Reputable car shipping company

Steve Eckerich

Need to ship a car from CT to NC. Anyone have a company they have used east coast that is reputable?
Running, easy load.
Thanks

I've used Intercity a couple of times. Prices were competitive and their handling of the car was immaculate. I was less than pleased with the service this last time, though, as it took a month to get a pickup and a couple of promises for dates were broken in the meantime.

Oh gosh, no need to use a broker. In fact, you're likely to wind up with a crappy carrier. I made the mistake of letting a corporate mover choose a carrier for my MGA once. It cost almost double what Intercity would have charged and they picked it up on a flat bed, stored it outside at a terminal, put it in a covered truck, then delivered it on a flat bed from a terminal. In at least two of those transfers (and maybe during storage) it got caught in a torrential downpour that soaked the interior. And, of course, nobody bothered to dry it out. After a two week travel time, it arrived stinking of mold and mildew.

Intercity and the other "classic" car carriers will put it in the truck at your door and deliver it to your door on the other end. Much less handling involved and much more care taken. There are others to try (no personal experience), too. Fed Ex has a division that does it, Horseless Carriage, Passport, Reliable, are all names I've seen out there. Many will allow you to get quotes online. I think you'll find the quotes will be pretty similar. Expect about $1 per mile.

Hi Steve
Please use one of those a**hats on "Shipping Wars". I'd love to see your reaction on film.
We usually use Reliable for the show car.
Jerry

jmonaghan":26yeragu said:
Hi Steve
Please use one of those a**hats on "Shipping Wars". I'd love to see your reaction on film.
We usually use Reliable for the show car.
Jerry

You have known me long enough to know exactly what I would do. :lol: Will check the carriers noted, and yes Jerry, Vicki bought another race car.

Just to follow up for others reference. After talking with a few companies we went with Intercity and they are a first class operation. First call to delivery was 6 days and they picked up the car on time and delivered exactly as stated. Highly recommended.

Jarret finally made two deliveries on time in one trip, granted he did have to have the shipper tie the formula car down for him because he had no clue, but he did get it to Vegas on time. Now Mark, on the other hand, will leave your car on his flatbed uncovered in a hail storm.

Back