classic Auto Orrtanna, PA
50 Burdge, Tom F Production 1992 Mazda Miata Hoosier/ Mazda Motorsports/ JPM Hillsborough, NJ
89 Campbell, Charlie F Production 1993 Mazda Miata Campbell Brothers Racing/Jesse Prather Mtrspts/ Hoosier/Carbotech Brakes Corry, PA
66 Hinkle, Jerome F Production Lotus 7 Series IV Element One Assoc. Catonsville, MD
13 McAllister, Mark F Production 1992 Mazda Miata McAllister Sign Webster, NY
52 Workman, Mason F Production 1990 Mazda Miata FP Planet Miata/Hoosier/Mazdaspeed Reynoldsburg, OH
92 Disque, Kyle GT-Lite 1994 Toyota Tercel Toyota TRD / Hoosier Tire / The 71 Crowd Philadelphia, PA
178 Fuller, Graham GT-Lite 1990 Honda CRX Morgan’s Custom Classics Purcellville, VA Martinsburg, WV
33 Houseman, Jamie GT-Lite 1986 Honda CRX racegearbox.com London, ON
6 wright jr, wilson GT-Lite 2006 Nissan sentra Stockbridge, MA
4 Bartell, Ron H Production 1962 MG Midget Hoosier Tires Madbury, NH
90 Broring, Tom H Production 1983 Volkswagen Rabbit Derwood, MD
15 Funk, Ed H Production 1987 Honda Civic Brookside Animal Hospital Greenfield, MA
46 Krauss, Johannes H Production 1980 Volkswagen Scirocco Prattsville, NY
59 Stine, Gib H Production AH Sprite Stine Motorsports Cazenovia, NY
72 Zebrowski, Edward H Production 1965 Triumph Spitfire4 MkII Whizz-N-Motorsports Penn Yan, NY

We'll be there. Spouse driving my car - with fresh right-side damage from the regional last weekend where someone with more hope than talent punted me off into the gravel at T1. :doh: That - combined with earlier silliness - earned them a three-race probation. But didn't help with the body damage. Nor with the engine repair to Tom's car that couldn't be completed in time. So....

I've always had great fun driving the VW at the Glen. Hope Tom enjoys it - despite the steering wheel being on the opposite side from his car.

Wish I could be there with you guys this year. Have to travel to Mexico for work instead... I'll be watching from the internet.

I have video from Saturday that I will post soon.

On Sunday I forgot to start the front facing camera.

I did start the rear facing camera. But since Wilson led most of the race, it's not all that exciting. I will see what I can do.

-Kyle

PS: I suck at remembering things like turning on the GoPro. But I'm pretty good at making stuff ... so ... I've resumed to my Arduino WiFi GoPro remote automatic starter project. I'm hoping to test it at NJMP. Why spend your time making the car faster when you can make camera accessories! :frustrated: :hand:

disquek":36nyvje7 said:
I have video from Saturday that I will post soon.

On Sunday I forgot to start the front facing camera.

I did start the rear facing camera. But since Wilson led most of the race, it's not all that exciting. I will see what I can do.

-Kyle

PS: I suck at remembering things like turning on the GoPro. But I'm pretty good at making stuff ... so ... I've resumed to my Arduino WiFi GoPro remote automatic starter project. I'm hoping to test it at NJMP. Why spend your time making the car faster when you can make camera accessories! :frustrated: :hand:

Uhhhh, Kyle.. trying to reinvent the wheel? :)
2015-New-GoPro-WiFi-Remote-Control-Wireless-RC-Charging-Cable-Remote-Wrist-Belt-For-Gopro-Hero.jpg

I don't know Kyle That was a pretty good picture you sent me from the rear. It might be interesting to se the vidio. Or maybe not..... :whistle:

Matt,
"Automatic". Reading is fundamental.

Charlie,
I'm still planning to upload the rear facing video. I'm slammed busy right now.

-Kyle

disquek":1sbig9pd said:
Matt,
"Automatic". Reading is fundamental.

Charlie,
I'm still planning to upload the rear facing video. I'm slammed busy right now.

-Kyle
depends on your perspective of automatic... Did you want automatic (synched) starting of both cameras, or automatic starting so you don't have to remember to push the button?
When I get 3 min on grid, I start the car, start the cameras, then finish whatever prep I have left (gloves, etc). it's pretty automatic to me once I have the practice down.

Another easy option if you're willing to pack your phone in the car: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/goprofe ... mpt=uo%3D4

Back