Prod Party anyone?

Dayle Frame

OK....registration has opened and sop now we turn to the annual; question. Who's going to take the mantle and carry on the tradition of the prod party? There's going to be an shitpile of FL and SEDiv guys who know the area, know people and can arrange things. I'll kick in the first $50 to the kitty and offer what guidance I can from afar. It worked pretty well out at Laguna Seca last fall.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?.......

Dayle

I'm In. Will be working Paddock, but figure you can be bought so will throw in the $50 to start it off.

We are going to be in Daytona for the SEDIV double SARRC on the 8th and 9th of August. If someone will decide what is needed for the Prod Party I'll try to find out who can supply whatever is needed. There is a bar/ restaurant in the Fan Zone that might be able to provide everything that's needed. Don't know that for a fact but the gal who runs that unit has been doing it for a long time. Things like beer, food, etc. I need to know. No guarantee on anything but can put whoever takes on the role of "King of the Prod Party" in touch with enough folks to make it happen.

Bob

Bob Hess":3gtkdq9j said:
I'm In. Will be working Paddock, but figure you can be bought so will throw in the $50 to start it off.

We are going to be in Daytona for the SEDIV double SARRC on the 8th and 9th of August. If someone will decide what is needed for the Prod Party I'll try to find out who can supply whatever is needed. There is a bar/ restaurant in the Fan Zone that might be able to provide everything that's needed. Don't know that for a fact but the gal who runs that unit has been doing it for a long time. Things like beer, food, etc. I need to know. No guarantee on anything but can put whoever takes on the role of "King of the Prod Party" in touch with enough folks to make it happen.

Bob

I'll send an email with details about hosting the gig.

Dayle

Please don't confuse me with the host. No time in the schedule. I will be asking around to see if anyone is interested in being the contact point.

Bob

We all realize that everyone's busy........so the way to skin this cat is to crowd source it. Put a bunch of folks in charge of a specific aspect of the gig.

Fund raising
Sponsorship
Location (maybe DIS can make suggestions)
Food (entrees and sides)
Beverages (sodas, water)
Beer (maybe a keg and suggest folks bring a microbrew from their area)
Support items (tables, serving utensils, etc.)

When you break it out, it's not too tricky. Hell, I'll volunteer for the fund raising part.

My guess is some a of the FL guys know caterers or restaurant supply folks who can give us stuff at cost. Maybe there's a team that knows a beer or soda supplier. Put your thinking caps on see what pops out.

Dayle

If you are thinking of having it at the track you should check with AmeriCrown. They are the "official" (read as ISC/NASCAR owned) caterer of the track. It will be difficult to hire anyone else to cater at the track unless it has been addressed in the agreement with SCCA.

Having that type of party at the Clubhouse on Lake Lloyd (the infield lake) would be pleasant. Room for approximately 80-100 and right on the water.

Having it in the "Daytona 500 Club" in the infield building behind the Victory Lane would be good, too. Probably room for 250 or so.

There are a number of places relatively close to the track that a party could be held.

We know AmeriCrown from our dealings with MIS.....it is highway robbery........$64 for a case of soda? No need to get them involved.

This gig doesn't need an offsite location. Last year Huffaker had it near their paddock spot. An out of the way location with some parking for golf carts, pit scooters, etc. will do. I'm assuming that some teams will be paddocking next to each other........this is a perfect location. Set up some tables, a couple of grills and we're ready to rock.

Dayle

OK guys... What we know now: Unless someone out there just won a huge lottery forget the 500 Building. Agree on the contract food/beverage folks but would you consider having CFR cater the food and possibly the beer? Will know more about that availability weekend after next if not sooner. We are checking the status of the Geico building on the lake. There is space inside and on the patio. The chance of rain would make being able to go inside a good deal. As of now there is not a use for that building and it has an outside bar and restrooms. Driver/worker parking for the event is just across the street. If you want to "rough it" the grid is empty at night except for the two night races at the end of the week. Bring a big tent, tables, etc. and you're good. Only problem with that is the restrooms are on the far side of the Purple paddock in the Medical building.

Will get info to you as soon as we get answers back. Trying to get the real story on the building and contacts as soon as we can.

Bob

Bob makes a good suggestion in having CFR cater the event. They have a club member whose family provides all the regular race event worker lunches. They do a great job at a reasonable cost. Most any area outside the garages will do including the grey/black 40x40 spots by Lake Lloyd. If several prod guys are together, it would be a good place. There's parking near it.

I would not count on using any of the Daytona facilities. Make sure there are provisions for clean up afterwards no matter what area is used.

Dayle,
Peter Shadowen, Doug Christensen and I have (3) 40x40 joined spaces on the east end of Lake Lloyd. If we setup in a U-shaped fashion we could have nice room.

Maybe it could be an official unofficial a place for a party?????????

I'm just saying. Peter

Perfect......and as a director, you'd add some gravitas to our plans. Thank you for the offer. I'll contact you offline and walk you through some things. In fact we can discuss it face to face when you come to MIS next month, right?

So we have a location.......and a fund raiser (me). I can accept funds three ways. One, via PayPal to my email account ([email protected]). Two, via check which can be mailed to my home address (email me offline and i'll give that to you). Three, via cash at the dance. Let me know how much you'd like to donate so I can properly budget things but you can always wait until the dance to give me the money (and if you don't you'll be publicly shamed on this forum :cry: ).

So Don, pony up your donation and we'll add it to my initial $50. C'mon folks.....let's get the ball rolling.

Dayle

Peter's location is right around the corner from the Paddock Marshal's paddock row which will have the CFR food program on the other end. Easy catering if we can set it up. By the way, is a gravitas a good thing...?

Bob

A couple of quick updates....

1. Charlie Leonard reached out to me Friday afternoon concerning the party. Unfortunately I was driving my rig over to Road America at the time. I will contact him later today now that the dust has settled on that race. We'll get this ball rolling.

2. I'm going to contact Peter Zekert later today and coordinate with him so this runs smoothly. As he and other GTL guys are hosting this gig, it will now be known as the GTL/Prod party.

3. We have $100 in the kitty. Let's cough up some coin and make this a party worthy of Daytona and Florida in general. Remember, this party supports the worker corps who travel to this race (and hundreds of other events) on their own dime. It is the very least we can do to help subsidize their expenses. Please send donations to my PayPal account ([email protected]). Last year the left coast guys stepped up BIG TIME and raised $2000 for the workers. As this event could have 50% more cars, let's do our best to dwarf that number.

Dayle

Dayle... Peter's offer is a good one on location. The track is real sticky on not using their catering group so we've been advised to fly under the radar. Don't think it's a big deal as they say "feeding your own drivers and crew is OK". Aren't all of us "crew" for somebody?

Bob

Has a day been decided on? Thought I saw it posted somewhere but just went through this again and did not see it.

It looks like Monday and Wednesday are the choices. Tuesday is out since the SM race is after dinner and we'd have a low turnout. What say Mr. Zekert, Shadowen and Christensen? Wednesday would give us more time to coordinate our efforts. But the FP/HP guys hit the track at 8:40 Thursday morning.

Thoughts anyone?

PS-keep the donations coming folks. We have a good start going and need to keep the momentum. Send donations via PayPal to my email account ([email protected]).

Dayle

Donation sent Dayle. I may be there for the weekend and will miss the party, but looking forward to my first runoffs next year!

I am going to Daytona tomorrow and will be talking to the Dawson's (CFR catering) over the weekend. I have known them for many years so if anyone wants me to relay any info, let me know. You can text me at 904-six one two - 8 2 six five.

Back