NOLA Majors?

was hoping to see at least a couple other gt-lites, and fp/ep to play with. looks like my group is filled with stl - and most look to be doing the sm race as well. Well at least the food will be good in french quarter. Just hope some more people show up.

Thanks to my medical insurance going up multiple thousand bucks since last year, I can't afford to leave town-- otherwise I'd be there in EP. I'm still trying to talk the wife into letting me go to Hallett since we have family there and I can justify the trip for more than one reason, but anything else away from Houston is pretty much out for the season.

I don't have "real data", but I looked back thru my videos from last year and top speed from the tach was at 8100rpm in 5th --> 138mph. slowest corner was 6000rpm in 3rd --> 58mph.
That was good enough for 3rd in EP behind Matt Reynolds and Andrew Robertson. Reynolds was ~3.5sec faster than I was, and it was his first time at the track as far as I know.
I was also fighting handling issues--- just switched to radials and I was still running a bias-ply alignment. It was pushing really bad on corner entry, so my apex speeds are slow since I couldn't make it turn.

Soooo, add in the excuses and what-ifs and YMMV. it's at least a ballpark to shoot for though.

IIRC, last year it was on the left between turns 1 and 4. there's a little driveway somewhere over there and the sound guy was parked in a truck. not sure exactly where the mic was though. But it was on the left side of the track.

Back