Pueblo Invitational June 16-17

EPrill

The Pueblo Invitational (including EP, FP and HP) is now open for Registration. Schedule and Registration links available at the event page. http://www.scca.com/events/index.cfm?eid=3844

The May event at TMS had the first Invitational component, but the Pueblo weekend will be the first-ever full Invitational schedule, with the right mix of testing opportunity, practice, qualifying and races based on driver input.

This event will be a feature weekend for the Majors Championship classes, including EP, F500, FF, FM, FP, FV, HP, SM, SRF and STU. These 10 classes will be arranged into five race groups to maximize the class racing experience for the doubleheader National/Majors race weekend. Also included will be a special qualifying race Sunday Morning (gridded by Saturday’s fast race laps) to set the lineup for the final points races of the weekend.

Both Saturday’s and Sunday’s point races will feature victory laps and podium ceremonies. There will be a professional announcer on site to call all of the action.

Here’s the best part about the Pueblo event—the track was just repaved in the last month, which means one of the more entertaining course layouts in the middle part of the country is now something that it hasn’t been for years—SMOOTH! Expect a lot of track records to be in jeopardy. Don’t miss the opportunity to put your name in the record books!

The track is holding an open test day on Friday. Price is $150. I know there is an effort being made to secure a location for people to park their rigs between Pueblo and High Plains, should anyone want to only make the trip to Colorado once with their rig. That's my plan.

Hope to see a lot of people there. Realize it's the same weekend as the Sprints and some make that an annual trip. However, this will be a great racing weekend!

Who's in for FP? I know Bob C and Rick Harris will be there. How about Paul J, Little Bill, Innes, Bobby B, others?

I'll be there, and I'm not even racing that weekend. Can't wait to see the track with the new pavement and turn 9-10 reconfigurement.

Pueblo is at the top of my list of favorite tracks. For those that have never seen he track I found this basic video. Can't wait until Prill gets there and posts some real video!!

http://youtu.be/KOjNS1JzWRA

There's no race gas at the track.

Chief Petroleum in Colorado Springs has 110 leaded, and I think I saw 100 unleaded at a different pump.

To get there, take I25 to the Cimmaron exit (141) and at the light, go left towards the mountains (west). On Cimmaron, take the first light right on 8th (north), then the first left (west again), then left (south) on 10th and drive straight into the fenced parking lot. Walk in the door and ask for the key for the 110 pump.

Not a ton of room for trailers, just FYI, parking is tight down there. If you take your rig, plan on walking your tanks over to the pump and back. I took just my pickup with no problems.

I paid $7.44 for 110 leaded last week. There's an online coupon at their website for $0.25 per gallon discount.
http://chiefpetroleum.com/

Come on down!

EPrill":zomb9hgm said:
I know there is an effort being made to secure a location for people to park their rigs between Pueblo and High Plains, should anyone want to only make the trip to Colorado once with their rig. That's my plan.

How many spare transmissions do you have to bring to have a chance of pulling that off? :lol:

Jason@SportsCar":4zsj6xe0 said:
EPrill":4zsj6xe0 said:
I know there is an effort being made to secure a location for people to park their rigs between Pueblo and High Plains, should anyone want to only make the trip to Colorado once with their rig. That's my plan.

How many spare transmissions do you have to bring to have a chance of pulling that off? :lol:
Jerk

blamkin86":1dt06ujx said:
There's no race gas at the track.

Chief Petroleum in Colorado Springs has 110 leaded, and I think I saw 100 unleaded at a different pump.

To get there, take I25 to the Cimmaron exit (141) and at the light, go left towards the mountains (west). On Cimmaron, take the first light right on 8th (north), then the first left (west again), then left (south) on 10th and drive straight into the fenced parking lot. Walk in the door and ask for the key for the 110 pump.

Not a ton of room for trailers, just FYI, parking is tight down there. If you take your rig, plan on walking your tanks over to the pump and back. I took just my pickup with no problems.

I paid $7.44 for 110 leaded last week. There's an online coupon at their website for $0.25 per gallon discount.
http://chiefpetroleum.com/

Come on down!
They'll have fuel. Getting some gt100 and have leaded Sunoco. Waiting for octane confirmation.

EPrill":222jwa2y said:
Jason@SportsCar":222jwa2y said:
EPrill":222jwa2y said:

Jerk

This might work better for you:

46954958.jpg

From the PMP website FAQ - there is a drag race Friday evening

PMP sells Sunoco brand race fuels.
Fuel can be purchased at the track Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 4:00 pm and during any drag racing event.
The fuels on hand are:
Maximal (116 octane) - $15/gal
Supreme (112 octane) - $10/gal
Standard (110 octane) - $9/gal
260 GTX (unleaded, 98 octane) - $9/gal

I'd check the track for availability

Jason Abney
Operations Manager
Pueblo Motorsports Park
Cell Phone: (719) 553-2790
Office: (719) 553-2787

How many spare transmissions do you have to bring to have a chance of pulling that off? :lol:[/quote]
Jerk[/quote]

This might work better for you:

46954958.jpg
[/quote]

Ouch!
:doh: :doh:

EPrill":3ovd59zp said:
Pretty bold post from a dude that races a Yaris

It takes a bold person to man up and race a Yaris. :lol:

But its all about that Toyota reliability. How many of your races have you finished this year? :boohoo:

A Miata driver calling out the manliness of another mans car....

....now I've seen everything. :D

kruck":3a74xzhn said:
A Miata driver calling out the manliness of another mans car....

....now I've seen everything. :D
I know! I never thought anyone would race a car worse, but, well, there ya go!

Back to more official business, Jason at Pueblo confirmed that they have the cadre of Sunoco leaded fuels, as well as ordering in some barrels of 260 GT for those of you that prefer light beer.

OK thats it, i am calling Rogerson and telling him to bring the "HONDA" so he can have adog in this man up stuff :applause:

Larry Svaton":2sesg8pi said:
OK thats it, i am calling Rogerson and telling him to bring the "HONDA" so he can have adog in this man up stuff :applause:

Did his Doc let him off the couch yet?

Back