Past Prod Party Sweet Potatoe Dish Recipe

Chris Crisenbery

Past Prod parties someone brought a sweet potatoe dish that I think had nuts in it or something else kind of crunchy and I would like to make it for Thanksgiving. If anyone knows the recipe or can put me in touch with the chef I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Chris

Thank you All,

Rob I would love to have your wifes as well, so please feel free to email or PM it to me.

I'm always trying to fix new dishes for the Holidays as I hate to repeat.

Chris

Jack’s Sweet Potato Casserole

1-23 oz can of sweet potatoes, drained and mashed (Yeah, they don't come in that size for the most part; it isn't a big deal)
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup of milk
1½ cups of sugar
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup Jack Daniel’s Whiskey

Mix and pour into a buttered 8” square casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. A deeper pan is better (this is messy to make).

Topping:
½ cup butter, melted ½ cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup of chopped pecans ¾ cup of cornflakes

Mix topping ingredients and pour over casserole mixture. Return to oven for 15 minutes.
A couple of caveats about this recipe:
1) I generally do not use Jack Daniels. I find that just about any type of whiskey works just fine.
2) Mix the dry ingredients first, otherwise the spices don't mix into the mixture very well.
3) It is very sloppy when you are cooking it. Using a little more sweet potatoes than the recipe calls for is not a problem.
4) This does GREAT in a crock pot that you can put in the oven, and then actually crock pot it for keeping it warm. It gets better with a couple of hours of extra heat.

SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE TOPPING
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup flour
2 eggs lightly beaten 1/2 cup melted butter
1 tbl. spn. vanilla 1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter
Combine ingredients. Pour into a buttered 1 1/2 to 2 qt. casserole dish. Mix topping ingredients together and sprinkle over top. Bake at 350d for 30 to 40 minutes until hot and brown. Serves 6 to 8.

Back