Robert Frank

Bruce Frank

It is with much sorrow I post of the passing of my father, Robert Frank. He had a lifelong love of cars and racing, starting at an early age. He once traded a Whizzer motor bike bought with paper route money for a Model A in boxes and assembled the car by himself. He started going to races in the mid-50’s at places like Eldora, Winchester, and Indianapolis among others. He was a fan of open wheel, sports cars, stock cars, sprints and midgets. Raising six kids meant his own racing was on hold until he started running an Austin Healey Sprite in the 80’s. He started off Autocrossing then progressed to running G Production in SCCA Club Racing. He had several regional class wins, a podium at the June Sprints and set the GP lap record at Putnam Park. He eventually parked the Sprite then allowed me to get my start in it. He supported his son’s racing and taught me a lot about working on and driving the Sprite. I would not be able to race without his support and I am eternally grateful. My Dad always boasted how he had the fastest lap in the family at Indianapolis to which we would remind him it was in a ride along, and he was in the back seat.

Sounds like a fantastic racer and a wonderful human being! Condolences to you and your family.

Every time you race, he will be there.

Back