Two Spridget Racing Diffs -4.22 Ratio

Joel McGinley

I have two Spridget diff/pumpkin assemblies available that were not sold with my HP Bugeye. Each is a complete assembly - case/gears/etc - ready to be bolted into an axle housing and driveshaft.
#1 is a 4.22 assembly- welded, with the "thick" ring gear. It has been lightened by removing the diff gears, etc. The gear carrier has been streamlined by placing a secttion of thin aluminum tubing around it - so it doesn't drag thru the oil like an egg-beater.. The bolts, washers, bend-over tabs, holding the ring gear to the carrier have been removed, and replaced with high-strength counter-sunk Allen bolts and the carrier has been smoothed of the rough edges -all to reduce drag/windage loss of power....
#2 Is a 4.22 open diff assembly, with the "thin" ring gear. The carrier-to gear bolts/washers/tabs have been replaced as described above and the carrier smoothed somewhat to reduce oil friction/drag.
I used these in my HP Bugeye at high-speed tracks such as Daytona and Roebling Road, with much success. The gears/bearings/etc are all in "ready to install" condition. Now that I only have a street Bugeye, I offer these to the racers. Maybe $100 each?? +shipping from Florida Zip 32952. I can send photos by e-mail if you supply your address. Joel --- joeljane (at) cfl (dot) rr (dot) com

Hey Joel, I will buy diff #1. Let me know if we can get together somewhere or if i need to come and get it. Hope you are well.
Regards.. Kerry 352 455 4081

Back