Spridget Radiator Question

Ron Bartell

I use a Fluidyne Scirocco type radiator and was told that it can't be re-cored, so I need to replace it. Their price is $299. The Fluidyne was a good piece, but does anyone have any good experiences with other radiators of this type for about the same price or maybe even less?

The stock Rocco rad passes about 125hp . Would a stock one work?
Our cars have a stock, 30x13 , " 88 Jetta with AC rad"
I think the Rock is 27x13. tho.

I put a Champion aluminum radiator (pn EC6474 I believe) in my vintage Midget (Haynes 1275 engine) and it worked great. Bolted right in. Found it on ebay.

I have the smallest VW rad available in my car. I can measure it if you like. Both water outlets are on the left.

Griffin Radiators, used them for more than 20 years in GT1, IT and E/P. They are rebuildable and reliable. At the Runoffs they told me it would reduce my temps by 20F. It did better.

They can recreate or improve the design you have now.

http://www.griffinrad.com/

I have a Griffin Sirocco radiator in my Sirocco. Probably more cooling than I need right now but it works good.
Chuck

Thanks for all the info. I could use any extra cooling as I am right at the limit now, even though I would think that a 22 x 13 inch radiator should do te trick.

Chuck - Is your Griffin radiator the Griffin Universal fit Part Number 2-48185-H?

Ron,
I was at Rod's yesterday and got an Al radiator that's a dupe of the Ron Davis one I crushed last week. RD was $450 and this one was $300. Rod had another in stock. It looks beautiful. The Ron Davis is a double pass that's two inches thick and so is this one. It fits perfectly in the stock uprights, too. It kept my über motor at 195F all day long. I modeled the cooling straight off of Craig's 2006 car (plagarism is the sincerest form of flattery).

If he hasn't emailed you yet, give him a call. He has the trim rings, etc. you're after. He also is ordering brake rebuild kits for me and one of them is coming your way....many thanks.

Dayle

Ron, I've had good luck with the Afco 80107n. Its also around $300. Kept my FP miata cool. Its whats also going in my new gt3 car. Its called a scirooco drag radiator.
Chris

Back