Props for the runoffs coverage

disquek

I've watched a few of the runoffs videos and I'd like to say thank you to the folks that made it possible.

I wasn't a fan of the move from TV to webcast, but I have to admit I'm convinced now that this is better.

Also, the broadcasters, commentary, production quality, and video quality are excellent.

So kudos to the crew that got that done!

-Kyle

Don't know what the cost is. The fact that we still get Dorsey and Creamer makes it livable. The first year it was on web and we had other comentators I wasn't as much of a believer. I watched a number of the races live and checked back in on a number of them after it was all over and I agree that the production quality is very near the TV broadcast quality, they did a very good job. Another plus for me is the 20" computer monitor, it's almost the size of a TV. :)

We also enjoyed the live coverage when we could see it. Now that all the races are posted on the web, we've gone back and watched a few.

Hopefully the full race set will be available on DVD for purchase as in years past. It makes a wonderful Christmas gift at my house. (Plus, then you can watch it on the TV, and not have to sit at the computer!)

Kelley Huxtable
"PLAY SAFE"
DMVR

It's high time for another racing network, not aimed at Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck. There 's more racing I want to see, for example GP3, more US road racing feeder series, and say more cool stuff like dirt, and asphalt modifieds, flat track bikes, Pikes Peak, Bonneville, and so-on.

As for Speedcasttv, it has gotten better each year with the quailty of picture, this year was a big improvment, for the fact I can view the runoffs races live, and not have to wait months to see them, I see Speedcasttv as big improvement , over Speed TV.

Just a quick note. SpeedCastTV is run by Clark Cambern and is done out of Lansing, MI. He is a former SCCA FF guy and a super nice dude. I've had the pleasure of meeting him a few times and they have a cool operation. Send him a note through the website about how much you like it and sign up for watching other events. They do a fabulous job.

Dayle

KelleyHux":1eawvw0k said:
We also enjoyed the live coverage when we could see it. Now that all the races are posted on the web, we've gone back and watched a few.

Hopefully the full race set will be available on DVD for purchase as in years past. It makes a wonderful Christmas gift at my house. (Plus, then you can watch it on the TV, and not have to sit at the computer!)

Kelley Huxtable
"PLAY SAFE"
DMVR

Kelley, you guys need to get a computer with a DVI or HDMI output, or (like I've got) an HDMI output for my phone. I watched the Runoffs on my flat screen in the living room. :D

I hate watching DW, who still talks like he is still racing, and listenining to Larry Mac, he sounds like a kid going thru puberty, NASCRAP is the most boring racing show on the tube, it is like football, pre game, post game, out of bounds , playoffs and the like, how long will it be before they have a black and white striped car running around on the apron of the track throwing yelow flags, gotta go now monster truck jam is getting ready to come on !!!! :lol: :lol:

Seems like this was predictable, given that Speed is going away. But, if NBC gets F1, that would be an upgrade. Especially if its on regular NBC. I could drop cable entirely. More money for tires!

http://jalopnik.com/5951245/speed-will- ... good-thing

You would think this would introduce a wider audience to road racing too.

Of course with ISCAR screwing up sports car racing in america (Sorry Rob) I tend to wonder what our future will be. I don't ever see a DP at LeMans.

-Kyle

Back