Thunderhill Majors

JasonIsley99

Just over a week out from the Thunderhill Majors, currently sitting at 115 entries with 16 spread across Prod/GTL. EP seems uncharacteristically small for a west coast event. I think for the first time this year FP will be able to fill a podium. HP and GTL look strong. Looking forward to see the HP Honda Fit run.

5 Downey, Aaron E Production 1976 Mazda RX-3 roundpeg.com/ Mazdaspeed Motorsports/ Carbotech/ JRI Shocks Rossmoor, CA
61 Golden, Dennis E Production 1987 Mazda RX-7 Danville, CA
28 Jimerson, Anthony E Production 1986 Mazda rx7 A.T. Mechanical, Jesse Prather Motorsports, Hoosier benicia, CA
91 Sacks, Steven E Production 1988 Mazda RX-7 San Francisco, CA

98 Green, Ian F Production Honda CRX Si VitTuned, HPD, Craigslist Portland, OR
47 Heitman, Jess F Production 1993 Mazda Miata Woodstock Motorsports Portland, OR
77 Huffaker, Joe F Production MG Midget Huffaker HORSEPOWER Petaluma, CA
21 Okell, Bill F Production 1972 MG midget huffaker engineering, fram, autolite, castrol oil Victoria, BC

32 Cummings, Mike H Production 1964 Austin Healey Sprite Huffaker Engineering / Red line Oil / Hoosier Tires Martinez, CA
99 Isley, Jason H Production 2007 Toyota Yaris TRD/Hoosier/OS Giken/RACER.com Coto de Caza, CA
88 Lepper, Jeff H Production 2007 Honda Fit Black Armor Helmets Rancho Cordova, CA
19 Thurston, David H Production 1975 Fiat X1/9 Tustin, CA
9 Becker, Jon H Production 1967 Austin Mini Mini Part, Rubitz Martinez, CA

44 Bower, John GT-Lite 1994 Nissan Sentra Granada Hills, CA
38 Ermish, Troy GT-Lite 1971 Datsun 510 Datsun 510 Parts Outlet, REBELLO Racing Engines Tracy, CA
95 Linerud, Tim GT-Lite 1983 Volkswagen GTI Tahoe Tony's Jammin' Jerky! / Performance Fabrication Belmont, CA
6 Stout, Lans GT-Lite 2001 Nissan Sentra Loyning's Engine Service, EFM Racing, Hoosier Cornelius, OR
11 Tuttle, Tom GT-Lite 1962 Austin Healey Sprite Huffaker Engineering, Insul-therm international Inc. Windsor, CA

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/bfg ... RxFKGYkJJM
http://www.sfrscca.org/images/2015/Cale ... lsched.pdf

Jason@SportsCar":ho279ddc said:
What made you think you ever had 99? :lol:

The last 16 years that it's been on my car!

I couldn't remember if it was one number per class or one per session. But now I remember! Don't worry, I'll play nice.

Ian Green":1a4cavne said:
The last 16 years that it's been on my car!

I couldn't remember if it was one number per class or one per session. But now I remember! Don't worry, I'll play nice.

Now that the Club is selling numbers (for Majors) you will have to find a new one. :wink:

Updated entry list, picked up a few more cars. Far cry from lasts years over capacity event - where I was paddocked outside the gate on the entry road. :lol:

With the car count up to 123 this is not bad for a Major in the San Francisco Region. They have little enthusiasm for promoting a race series that is not centered on the San Francisco Region. They have made changes to the grouping from what was originally posted. That has added at least to cars to the total. The big surprise is that there are only 8 Spec Miata. This is usually a cash cow for the region. The weather predictions are looking very good. This should be a good weekend.

Guys, If any of you in EP, FP, HP or GTLite would like to experience Daytona Runoffs but know it's impossible for you to take off 3 weeks of work and tow across the US, there are TONS of cars in Florida that can be rented cheap. Race your three Majors and then find an east coast car.

Just like people who move to Florida, race cars by the 1000s live in Florida. [I am not kidding about the number of race cars.] Get qualified and then find a car to rent. Fly in and do the Runoffs for the experience of a 4 car draft going faster than you've ever gone.

Peter (who will have a GTLite car or two available at Runoffs)

Just a few days out, entry list just under 130. :(

Happy to see the weather has taken a turn for the better, looks to be a very mild and dry weekend. 8)

We still have 18 cars in Group 5,

HP = 5
FP = 4
EP = 4
GTL = 5

Looks like it's going to be in the mid 70's

racer_tim":15f2937d said:
Looks like it's going to be in the mid 70's
You're killing me. This shot of my driveway was taken today, and that is after some significant melting. I still have over three feet of hard packed snow in some places from where the idiot that does my driveway plowed it when I was in Florida. I am hoping to make the Watkins Glen race and that is in July!!

Is that a Radio Flyer I see propped up against the garage? Sounds like you have an outlet for fun rioght there.

And remember.....tell Jeannie to lift with her legs when she shovels that trailer out for you.

Dayle

Fun weekend, it was a shame more people did not make the trip. The track is so much fun to race, its kind of a long tow, but worth the trip. The upside to a small turnout (may have been as low as 100 cars) was ample covered paddock space.

Qual was an eye opener for me, I looked for a lap time on my dash that I thought would be good enough for the HP pole based on past years and when I saw it I brought it in, only to find out Mike Cummings found a big pile of speed and took the top spot. :oops:

In the race I was able to work traffic and get around Mike on the opening lap, got some cars between us and took the win. Could not match last years pace with our new found rewards weight (2:07.1 lap record last year, 2:07.6 this year), while Mike went from a 2:13.1 in 2014 to a 2:08.3 this year. :shock: Looks like there is still some speed in the LBC.

FP had a good race on Sat with Huffaker and Heitman. Joe had the lead but a miscue with a lapped car sent him diving for the grass, he recovered to finish second. Jimerson and Ermish had a pretty easy go of it in EP and GTL respectively.

On Sun I got a great start and put a pack of cars between Mike and I. Just short of half way we got a yellow for one lap so they could remove the tire Ian left on the track, which I needed because my tires were already cooked. Mike slowly started to pick off the other cars and closed the gap, had the race gone a few more laps I think we would have had me, I just held on for the win.

Huffaker took F, and I think reset the track record. EP/GTL were a carbon copy of Sat.

Despite a terrible weekend I had a blast! Most fun I've had in years. Awesome weekend. Hope to do it again next year but with more gears, tires and time spent ON the track. :applause:

Thunderhill was a lot of fun. It is nice to race with somebody and not just watch them drive away. With 8 cars entered in HP for Buttonwillow it will be another good weekend.

Back