Runoffs Observations .

Protech Racing

I have to say that the SCCA parts of the Runoffs were very agreeable . From the friendly faces at Registration to parking . Everyone was very nice and helped make our week very pleasant.
Our parking was directly across from the stewards house and they moved their cars so that we could fit our RV almost into our spot . No hassles and 4 cars got moved to accommodate us . Well done . Thanks to all .
I wont go into the Track itself . I wont go back .

Also!! Huge props to who ever figured out that we dont need to be 100% time certain. There is no TV and we can make the schedule as we see fit to best meet the needs of the customers.
IE, the SM race was continued past it time allotment . Great move . I dont care what the GCR says. Fix it if its broken .

Yeah SCCA. You made the correct decision. Keep it up please.

They timed out the FV race. It was a good race, as always with FV. Had a car off in a weird stop, car safely against the tires, driver out and clear and instead of using a local yellow, went full course and ended the race behind the safety car instead of a green, white, checker.

carshouston":g6z7gtyg said:
They timed out the FV race. It was a good race, as always with FV. Had a car off in a weird stop, car safely against the tires, driver out and clear and instead of using a local yellow, went full course and ended the race behind the safety car instead of a green, white, checker.
Clearly because Not Mazda

You best be careful Jimmy, talk like that might be seen as violating the SCCA conduct and social media guidelines for whatever it is that the directors don't like said out loud.

rick haynes

VIR has almost no off track events without impact . It kinda sux . The track edge is nasty, grass leads to walls. etc. That may have lead to the FV situation. IDK .
We should not have to contend with the same situation again.
I'm just happy to have stewards that see that we need to get at least half of the laps in to keep most of us happy.
This is a huge step foreward IMHO. WE should not have a hard time limit to get these races to at least 50%.

Back