Sebring Nationals

Dayle Frame

For those of us in the snow belt, its time to start living vicariously through our friends racing in the sunny climbs. Any results from Sebring yet?

Dayle

Just got off the phone with Mark Weber and he had a little info.

Highlights
- Lots of STU cars-some fast, some not. Busy track!
- Kannard did a 30.? but blew up and is changing motors.
- Kullman also got in the 30s
- Ahrens ran a 37 in the afternoon after NT in the am with a broken diff
- Britton went home after doing a 30 yesterday but losing oil pressure
- Weber did a 39 but expects to be many seconds faster on Saturday as he gets used to a Miata. Can't quite figure out this right hand shifting.

Don't know anything about other classes. Mark did note that Ira was there and flew by him, as expected.

One more qualifier Saturday before the race in the PM.

BLinn":2rjk1c33 said:
thanks for the update - keep them coming.

Is that Mark's first time in his Miata?
He ran a regional at hpt last June. Otherwise yes.

EPrill":3g5c3qot said:
- Kannard did a 30.? but blew up and is changing motors.
Uck, that sucks. Good thing he brought a spare!
EPrill":3g5c3qot said:
- Britton went home after doing a 30 yesterday but losing oil pressure
Is that Austin in the Super 7? Wow, nice job. Too bad he had to pack it up though.

Just talked to Mark.

Kullman won FP. Kannard was apparently leading when he had a hub failure. Weber was second but lost a diff with 2 to go :cry: . I think he said Ahrens was then second, Stein third, Weber fourth.

Mark has sourced a diff and will run tomorrow. Don't know about Ken K.

Only thing Mark knew about E or H was that Syd lost a motor and she's finished for the weekend. :(

Kevin, yes-Britton is Austin Britton with the Lotus.

Just got home from sebring, had a great time. Had a good racing going with ken on saturday, right up till the missed shift then just could not get thing right after that. Sorry that ken had a hub failur. Today I had the pole, ken got me at the start but I got him back when he missed a shift. then my trans desided not to let me shift anymore. Well time to start hasing on the pig for next weekend, Homestead.

Lots of cars originally entered in HP, but not many ended up racing. 02 Mini Cooper never made it past tech after burning up ECU in the grid. Dwight made a qualifying run but didn't see him in either race. Pitts was originally entered HP but ran SPU. It ended up being the horsepower show with Boylans and Griffin duking it out

We brought a knife to a gun fight and were also rans, in addition to fighting mechanical problems all weekend. But ended up getting two full races run to the checkers our first time there and rolling into the trailer. Saw a lot of cars that didn't make it out of the boneyard.

Seriously challenging track.

-M

Back