Remote Oil Filter

James Wiley

Looking to install a remote oil filter set-up on our HP Midget. Nothing fancy, just the adapter for the block, plumbing, and the spin-on filter holder. Anyone have something decent that you'll part with?

Thanks

James Wiley

James, I'll try to help. Please advise which engine you are using and the type of plumbing/hoses you have - or want. For example, I have a street Sprite with a 948 engine. I tapped the "oil out" fitting at the left/rear/top to 3/8 pipe and installed a hose barb for 3/8 inch rubber hose. My remote mount oil filter is bolted to the inside of the right fender, and then the oil goes to a small oil cooler. The oil returns to the engine via the 2-bolt fitting at left/lower/center. Here I cut up the stock adapter for the stock cartridge filter and installed a 3/8 hose barb.
For the race engines, I used "-8" Aeroquip-type braided hose- bigger hose, more secure fittings.
I have a remote filter mount with -8 male fittings that I don't need and you can have cheap but I don't know if this will fit into your plans. (Since I have only run 948 engines I don't know if these work on a 1275 if you are running one.) Let us know. Joel

As above really, am after a shot of the tool to remove the oil filter cap on a e36 if any of you knid chaps have one.

Back