OVR Autumn Classic @ Mid-Ohio - 200+ entrants and counting

Would you look at this field of Prod and GTL cars for a regional!

Think people are gonna be excited for the Run Offs back at Mid Ohio next year?

81 Albright, Fred E Production 1979 Mazda RX7 HIPPI Racing Tipp City, OH
1 Alspach, Phil E Production 1983 Mazda RX-7 tcr GROUP TIRE SERVICES/WEYLAND CORP - BUILDING BETTER WORLDS Columbus, OH
84 Feineigle, Lee E Production 1968 Datsun 2000 F & R Imports Van Buren, OH
14 Johnson, Aaron P E Production 2001 Honda S2000 Peter Morton Martinsville, IN
71 Lincoln, Clark E Production 1971 Triumph GT6 EP Lincspeed Design Dexter, MI
21 Lunder, Scott E Production 2003 BMW Z4 Carbotech Brakes Willoughby, OH
2 Simmons, Daniel E Production 1992 Honda Prelude Track First, Kris Radio Quality Kars, HPD, Elite TNT Enterprises Mansfield, OH
18 Wise, Keith E Production 2005 Mazda RX-8 Auto Inovations Newark, OH

47 Bednarz, David F Production 1993 Mazda Miata Dynomax Performance Exhaust Ann Arbor, MI
85 Frank, Brian F Production 1980 Ford Fiesta FAST Racing/ Valvsys Eaton, OH
98 Grimes, Lee F Production 1988 Honda CRX Si 100 Speed Driving Events Burlington, KY
31 Haynes, Rick F Production MG Midget Midwest Motor Sports Hebron, OH
46 Kristoff, Ryan F Production 1969 Triumph Spitfire MKIII Team Triumph / Team Tuna Farmington, MI
13 McAllister, Mark F Production 1992 Mazda Miata McAllister Sign Webster, NY
30 McAllister, Scott F Production 1988 Volkswagen Golf Brockport, NY
11 Morton, Peter F Production Lotus 7 Creative Threads / Autsin & Hayley Milford, MI
99 Vestrand, David F Production 1990 Mazda Miata Vestrand Consulting LLC Oakland, MI
5 Walker, Joe F Production 1965 Lotus Super 7 Walker Racing Richland, MI
19 Walker, John F Production MG B Walker Racing Richland, MI
52 Workman, Mason F Production 1990 Mazda Miata FP Planet Miata/Hoosier/Mazdaspeed Reynoldsburg, OH

87 Pintaric, William GT-Lite Nissan 200SX Kryderacing;WRP Investments,Inc Youngstown, OH
61 wright jr, wilson GT-Lite 2006 Nissan sentra Stockbridge, MA

44 Bennett, Michael H Production 1960 Austin Sprite Grafton, OH
12 Brannon, Marnie H Production 1980 Fiat X1/9 Midwest-Bayless Italian Auto Columbus, OH
09 Ellenwood, David H Production 1987 Volkswagen Jetta GLI S2 Learning, Ltd. Belpre, OH
34 Frank, Bruce H Production 1964 Austin Healey Sprite FAST Racing Crystal Lake, IL
79 Hardesty, James H Production 1986 Honda Civic Hatchback Red car is for sale Xenia, OH
83 Heinritz, Ted H Production Ford Fiesta Aldan, PA
80 Hileman, Scott H Production 1984 Volkswagen gti New Albany, OH
40 Sestili, Michael H Production Honda Civic HB Buckeye Vodka, LaFond Racing, Tangletown Automotive Lakewood, OH
37 Stine, Jason H Production 1961 Austin Healey Sprite Hoosier/Stine Motorsports/Stinnett, Padrutt & Aranyosi/Taylor Race Engineering/Red Line Oil Broadview Heights, OH
3 Zanner, Erick H Production Austin Healey Sprite JDM Investment Counsel/Electric Power & Control Columbus, OH
43 murphy, timm H Production Honda Civic HB Murphy Brothers Remodeling Coraopolis, PA

Yup, unfortunately I'm out. I'll be there Sunday spectating, and I'll be sure to stop by and say hi to you guys.

Will actually be in Columbus this weekend and had hoped to make it up to Mid-Ohio for at least half a day, but doesn't look like that's gonna happen. Too much to do, and not enough time. :(

One point of note. That should be John Walker in first. The b had exhaust issues on Saturday morning so he drove the lotus

Ok...videos are posted
Saturday qualifying...no video as i apparently can figure out how the video works about 75% of the time.
This was the first time I've driven the honda so the session was just to figure out how the car works and feels. I knew it was going to be ugly, and i just tried to stay out of the way while i figured it out. I had problems with my connection of my brain, to my foot to the brake pedal and the subsequent feedback. I must have locked the right front for about 600 feet without even knowing it. The tire was impressive, through to the metal, probably the worst i've seen from a brake lock up. The hoosier guys said i needed to replace it, but we all agreed it probably had one more session in it. I've put a picture below. let me know what you think.

Saturday race
https://youtu.be/vHE48rAd-k0

I started to feel the car out, started 14th, finished 9th. It was an uneventful race except for the spin in 1 while i continue to understand how the car works. Picking one section of the track at a time to pick up the pace. The spin was pretty benign, about 90 deg and back running. cost me a bit, but made some of that back up to 3rd in E.

Sunday qualifying race
https://youtu.be/JbcVlIl62C8
I'm starting to feel better in the car, started 9th, finished 6th and almost caught Scott Lunder on the Last Lap. Did a 1:39.6, still faster ever session. nothing eventful.

Sunday Race
https://youtu.be/oYIJzoi9KA8
The race was good. I got a great start, and was up to 2nd overall by lap 3. In the keyhole, I had a little contact with Ryan Kristoff in the yellow spit, his left front hit my right rear tire as i came down for apex, not enough room for 2 cars, we both continued without issue. On lap 6 or so, I spun into turn 5 and ended up on the inside, dropped 4 spots and had to work back through them again. Set my fastest lap of the weekend on the last lap of the race at a 1:38.5...still way off the EP pace, but Runoffs record is a 1:34.0, so i don't feel too bad about the weekend. The car is in one piece and it was a blast to drive!

Back