Other random runoffs discussions

No idea. :think:

So....that SRF session was really long this morning, huh?! :lol:

SRF: Sup wit dat? Changing the runoffs schedule on the fly?

And if it wasn't supposed to be 30 mins, I hope the fast lap wasn't set in the last 10 minutes ....

-Kyle

Also, varying conditions ....

I wonder how much of that is the sand. I'd guess that a windy day and you're looking at Baja 500'esque experience?

Anyone else find it odd that Huffaker is faster in GTL than he is in FP? A whole second faster ....

-Kyle

*tokenprodboarddisclaimer: This post is meant to be strictly a light-hearted joke. It is not personal against any human, or even any dogs. Maybe some cats. If it has got you all worked up and angry, might I suggest de-caf....or Xanax.

_________________Taken from Mr Rucks "rules" post from a few days ago. How SHORT is your memory?
:applause:

So beware of an angry three legged cat named Morgan. (I can't make this stuff up)

Did I just see a white pickup truck drive by on a hot track?

<edit>

Something must have happened. The cars went by on pit lane then no cars have gone by on track at all.

I hope everyone is ok.

<edit again>

What the heck is going on here. I see laps being counted off on race monitor, but there are no cars going by the camera.

Now the atlantics are going by?

-Kyle

Weird. The feed was up, I heard the people and the flags were waiving, etc. I saw the EP/GTL cars pass by on pit lane.

But no cars (other than the white pickup) on track.

Then what looked like FA/FB cars (which were on track WAY earlier this AM).

Maybe they were replaying the FA/FB session to cover the down time? Very confusing.

Anyway, no big deal. I love the streaming media that's been setup with RaceMonitor/sccalive/etc. Great stuff.

-Kyle

Anyone else find it odd that Huffaker is faster in GTL than he is in FP? A whole second faster ....

They are about the same weight, the Mini has more allowable mods, tube chassis, optimized everything, 5 speed (?). Doesn't seem out of line.

SRF had 30 min sessions because they had to be first each day before our 103 limit kicked in. That was announced a while back with the schedule.

That seems like a fair deal. Thanks for the clarification.

And major props for that Q2 lap.

-Kyle

I'm not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but I had a cached copy of the page that brought up a recorded video of an open wheel wings class.

When I refreshed, I got the new steam from today.

So if you see the pit lane video, hit refresh. The camera is now in a new location.

-Kyle

This live feed is awesome. Just listening to it on my headphones is great.

Internal combustion music!

-Kyle

Unless you've seen it, it's hard to believe what's happening here from a grinding standpoint. Due to the large field (expected 400, got 530), there are two paddocks and two grids. The group from grid 5 (alternate paddock) are gridded out there. Then get lead around to the pits and are staged. The field from the 'normal' paddock is gridded and then sent out from the 'normal' grid. The fields are then merged into one field in the hot pits. There is a grid worker working off the grid sheet pointing at who's next from the two lines of car. It looks like a hot mess but they've got it working smoothly. The pits, grid and corner workers are all to be commended.

Dayle

Out here, they do the fastest hot track clean ups that I have ever seen, usually under local yellows.

Have they settled SM and AS yet? Sounds like in SM 4 is now in 1st and 11th is now in 2nd.

AS is all over the place also.

RonInSD":2edwip94 said:
Have they settled SM and AS yet? Sounds like in SM 4 is now in 1st and 11th is now in 2nd.

AS is all over the place also.

Notes: #2 Drago, #10 Drennan, #12 Ghidinelli, #17 Jordan, #22 Hayes, #29 Berry, #44 Kicera, #79 Carbonell moved to last finishing position in order of finish per SOM - GCR 9.1.7.C.1.f.4 (cylinder head)
#88 Kaiser - Disqualified per Chief Steward - GCR 9.1.7.C.1.f.5 (cylinder head)
#04 LaBouff - Disqualified per SOM - GCR 6.11.1 (On course driver conduct)

Back