NOLA Majors, March 7-8

kruck

Only five weeks away, but no info out yet; hopefully we see it soon. Anyone else planning on being there? I'm excited to hit run a new track for me. Hoping for an early run group so we get done earlier! :lol:

Kevin,
Entry will be up Feb 1st on motorsports Reg. Hope you can come to the TWS race Feb 14th,i know you said your car will not be down here but come visit and I will let you on track at lunch for a drive around.
I have always left my trailer at PPIR for the Colorado races, inside the track and no one gets in without the staff opening the gate.
Larry

Larry Svaton":2d9fm07k said:
Kevin,
Entry will be up Feb 1st on motorsports Reg. Hope you can come to the TWS race Feb 14th,i know you said your car will not be down here but come visit and I will let you on track at lunch for a drive around.
I have always left my trailer at PPIR for the Colorado races, inside the track and no one gets in without the staff opening the gate.
Larry
Thanks for the offer Larry, but it'll depend on how the wife feels about a 5-hour roundtrip drive through the Texas countryside on Valentine's Day. :lol:

NOLA is going to be the "convenient stop" between Columbus and San Antonio as I bring my stuff down, so yeah the car won't be down here until after then. I'll definitely be contacting Bob at PPIR about possibly keeping the rig there in July. Good to know - thanks!

Hi Kevin,

I'll be there in my HP MGB. I got ran out of California by Jason (Yaris) and Gary (midget).. so I have relocated (like yourself) to San Antonio. Be good to be back in the car. I'll come find you at the track and introduce myself.

Neil Verity
#83 HP MGB

Neil Verity":5sdu9dkb said:
Hi Kevin,

I'll be there in my HP MGB. I got ran out of California by Jason (Yaris) and Gary (midget).. so I have relocated (like yourself) to San Antonio. Be good to be back in the car. I'll come find you at the track and introduce myself.

Neil Verity
#83 HP MGB

Did moving to Texas fix your clutch issues? It was easy to beat you when you were sitting in the paddock watching. :wink:

that's funny... I'll get you one day :p . Clutch is a work in progress as we speak... plenty messed up so far..... just need to understand why.. By the way, awesome race at Laguna... really bummed I wasn't there. I'll see you guys again, since I still work in Nor Cal and periodically go through So Cal.

Neil

I see that Delta Region has done everything but hire Baghdad Bob to assure anyone reading their web site that there is NO RACES BEING HELD in the region.

Delta isn't the host region, so that's probably why. Seems like www.sowdiv.com is the best source of info down here, combined with what's on the Majors page(s) on www.scca.com. BTW, the event page for this one went active yesterday:
http://www.scca.com/events/index.cfm?eid=8439

Prod is Group 6 of 7. Ugh....2am arrival time back home, awesome...

Neil - always nice to meet some fellow SCCA racers in the San Antonio area, as there seems to be precious few!

I'm planning/hoping to be there in the EP car.. With luck I might have the STU car sold (SIMON- GET OUT YOUR CHECKBOOK!! ;) ) and possibly need to find someone with room in their trailer from NOLA to Atlanta..

So I wonder what the actal race groups are. On the currently posted event supps/schedule, they're listed as this:
Group 1 - GT1, GT2, GT3, AS, T1
Group 2 - SM
Group 3 - FA, FB, FC, FE, FM, P1, P2
Group 4 - SRF, SRF3Group 5 - F5, FF, FV
Group 6 - EP, FP, HP, GTL
Group 7 - B-Spec, STL, STU, T2. T3, T4

But on the motorsportreg.com entry list, it has the groups broken out into this:
SRF
SM
Big Bore Closed Wheel (GT1, GT2, GT3, T1, T2)
Small DOT Closed Wheel (AS, STL, STU, T3)
Small Bore Slicks CW (EP, FP, GTL, HP, T4, B-Spec)
Big Bore Open Wheel (FA, FB, FE, FM, P1, P2)
Small Bore Open Wheel (FC, FF, FV, F5)

Kevin,
We (WMR) juggled our race groups a skosh so as to fit the upper set of groups in your post. I think HQ wants drivers to be able to run in a consistent set of classes. I like it....we know from week to week who were running with.

Dayle

Dayle, you've turned into a real company man.

Those groupings are great until you find one grouping ends up with 64 cars while the other has 30. We are trying to fix this with Atlanta but the supps are being held up to keep the suggested groups in tact. There's a big difference in 64/30 vs 50/44 on a track like Atlanta. You wouldn't like it so much if you were in the 64 part.

We think balance in more important than consistency especially since others are allowed just what we want.

