Spridget Limited Slip

Bob Hess

Got a fast lady driver in our region who's restoring her father's 60s era HP Bugeye and needs a limited slip to replace the locked rear that's in it. Any out there? Thanks!

Bob

Go with a plate type LSD........not a quaiffe gear type.

I bought and tested one and it was really a POS performance wise. Maybe others have differing thoughts. Plus the Quaiffe US technical support was terrible. They wouldn't answer even the simplest question.

Jay Lutz":1deiv498 said:
Go with a plate type LSD........not a quaiffe gear type.

Listen to Jay - he's right. I had one in my car for part of a season and took it out. I went back to the locked rear and liked it much better.

Agree on all counts. Got a Quaife in our full prep car but it's been in there since 1998 and hasn't missed a beat. Got one of the old Salisbury units in our limited prep car we've been using since 1990. Got A Tranex from Bill Blust that's going into our Vintage car. No numbers on that unit but apparently the Quaife was built before they became junk. Thanks for the inputs!

Bob

Aaron.. Got busy racing and haven't gotten back to limited slips. What do you have? This lady is a nurse so I'm thinking she's looking for a good, used unit to install on her 4.22. PM me. Thanks!

Bob

Back