Thunderhill Double National March 26-27, 2011

Brian Linn

I haven't heard any reports from Thunderhill.
Saturday small bore http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1815662&perclass=1
EP
1. Bruce Ackerman
2. Josh Carroll
3. Aaron Downey DNF
FP
1. Chuck Horton
2. Noel Hayward
HP
1. Neil Verity
2. Thomas Lepper - Honda Fit
3. Mike Cummings

Sunday - small bore http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1815676&perclass=1
EP
1. Josh Carroll
2. Bruce Ackerman
3. Aaron Downey
FP
1. Chuck Horton
2. Noel Hayward
HP
1. Neil Verity
2. Thomas Lepper - Honda Fit
3. Mike Cummings

Nice to see the Fit joining the party. There was a Fit registered for the Double Regional at BW this past weekend, but it turned out to be the HPD B-Spec car.

Brian, Do the GTLs run with the small prod cars? Peter

[In a way I wish GTL was a prod class. I visit this website more often than the GT site. More information.]

I saw some pics yesterday of Lepper's HP Honda Fit, and of course I liked it. Being a 4-door though, it looks even more huge than Jason's Yaris - I bet those two would draft awesome together! :lol:

Josh in EP got busted for sound on Sat and Aaron had a flat right front for race #1. Noel's clutch wasn't working the greatest, so he just cruised on Sunday's race.

Neil ran great for race #1, but I think he had a transmission issue on race #2, and just out-lasted the competition. Thom's Fit ran without any flaws all weekend, but it's a BRICK. Mike Cummings pitted a bunch of times during race #1 and I heard he lost a freeze plug during qualifying.

Peter, GTL's ran with big bore this weekend, and small bore ran with SSB, SSC, SM, T3, T2, and T1

kruck":1p892c3d said:
I saw some pics yesterday of Lepper's HP Honda Fit, and of course I liked it. Being a 4-door though, it looks even more huge than Jason's Yaris - I bet those two would draft awesome together! :lol:

I saw this photo from Buttonwillow of Derek Ferretti's Honda Fit....so we have two on the west coast. It ran a regional on Sunday and was about 1.5sec slower than the Yaris with guest driver. I thought Jason had written that this was more of a B-spec car than one prep'd to prod rules. I think this car was pictured in the B-Spec class press release along with the Mazda2.

BLinn":zzpj8cqw said:
I saw this photo from Buttonwillow of Derek Ferretti's Honda Fit....so we have two on the west coast. It ran a regional on Sunday and was about 1.5sec slower than the Yaris with guest driver. I thought Jason had written that this was more of a B-spec car than one prep'd to prod rules. I think this car was pictured in the B-Spec class press release along with the Mazda2.

That Fit is still 100% B-Spec (well as B-Spec as it can be with no actual rule set), and it had a rookie driver just like our car.

Here's Lepper's - don't know if it's built to B-Spec or HP:
197366_1941008045179_1241780889_32182280_885324_n.jpg

kruck":1koebdjh said:
Here's Lepper's - don't know if it's built to B-Spec or HP:

Cool to finally see it. From what I hear it is about where we were this time last year... A slow HP car. Now we have moved up to mid-pack. :mrgreen:

TH was fun and eventfull as usual...

In HP, Tom (HP fit) spent the weekend removing windows, interior etc...to loose some weight. Like Jason's Yaris is still 100's of lbs overweight. With non-slicks and a stock motor/trans times were very respectful. Once this car gets sorted...it will be fast....

Both races were run dry (after wet practice/qualifying on Sat). Sat was uneventful, Mike Cummings got caught in traffic and I was able to gap him for the victory. Sunday was a handicap race.... Tom (no slicks, overweight), Mike (over heating), Neil (only 4th gear)....still fun, since we were all together for a while...

Neil

Once this car gets sorted...it will be fast....
This was another car on our radar... Good trans ratios, Very good aftermarket support, not only 4 valves/cyl but variable valve timing (all kinds of tricks there!), a "real" intake/injector set-up (unlike the CRX) and 1900 lbs (I'm pretty sure we could get there)

Back