US Majors - Buttonwillow

JasonIsley99

*Updated entry list, now over 250 registered, awesome turnout for EP. Great to see Gordon decided to make the trip down from Portland to join HP, and nice to see Bryant's name back after a year or so out.

5 Bachman, Mike H Production 1960 Sprite MK I Keeshond Racing San Jose, CA
89 Becker, Jon H Production 1967 Austin Mini Mini Part Martinez, CA
28 Bryant, Craig H Production 1959 Austin Healey Sprite CenterLine Welding, Planes of Fame Hacienda Heights, CA
32 Cummings, Mike H Production 1964 Austin Hea Sprite DDM Cylinder Head / Red line Oil / Huffaker Eng. Hoosier Tires Martinez, CA
37 Hussey, Steven H Production Honda CR-X LinnSpeed, CW Horton Los Altos, CA
99 Isley, Jason H Production 2007 Toyota Yaris TRD/Hoosier/OS Giken/Racer.com/Driven Racing Oil Coto de Caza, CA
125 Jones, Gordon H Production 1968 BMW 1600 Mike Ohara BMW Service Tualatin, OR
33 Wittman, Gary H Production 1961 Austin Healey Sprite Tiodize/Venolia Costa Mesa, CA
93 falk, marshal H Production 1958 Austin Healey sprite tom eddleman Fullerton, CA

6 Correia, Albert F Production 1973 Porsche 914 914 club, JC Machining and Integrity Custom Finishing & Installation San Jose, CA
77 Huffaker, Joe F Production 1973 MG Midget Huffaker Engineering Petaluma, CA
4 Linn, Brian F Production Lotus Super Seven Hoosier/RedLine/Carbotech/Steve Hussey Hermosa Beach, CA
121 Okell, Bill F Production MG midget huffaker engineering, autolite, casrol, fram Victoria, BC

21 Bailey, Aaron E Production 1999 Mazda Miata BRE, Cary's Redding Tire, Carbotech Brakes Shasta Lake, CA
17 Carroll, Josh E Production 1986 Mazda RX7 Endsight Danville, CA
5 Downey, Aaron E Production 1976 Mazda RX-3 roundpeg.com/ Mazdaspeed Motorsports/ Carbotech/ JRI Shocks/ Avon Tires Rossmoor, CA
02 Droese, Brandon E Production 1983 Mazda RX7 Mariah Motorsports Goleta, CA
23 Gillespie, Keith E Production 1992 Honda Prelude Hasport Performance, Honda, Hoosier Tire Tempe, AZ
50 Gist, Gary E Production 1989 Mazda RX7 K&G Racing Del mar, CA
76 Hagerty, James E Production 1984 Mazda RX-7 Mariah motorsport.Hoosier Tire West Santa Barbara, CA
28 Jimerson, Tony E Production 1986 Mazda rx7 A.T. Mechanical, Jesse Prather Motorsports, Hoosier benicia, CA
51 Karlson, Roger E Production 1963 Elva Courier Carpinteria, CA
38 Longwell, John E Production 1997 BMW 328iS Achilles Motorsports/Hoosier Kittredge, CO
46 MENDELOVITZ, PHIL E Production 1970 Datsun 240Z Toptech Motorsports Tarzana, CA
44 Qvale, Bruce E Production 1974 Jensen Heley Palm Beach, FL
2 Royle, Philip E Production 1990 Mazda RX-7 CureSarcoma.org/Electromotive/Fuel Safe/Hoosier Winnetka, CA
20 Sturgeon, Delaney E Production 1986 Porsche 944 Raptor Motorsports, Hawk, Goodyear willcox, AZ

It should be great weather for racing too. Low to mid 70s for the highs. I do keep seeing hints of a slight possibility of some showers but not enough threat to be concerned about.

I am not too keen on having 55 cars in our group. I did find out we are at least going to have a split start.

Gary Wittman":sk0hjcz0 said:
I am not too keen on having 55 cars in our group. I did find out we are at least going to have a split start.
In the constant evolving groupings of the west coast Majors, FP is with EP and T1-3. Smaller group of cars (29 currently) is good, but driving the Lotus 7 with the Corvettes of T1 makes me pucker. I've been in touch with the CS and was told that a split start for our group would be decided if there was a consensus at the driver's meeting.

Great EP (13) and HP (9) fields - what happened to all of the FP cars that were at Thunderhill two weeks ago?

BLinn":bujgsksf said:
Great EP (13) and HP (9) fields - what happened to all of the FP cars that were at Thunderhill two weeks ago?

Two old British cars chased away all the Miata's. :lol:

Gary Wittman":2zqrxdc2 said:
....I am not too keen on having 55 cars in our group. I did find out we are at least going to have a split start.

Nor I Gary. With 55 cars we need more than a split start. We need to split the run group. Group 2 is not far behind with 43 cars. Ceci has assured me there will be something done.

Last time I ran 25A, I had IT legal suspension and cage, year old Hoosiers, and no rear wing.

Z3_GoCar":3peoqveq said:
Nor I Gary. With 55 cars we need more than a split start. We need to split the run group. Group 2 is not far behind with 43 cars. Ceci has assured me there will be something done.

