Quartermaster or Tilton

kfreiheit

I am looking at clutches right now and was wondering if I could get some real world experience. Its for a FP/STL miata.

Right now I am looking at quartermaster V drive 5.5" twin disc, quartermaster pro 5.5" twin disc and tilton twin disc.

QM- V drive looks like the cover and case are one part and that the pressure plates float?
QM- Pro looks like the the cover and case are separate and the pressure plates are in a groove?
Tilton- looks similar to the v-drive.

Wondering if there are many real world differences, engagement, wear, cost of ownership?

Thanks.

Kyle

Neither. Look up powertrain technologies clutches. This is what all of my guys use. Email me so I can provide details on why these clutches surpass both quartermaster and tilton.

jesse prather 34 at gmail dot com

kfreiheit":221q285b said:
I am looking at clutches right now and was wondering if I could get some real world experience. Its for a FP/STL miata.

Right now I am looking at quartermaster V drive 5.5" twin disc, quartermaster pro 5.5" twin disc and tilton twin disc.

QM- V drive looks like the cover and case are one part and that the pressure plates float?
QM- Pro looks like the the cover and case are separate and the pressure plates are in a groove?

Wondering if there are many real world differences, engagement, wear, cost of ownership?

Thanks.

Kyle

STL requires OE diameter clutch and pressure plate.

Jason@SportsCar":3fp3qphm said:
kfreiheit":3fp3qphm said:

Thanks.

Kyle

STL requires OE diameter clutch and pressure plate.

Yea,
I have a couple of flywheel/clutch combos now(just in case) but the way the plans are going I think the car will be more competitive in FP. I have been teetering this fence for awhile and 1.6L mazda in STL looks like a uphill battle. Except for maybe mid ohio?

Kyle

Back