Runoffs HP field

It never ceases to amaze me how the conspiracy theorists will continue their ranting long after overwhelming evidence has disproved their narrow minded cries. As the race footage CLEARLY shows, no one got screwed here, no one dropped the ball, and the longer you continue to claim it, the worse you look. Brian Linn DID win the race, and IS the deserving 2015 HP national champion. Any claims to the contrary is just a load of crap. Get over it, and move on. Everyone else has.

Craig

kruck":2f1gs2k6 said:
Until you've seen all the videos, interviewed all the witnesses, and discussed it with all the drivers, then you don't have the whole story. That's why the stewards do exactly that, and take a lot of time in doing so, before rendering their opinion. And even then, the decision is often not an easy one to make.

This is the smartest thing I've read on this thread.

Congrats to Brian Linn. Well deserved by all three drivers and this is how it shook out.

Linn clearly initiated the contact and stole the win. Linn had a perfect line of sight to see what was going to happen. He knew the VW had a run and was going to pop out. He could have went further right where there was still plenty of room, but he chose to initiate contact. Bad call, hollow victory.

AJ reached out to me on Mon and we talked last night (Tues). I appreciate him doing that. I won't speak for him, but hope that he finds the time to post on here and give his perspective. I desire to have the respect of my competitors and believe I do with AJ. I won't worry about the trolls that already know everything.

If you know AJ and have commented on this race ("screwed", "punted" and/or "initiated contact"), please contact him.

Excuse me?

Someone "initiated contact"?

I see a VW moving up track due to momentum, a puff of smoke at the initial contact, which looks damn incidental, and then a spin from the puff of smoke contact that encompassed all 3 cars. You need to remember that there is significant buffeting and vehicle movement as the draft dynamics change. It moved my 3500 pound car, and would certainly move a smaller, lighter car.

Look at how fast both cars closed on the Yaris once they hit the draft. There is a certain degree of in flight missile mechanic involved.

I don't see:

Blocking

Bad driving

Deliberate contact

In the strictest sense, the VW "won" because the yaris shortcutted the course in the chicane, and both the yaris and Lin crossed the line off the designated racing surface. But, that is why there is judgement. If the yaris had not F'd up the buss stop, the other 2 never would have caught up.

If the cars had 2 wheels, they would be motorcycles.

If politicians were honest, they would not be in office....

It was a split second, ultra close finish that could have gone a bunch of ways. No one had a hollow victory, and no one was unsportsmanlike

Scott Sanda":1cfvoghp said:
In the strictest sense, the VW "won" because the yaris shortcutted the course in the chicane, and both the yaris and Lin crossed the line off the designated racing surface. But, that is why there is judgement. If the yaris had not F'd up the buss stop, the other 2 never would have caught up.

Just to clarify a few things...

There is only a penalty for failing to negotiate the entry to the chicane "Bus Stop", not for fouling up the exit and driving in the grass which significantly kills your exit speed. :| This happen on the last lap as a result of damage from the contact in Turn 2.

5.6. Chicane: Competitors unable to safely negotiate the turn into the chicane MUST bring their car to a complete stop at the exit of the chicane before re-entering the course. Competitors MUST NOT gain an advantage by cutting the chicane; a penalty may apply.

As for crossing the finish below the yellow, pretty sure if you watch the video or look at any image you will see that I had help with that :lol: , I did not drive down there in an attempt to gain an advantage or overtake. And since the car that helped me down there was clearly not under its own control at the time it would be hard to say it willfully forced me below the yellow line - I think we were all passengers at that point.

5.14 No Racing on the Banking Apron: The Apron of the banking in the oval portion of the course, including the tri-oval, is not part of the racing surface. The double yellow
line is on the Apron. No racing or passing is allowed on or below the double yellow line. The Apron can, and should, be used only by cars with mechanical problems or which otherwise are not at racing speed. A driver who forces an overtaking car onto the Apron while a pass is being attempted may be subject to a penalty for violation of GCR 6.11.1.B, failure to provide racing room on the marked racing surface.

That's why I said there was judgement.

Technically, neither of you finished, but realistically, you both finished, and, as you say, you had help.

Also, and this is splitting hairs, by running the chicane like you did, you were off the racing surface and the normal SCCA rules apply. But, again, judgement call.

If doing what you did had made you faster, it would have been a different call :)

Also, to be clear, not criticizing, what you did was the accidental line for a lot of us over the course of the week.....

A race for the record books as was the FP Race. I was pulling for AJ as he is from Florida but from a drivers point of view I can tell you that neither AJ or Brian intended to hit each other. I was happy to here that all finished where they crossed the line. Congratulations to Brian on a SCCA National Championship and to Jason and AJ on a podium finish.

Now its all just a memory.

IMG_20150925_150525827_HDR.jpg

12106908_839430562836740_7443636675844603459_n.jpg

12079472_839526816160448_1883769687717702996_n.jpg

Today
12075021_844468265666303_6532321744121229359_n.jpg

kruck":2q4fhpb7 said:
Wow, that was fast! You in a hurry for something? :lol:

The car has to run this weekend at the Pacific Coast Road Racing Championship with a guest driver from Toyota.

Back