I'm just of the opinion that these groups....
kruck":toaejwjo said:
On the currently posted event supps/schedule, they're listed as this:
GT1, GT2, GT3, AS, T1
EP, FP, HP, GTL
B-Spec, STL, STU, T2. T3, T4

....make a lot more sense to me than these groups.
kruck":toaejwjo said:
But on the motorsportreg.com entry list, it has the groups broken out into this:
Big Bore Closed Wheel (GT1, GT2, GT3, T1, T2)
Small DOT Closed Wheel (AS, STL, STU, T3)
Small Bore Slicks CW (EP, FP, GTL, HP, T4, B-Spec)

And I still don't know for sure what the groups are going to be at NOLA, or more importantly, what Group # Prod will be in, so I can get an idea of when I'll be able to leave.

I know it's a novel concept, but I checked with the race chairman (Sydney) and she said the Supps were correct and the MSR listing (which was left over from 2014) was modified this morning.

Edit - just looked at MSR and they still do not match, so I'll let her know.

FP Racer":33qxzxb1 said:
Dayle, you've turned into a real company man.

Those groupings are great until you find one grouping ends up with 64 cars while the other has 30. We are trying to fix this with Atlanta but the supps are being held up to keep the suggested groups in tact. There's a big difference in 64/30 vs 50/44 on a track like Atlanta. You wouldn't like it so much if you were in the 64 part.

We think balance in more important than consistency especially since others are allowed just what we want.

I like having balanced race groups too. Nothing says we can't juggle class groupings later. If 25 BSpec show up, we can make allowances. But to have a standardized place to start makes sense....an opening bid as it were.

Dayle

I know that Sydney was working on this yesterday. The groupings are per the schedule, not what it says in MSR (which still says T4 and BS with small bore slicks). Looks like the correct classes are in the correct groups now based on the entries, even though the group descriptions aren't updated.

I've gone ahead and entered, but my early season racing budget doesn't seem to be prepared for it. Upgraded my motorhome last month and have become a bit "motorhome poor." Excited to see Kevin in the Conference. Looking forward to good racing this season!

Unfortunately I'm out for NOLA. Family responsibilities trump racing.

There wasn't much for us to do to prep for the new track last year. Very little representative video. So here's a couple laps from Saturday's race last year as we came off of a full course yellow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzFWptzox2U

Sorry to hear it, Eric, but thanks for the video! Hopefully a few more Prod cars come out to play. Only three weeks until the event, with 119 total entries thus far:

E Production - 5 Entries
8 - Blehm, Matt - 1982 Mazda RX7 - Hawk, Hoosier, Mazda, Summit Racing - Rosharon, TX
46 - Davis, Sydney - 1994 Mazda Miata - JAWS Racing/MAZDASPEED/MSR Houston - Cypress, TX
9 - Kosdrosky, Rick - 2000 Lotus Caterham 7 - Over Fifty Motorsports/Hoosier - Granbury, TX
71 - Reynolds, Matt - 1999 Mazda Miata - Reynolds Bros. Racing/JPM/Vintage Connection - Fair Oaks , Tx
024 - Robertson, Andrew - 2000 Caterham Super 7 - Hoosier/Summit/SafeRacer - The Woodlands, TX

F Production - 4 Entries
57 - Baker, Kyle - 1991 Mazda Miata - DEE Autosport - Angleton, TX
63 - Kullman, Paul - 1992 Mazda Miata - No Mo Money Race Engineering - Seminole, FL
73 - Ruck, Kevin - 1990 Acura Integra - Hoosier/Honda Performance Development - Atascosa, TX
25 - Weber, Mark - 1993 Mazda Miata - Red Line Oil,ESCP,Mazda,Hawk Brakes - Saint Louis, MO

GTL - 1 Entry
98 - Lopshire, Roy - 1991 Toyota Tercel - TRD/Williams Racing Development/Hoosier - Blue Springs, MO

H Production - 5 Entries
3 - Albin, Chris - 1985 Volkswagen GTI/Golf - Hoosier/247-parts.com/AMT engines - Maryland Heights, MO
90 - Horrell, Rob - 1961 Austin Sprite - Horrell Group Architects - Memphis, TN
78 - Louw, David - Fiat X1/9 - Over 50 Racing - Houston, TX
75 - Ogren, Mike - 1987 - Volkswagen Scirocco - fwdracingguide.com, Protech Services - Spring Hill, FL
36 - Perry, Will - 1987 Honda CRX - Rivergate; Epilepsy Foundation; Stringer Bead Welding - Sale Creek, TN

Looks like I'm gonna have my plate full that weekend! Syd I can handle. The other EP cars? All fast guys. That'll be fun to watch. from behind.

Back