Pueblo Majors off the schedule?

VWRalf

http://pueblomotorsportspark.net/index.html

(Copied from above link in case it gets edited once the city takes over.)

Effective December 31, 2015 FAASST Motorsports will be ceasing operations at Pueblo motorsports Park

The Faasst Motorsports operations contract has not been renewed with the City of Pueblo, in spite of our attempts and requests to do so.

When asked to discuss our renewal, we proposed $1.5 Million in park improvements and asked for a long term lease for proper return on investment. Faasst had acquired investors and partners eager to make these park improvements a reality.

The suggested improvements included:

- Replacing the drag strip timing system and scoreboards with a new updated system
- Rebuilding the road course out and around the drag strip (no more T10 issues)
- Widening and repaving the long drag return road
- Incorporating the new long drag return road into a new and longer road course design
- Rebuilding and repaving the entry road to the park
- Improving the road course run off areas with the addition of gravel traps
- Building a skid pad, a kart track and a moto-x track inside the facility
- Improved bleacher seating and improved pit / paddock parking surface
- Pit garages, additional storage and more....

The Pueblo City Council questioned our ability to make the improvements and said "no" to a long term lease. They then decided to put the park back out on RFP. Our investors and partners, therefore, have removed themselves from the park improvement project. It will not happen.

Faasst Motorsports has been invited to bid on the future track operations. We are choosing not to.

If you have dates reserved at PMP for 2016, there are no contracts in place and no deposits being held. You are free to work with the new track operator once the City chooses one, or you may move your 2016 dates to another racing facility. Keep in mind, the RFP will be public Jan 1, bids are due Jan 29. The operator selection process will begin Feb 1 and the selection / contract negotiation process can take weeks or months.

We wish the City of Pueblo the best with the operations of Pueblo Motorsports Park.

- Faasst Motorsports

unfortunate. although it certainly does need some work i liked the basic bones of the track...

No no, the event isn't canceled that I'm aware of.

Dave Balingit is the local NASA Guy. Here's his take:

Last night the City Council voted to not do an automatic renewal of the contract w/Fasstt that expires at the end of this month. By doing so, the bid for contract is open to RFP.

I believe the intention of Fasstt is to submit a bid for the next contract. There is a group from the drag racing community that is working on a bid as well. If anyone else would like to submit a bid, they may contact the City of Pueblo.

Regardless of which of the two groups listed above wins the next contract, the road course operations will continue and should prosper as it has over the past few years.

That was my take on it from all of the council meetings I have attended and meetings with the drag racing representatives.

You can read more on this thread on the colorado forum:

http://coloradoscca.org/msg/viewtopic.p ... 5d38985df3

Is the Pueblo Majors off the schedule?

Until the operation of the track is resolved, which may be February, I can't say.

I'd refer all questions about this to Jim Christian.

Back