I would be disappointed to see the schedule change at the last minute. :|

I suggested moving HP in with the other Production cars and T1 in with the faster GT cars to help balance the group numbers and relative speed within these groups. Unfortunately, one double dipper in GT-2 and T1 negated that suggestion. That was the best change I could come up with the lowest impact on double dippers.

It seems double dipping is one of the main factors to consider for race groupings, not just the best combination of cars or the number of cars in the groups. I would not like to be the ones to decide what classes should be in each group. It has become too complicated.

Good luck on getting the T1 double dipper out. Same thing happened at Eagles Canyon and nothing was done. if you read the GRC it seems to say no to this very thing but....... Money talks!

BLinn":2sp0c4t5 said:
Huffaker is doing the double in GTL and FP, which is why those classes are separated.

STU has one double dipper, and STL is half SM, so that leaves HP (9 cars) or T4 (9 cars) that could be moved. Not that I like running with SpecMiataTouringLite, but I would rather not get moved after already making weekend/travel plans.

Jason@SportsCar":70tgjw0n said:
BLinn":70tgjw0n said:
Huffaker is doing the double in GTL and FP, which is why those classes are separated.

STU has one double dipper, and STL is half SM, so that leaves HP (9 cars) or T4 (9 cars) that could be moved. Not that I like running with SpecMiataTouringLite, but I would rather not get moved after already making weekend/travel plans.

That's not correct STU has 2 double dippers, one in STU -> T1 in the same car and one STU -> T3 in a different car, plus one of the T4 guys is tripple dipping with AS and EP, then beside the STL -> SM double dippers there also a STL -> GT2, plus all the GT2 -> T1 double dippers. The only run group that doesn't have any crossover is T4, BSpec and SM, and SM is one of the smaller run groups too.

Z3_GoCar":g4udqo5r said:
That's not correct STU has 2 double dippers, one in STU -> T1 in the same car and one STU -> T3 in a different car, plus one of the T4 guys is tripple dipping with AS and EP, then beside the STL -> SM double dippers there also a STL -> GT2, plus all the GT2 -> T1 double dippers. The only run group that doesn't have any crossover is T4, BSpec and SM, and SM is one of the smaller run groups too.

I left out the triple dipper because he also signed up for the triple at Thunderhill, but only ran one class.

14 EP cars registered as of today.
I don't think I have had the pleasure of racing with so many cars in my own class other than the Runoffs.

Keith, racing with 14 cars in class is good but it even more fun staying on the track while doing it. :p See you there.

No updates all weekend??? Those left coast guys are slackers.

First off, Huffaker didn't bring either car and was just their to help his customers which was a huge disappointment for me. I need him there to know where I stand in FP times.

Jason Isley got things started on a cold and slightly damp track for group1 and out qualified all of the HP & GTL cars with a pretty fast lap. In the race the slick tired cars were split started behind the 30+ STU/L cars. After the first start was waved off, the gap between the two groups was reduced for the 2nd start. The GTL car of Troy Ermish got around Isley and was soon into the back of the B-Spec cars and general ST traffic. Jason wasn't far behind. It looked like a lot of traffic the entire race with 58 total starters on the 3mile track. The weather was unseasonably cool - which means low 70's and Jason and Troy set new lap records in HP and GTL, respectively. Gary Wittman was 2nd and Steve Hussey finished 3rd. Gordon Jones in his BMW 2002 was running some fast times in HP but had some troubles later in the race.

For Sat's EP/FP race, the Prod cars started in the second group of the split start behind T1-3. Josh Carroll was on the pole with Tony Jimerson 2nd. I was 3rd in Peter Morton Lotus7, followed by Qvale in the Jensen Healey, Longwell in his BMW, Gary Gist and Aaron Downey who had an issue in qualifying. At the start I figured I would be out-torqued going into T1. I was watching my mirrors and saw Downey flying up the inside and he got about a half car length in front of me as we started to brake for T1. Longwell was to the outside of me - this is the nightmare that I have driving the Lotus, getting caught in the middle of much bigger cars. I felt like Aaron moved over and into me, but he disagreed. I'm friends with Aaron, but I was pretty disappointed/pissed. I need to see someone else's video to confirm what really happened (Philip - any in-car video?). Only my rearward facing camera worked. So we all got thru it and Aaron quickly took the prod car overall lead and went on to win. I managed to soldier on with some new found toe-in and won FP and set a new lap record (good weather!).

to be continued with Sunday's wrap up...

We are all slackers. :lol: I think you managed to skim over just how fast you had the Lotus going, those EP guys were getting their feelings hurt. :wink: Philip's in-car Lap 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaG6lL61geM

Was sad to see our HP field shrink before the race even started (Craig having trouble getting his car engine back together), and even more as the weekend went on. It was great that Gordan made the trip from Oregon - but man those NPDiv guys have got to find a better trans shop, maybe if Gordon, Neil and Mike get together they could come up with enough parts to build one good unit. :twisted:

Gary was running fast, also managing to get under the old track record. 8)

Back