Summit Point

This track is a blast, and the WDCRegion has been awesome. Jerry and I both went under the record this morning, but he got me by a tenth and a half (we're 5th & 6th overall). Lentz is flying in GTL, going 2nd overall. Nothing like home track advantage - haha!

Grp 1 grids set: Leigh (EP), Lentz (GTL), hinkle (FP), Amy (STL), Canfield (HP) get class poles.

2 EP cars, 2 FP cars, & 2 GTL cars all qualified within eight tenths - this should be interesting! Still thoroughly enjoying my first trip to Summit. :mrgreen:

CHECKERED FLAG: Leigh wins overall and in EP. Lentz (GTL), Ruck (FP), Broring (HP), Peter (STL) get class wins.

kruck":1fjcw071 said:
This track is a blast, and the WDCRegion has been awesome. Jerry and I both went under the record this morning, but he got me by a tenth and a half (we're 5th & 6th overall). Lentz is flying in GTL, going 2nd overall. Nothing like home track advantage - haha!

tKR
Thanks. Your first comment makes the entire effort coordinating the race weekend worthwhile.
While I would like to think that my advice on how to drive the track was the key, I will not delude myself into thinking that four words really got you to a track record.
Great job. Please come back anytime.

cheers
dave parker

What happened in the H race? Looking at the lap chart I see Randy Canfield leading through 10 then disappearing...?

In any event, congrats to all winners, wish I had been there to chase or even watch you!

Al Seim

Al Seim":4wmini72 said:
What happened in the H race? Looking at the lap chart I see Randy Canfield leading through 10 then disappearing...?

In any event, congrats to all winners, wish I had been there to chase or even watch you!

Al Seim

I suddenly lost drive to the rear wheels, with a twitch to one side, so I assume it is a broken half shaft, but haven't looked yet. If so, the first one in about 20 years.

What a great weekend. Big props to all the winners and to everyone in the small bore group.

Here's my race report over on the GT forum. Video to come tonight.

http://www.gt-racecar.com/forums/viewto ... ?f=5&t=252

summitpoint12038-1.jpg

-Kyle

Bobby great video! Love it.Great to see fence along the straight, and no more brush! Should help in taking photos and videos.I could not make the race had to work,grr.Sprman

Kyle great writeup on the weekend.Sure hope everyone had a great time! Small bore racing is the best IMHO. I should be there for the Labor day weekend races!Sprman

Back