Rose Cup Results

Ron Bartell

How about a decent race report for the Rose Cup race. I have been on Race Monitor and MyLaps now and can't figure out what happened. Jason Isley isn't listed. Parker Johnstone did one lap of the race both days. Jamie Bestwick is in an H car again. What is going on? I have never seen such an alphabet soup of classes in one run group. Did GT1 really run with H? What is a CP2, Pro3, or SP911? The Rose Cup must be a regional? Inquiring minds......

can't help with the results, but yes the Rose Cup has been and still is a Regional (divisional now) event. Was a really big event though. lots of cars when I ran it before 2005

The Rose cup race has degenerated from it's glory days. The anti-car tree-huggers and other factors have weakened the local entry. The feature race was Specracer Ford.
Parker Johnstone had a broken rocker shaft. Jason's car was crunched by the turn 12 wall when Bestwick hit oil.

Ron Bartell":2td5z4l4 said:
How about a decent race report for the Rose Cup race. I have been on Race Monitor and MyLaps now and can't figure out what happened. Jason Isley isn't listed. Parker Johnstone did one lap of the race both days. Jamie Bestwick is in an H car again. What is going on? I have never seen such an alphabet soup of classes in one run group. Did GT1 really run with H? What is a CP2, Pro3, or SP911? The Rose Cup must be a regional? Inquiring minds......

It was alphabet soup, everything from B-Spec to GT1 in the same group, and the level of talent was all over the map. Lots of local OR classes in the mix.

As Gordon said, Parker broke a rocker shaft in the race on Friday and pulled in right away. They fixed the car, but it broke again on the opening lap Saturday. No idea what his status was on Sunday, I was already on the road home.

I took our new 2015 Yaris up for Bestwick to drive, his first road race since the 2012 Runoffs - he did manage a Baja 1000 victory during his down time - he qual 2nd on Friday, and showed steady improvement during the race. Saturday he went out for qual, on the opening lap an AS Camaro crapped itself reportedly from Turn 7 all the way to the Pro Pits. Everyone seemed to get around the track fine for the first few laps of the session, Bestwick got a little wide in Turn 12 on about his 4th lap, the car got loose, he corrected and nosed into the tire wall. Game over. :| Toyota made every effort to help get us back out there, they were going to pull a new car off a dealer lot for us to rob parts, but we decided to pack it in due to the amount of panels that needed to be replaced. Unfortunately for me this meant bringing the car home rather than leaving it up so I could return for the 4th of July Majors.

To help create a podium for HP I paid Ambrose to run his BS car in HP, imagine his delight when he got two wins. :lol:

I had not been to an event at PIR in about 20 years. I seem to recall as a kid the Rose Cup being a big deal, that is certainly not the case anymore. I think the event had about 100 cars, although if it had any more I am not sure where they would put them because the paddock was crammed. It was kind of cool to see spectators at a Club Race, and there was a good number of them even without a big class to draw them in. It has the potential to be something big again, but they need a headliner, and to get the city behind it again.

11406352_10206429396121138_2828854677098651824_o.jpg

11391320_785269444919519_4630676868249429865_n.jpg

11535664_786631978116599_8280404559805874935_n.jpg

Back