NW FP CRX

Ian Green

Hello all, Darren finally got me past the gates of the prodracing.com interwebs. I don't plan this to be a build thread but to take a sec to introduce myself (reintroduce myself to some) and to show that not everyone is going over to those STUpid/L classes.

I raced ITA in the Great Lakes region from about 2004-2008 before I moved back to the west coast in time for the recession to hit. I held on to the car for 6 years not sure what I was ever going to do with it. Then late this summer I ran a trackday with her and after half a day running down Lotii in turn 12 PIR remembered how much I loved this stuff. And that I didn't want to go back to ITA and race against SM's looking for extra seat time. I wanted to go faster. And god damn it it was my car and I wanted her to be a racecar and built my way.

So I quickly dropped a couple grand that weekend to start off the conversion to Prod, including a ricers debacle dyno-time only engine off craigslist. So far most of the goodies I needed to convert have come from craigslist or used ebay listings keeping my conversion costs low.

Planning on being ready for the March PIR race and possibly school if I don't get my license reinstated. Just need to finish a bit of the wiring, find an inexpensive lighter hood, make my fender flares, shave a couple thou' off the head and find a decent dyno tuner. Should start out with a decent prep level and near the 1900 minimum weight.

Best pic I can pull out of a one car garage (why do I always build my cars in 1 car garages??)

Welcome aboard and good luck. Gotta love the passion. Use the board for answers to the technical crap that gets in your way.

I'm in MI.....where'd you live?

Dayle

Ian Green":1ugyvx8u said:
Best pic I can pull out of a one car garage (why do I always build my cars in 1 car garages??)
Hey, you built that car in a garage that was MUCH bigger than one car! :lol:

Dayle Frame":1ugyvx8u said:
I'm in MI.....where'd you live?
My house, at least for a little while.

Technically I built the car in the one car garage of the townhouse off Hard Rd. I did the body swap in your shop. That was much easier. Wasn't that "little while" like 2 or 3 years?

I think my biggest hurdle to deal with is how to operate at the track without the Ruck Racing team and equipment. But there will be some questions along the way.

Ian, Welcome to Portland! I look forward to seeing yur car at the track. We need more prod racers in this area. If you have any questions Re tech, I am @ 503 730 9673. G

Very cool to see the car being converted to prod and you getting back to the track! Keep everyone posted on the progress.

Nice CRX!

We'd be glad to help you with your build, development and parts. Most importantly, a short cut to fun and competitive weekends. We have a lot of experience with these cars in FP and HP.

Call Roy at HYPERformance
414-460-8382

Left Honda 6 years ago. Work at Daimler doing heavy stuff now. I'll have to ask my guys at Rassini for your spares.

Do you know Inness Eisele? He's out in Colorodo somewhere racing BMW's. He had my Honda job after me till he decided he liked hanging out with his wife more than working overtime.

Small world! We sent your guys up there some materials to play with on the Supertruck project. I'll PM you so we don't bore everyone on this thread.

Back