SARRC Invitational

I was entered for this in HP but couldn’t make it for a number of reasons. The biggest of which was that I was concerned about being able to get my trailer out of the yard. We have had so much rain down here recently that if I were to try and move it, I’m afraid I would end up with either the trailer or the truck, or both, getting stuck. It’s worse right now than it was last week. :(

EP
1. Kip Van Steenburg
2. Dave Karably
3. Al Pierce
4. David Smith

FP
1. Don Ahrens
2. John Mark Gray
3. Richard Anderson

HP
1. Will Perry
2. Donald McDowell
3. Sam Moore

GTL
1. John Hewell
I believe John was the only GTL starter, could have been the only entrant.

I was ‘watching’ on Racemonitor and Kip and Dave were first and second on the grid but Kip slowly pulled away from the start. He finished about 20+ seconds ahead at the finish.

Don Ahrens was noticeably faster than the rest of the FP competition and pulled significantly ahead.

Will and Sam looked to be having a heck of a race until about lap 6 or 7. Sam dropped way off after that, not sure what happened.

Will Perry told me after the race that Sam Moore bumped into the back of another car and put a small hole in his own radiator which caused him to pull off the track. Will and Sam were going after each other at the start of the race. Fun to watch even if I was behind them.

John Hewell

#29 HP/GTL Spridget

Back