SCCA logo

michael heintzman

Since National races have been made obsolete, what SCCA field logo/decal is required for the front and sides of the vehicle? I assume the National Series Logo (safe racer) is no longer acceptable.

- M

If I may rephrase the question, Since Saferacer did not include the saferacer national tour stickers in my order as requested does that mean we go back to the old SCCA Club racing stickers for 2013. Next week is race car week on the to do list. Need to know which ones to put on.

If the tech chief doesn't know..... ;)

Every national race I've been to had stacks of the national stickers at registration. At my first Nat'l, I forgot to put the SR stickers on, and a steward just happened to have a stack of them in their pocket. I stuck them on the car while sitting in grid waiting for my first qual session.

Cliff's Notes:
Don't sweat it. they'll have 'em at the track. If they don't, it's not worth the argument.

My stack was in my tech kit in the trunk of the BMW. Seen me driving the BMW since last September?

Jerry

If I may rephrase the question, Since Saferacer did not include the saferacer national tour stickers in my order as requested does that mean we go back to the old SCCA Club racing stickers for 2013. Next week is race car week on the to do list. Need to know which ones to put on.

The SafeRacer Club Racing decals are required for National events only and the either SafeRacer or the plain SCCA Club Racing decals are acceptable at Regionals. You should not be inconvenienced by the lack of SafeRacer decals next week.

Terry

Terry Hanushek said:
Jerry

The SafeRacer Club Racing decals are required for National events only and the either SafeRacer or the plain SCCA Club Racing decals are acceptable at Regionals. You should not be inconvenienced by the lack of SafeRacer decals next week.

Terry

Terry,

Just to confirm, the SafeRacer Club Racing Decals for the National Series will be required for SCCA Majors events in 2013. Is that correct?

Or, I guess I can just wait it out and read what the 2013 GCR states and take it from there.

- Michael

Michael

Just to confirm, the SafeRacer Club Racing Decals for the National Series will be required for SCCA Majors events in 2013. Is that correct?

Or, I guess I can just wait it out and read what the 2013 GCR states and take it from there.

That would be my guess as I don't have any inside information. I was referencing the 2012 GCR. If SafeRacer renews their sponsorship, I'm sure their decals will be required for Majors. I do not know if they will be redesigned for the Majors.

Terry

To summarize then, the answer is to wait for:
1. Saferacer to renew the sponsorship agreement or not and
2. the 2013 GCR to be published.

Until then it is all speculation.

Since the national season is over until next year I'll put the Club Racing stickers on since I have those.

Back