Texas Region November race at TWS

James Rogerson

Texas Region has opened registration for the SOWDiv end of 2015 (Sat double points) and first race of 2016 (Sun). Four HP cars already entered and I'm giving Eric Yagel a free ride in my Civic to make it five. Eric and Sydney Davis are getting married Friday. So, happy wedding present Eric!

They use dlbracing.com

James -r

I thought tws was gone? I really liked that place. probably the best roval I've been on for layout. needed some maintenance for sure but good fun... proud to have the GT1 record there.

It was supposed to be bulldozed over and turned into a housing development with the most recent official closure date being Nov 2014. Then it was Feb 2015. Then May. Then Dec. Now March 2016...

With the drop in oil prices and nasty rumors over contaminated soil, rare horned slamanders, indian burial grounds, and anything else the racers can come up with, it seems that the building permits to start construction haven't been granted yet, so the track stays open. A track bringing in money and employing people is better than an empty lot sitting there doing nothing....

sounds like riverside raceway up here in so cal. I think they had 2-3 'last race at riverside' weekends!! miss that place too. so much cool history and now a shopping mall...

I haven't been around here terribly long, but my understanding is this is about the 5th "Last Dance" for the track. Some of the folks at the last Vintage race I worked were cracking jokes about lining up all of the last-ever T shirts like someone did for Cher's 12094378145780 farewell tours.

Turnout is looking good. Hopefully we can get a few more???

EP
2 David Stautberg Black 1991 Mazda Miata Jon Stautberg Attorney at Law
7 Larry Svaton red 2000 Caterham super 7 over fifty motorsports hoosier t
52 Jon Stautberg purple 1989 mazda RX7 GTUS Texas Direct Auto
66 James Rogerson White 1999 BMW Z3 MSR Houston
76 Mark Buskuhl Black 1986 Mazda RX-7 HOOSIER / MAZDASPEED
77 Rick Kosdrosky Red 2000 Caterham/Lotus 7 America Kosmic Enterprises/Over Fifty Motorsports/Hoosier Tire/Summit Racing

FP
22 Charles Davis White/Red 1994 Acura Integra

HP
78 David Louw White/Blue 1974 Fiat X19
97 Don Couch Silver 1962 Triumph Spitfire DON COUCH PHOTOGRAPHY
00 Aldora Louw White/Red/Green 1980 Fiat X1/9
09 Randall Smart White 1982 Fiat X 1/9 R & R Racing

Jason@SportsCar":22neskku said:
Wish I could come up with an excuse for a trip to Texas, would love to experience TWS before its gone.

Experience it before it's gone--- there's your excuse for a trip.. :)
You could always write a pity-party article about how the SWDiv has been completely F***ed by the Majors program and call it a work visit.

Add Eric Yagel to HP. He's getting to use my Civic for 2016 for a wedding present. So, come on Jason a young guy in the car to make it go faster than the old man can.

James -r

I hope to show up to run TWS in HP... never raced there.... but will probably run a stock transmission since the race trans and clutch are in pieces for a while... Will register later once I have the car back together..

Neil Verity
#83 HP

Enjoyed my 3 laps on test and tune day before my gearbox locked up in 1st and had to pack up. Wish I coluld be there. Next time...

Back